|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Marquis treat Nunzia when he moves in?
2. Why does Professor Gori think he missed Cesara Reis's wedding?
3. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
4. Where does the Marquis live?
5. What award did Luigi Pirandello win in 1934?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's engagement?
2. How does the Marquis feel about Nunzia's methods of raising her social status?
3. What is Giacobbe's plan for his visit to Mascalico?
4. Why does Bistino no longer work for the Marquis?
5. How does Nunzia initially feel about the Marquis?
6. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" judge the Southern Italians?
7. What is the problem with Professor Gori's frock-coat?
8. In "The Idolaters," why are the townspeople so eager for Pallura to arrive?
9. What role does the statue of San Pantaleone play in the lives of the townspeople in "The Idolaters"?
10. What is Cesara Reis's wedding like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of dialogue in at least two stories. How does the dialogue affect the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast three antagonists.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the struggles between the upper and lower classes in Italy throughout the time periods these stories represent. Select three stories that best illustrate these struggles.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)