Before and After
1. Lance Armstrong is a renowned:
(d) Auto racer.
2. How old is Lance when he discovers he has cancer?
3. Lance Armstrong is perhaps best known for his victories at the:
(a) IFMAR World Championship.
(b) Winter Olympics.
(c) Tour de France.
(d) World Cup.
4. How serious is Lance's cancer?
(a) Doctors are uncertain.
(c) It requires only a minor operation.
5. When Lance's body starts to show signs of illness, he is in the middle of:
(a) A European vacation.
(b) Becoming a force on the cycling circuit.
(c) Starting a foundation.
(d) Winning his second Tour de France.
6. Why does Lance ignore his body's symptoms?
(a) He is a driven athlete trained to ignore pain.
(b) He doesn't trust doctors.
(c) He does not have health insurance.
(d) He doesn't want his competitors to ridicule him.
7. Why does Lance finally consult with a doctor after his symptoms appear?
(a) He goes in for an annual checkup.
(b) His coach, girlfriend, and best friends urge him to go.
(c) He gets medical insurance.
(d) His symptoms and pain have grown severe.
This section contains 5,409 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)