|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tour.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At twenty-one, Lance competes in the World Championships in:
2. What advice from coaches does Lance fail to listen to early in his career?
(a) To not eat before a race.
(b) To pace himself.
(c) To wear sunscreen.
(d) To ignore the crowds.
3. Lance regards LaTrice as his:
(a) Second mom.
(b) Friend and guardian angel.
(c) Connection to the outside world.
(d) One-woman support system.
4. When Alain Bondue talks with Lance, he tries to:
(a) Say very little.
(b) Show support.
(c) Ensure Lance is comfortable.
(d) Present a realistic outlook.
5. Why does one of Lance's competitors intentionally finish a race in fourth place even though he is easily in second place?
(a) He wants his friends to take second and third places.
(b) He wants to make sure Lance finishes in second place.
(c) He doesn't want to stand next to Lance on the winner's podium.
(d) He loses his confidence when Lance passes him by.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lance explains that he does not check his mother at the door when he is about to meet the:
2. Where do Lance's chemotherapy treatments take place?
3. What does Lance accomplish at the age of twenty-one at the Tour de France?
4. Who comes to watch Lance's last time trial at the Tour de France, riding in the team car?
5. During chemo, the focus of Lance's healing revolves around what?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)