|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Marquis live?
2. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" describe the other people on the train?
3. How do the people of Radusa respond to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
4. How does the wedding party respond when Professor Gori says Cesara Reis's wedding will go as planned?
5. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Nunzia invites the Marquis over for dinner?
2. Why is the town of Pietrarsa building a fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
3. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
4. How do the people on the train act in "Broken Toys"?
5. Why does Professor Gori want Cesara Reis to go on with her wedding as planned?
6. How does Nunzia initially feel about the Marquis?
7. How does the wedding party react to the news that Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
8. What happens when the narrator runs into the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
9. Why does Bistino no longer work for the Marquis?
10. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," how does the engineer feel at the end of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two authors who appear to be different and explain how they reflect similar message and values in their stories.
Essay Topic 2
Select one story that acts as a allegory. Explain how the story functions as an allegory and what the message is.
Essay Topic 3
How does geography impact these stories? Choose three stories and explain how geography helps to develop the characters and plot.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)