|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some people in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" want the fountain moved?
2. Who thinks Cesara Reis and Mr. Migri should reconsider their engagement?
3. What is Cesara Reis doing when Professor Gori goes into her apartment?
4. What does Giacobbe discover about Pallura?
5. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is progress on the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" continually stalled?
2. What happens after Nunzia invites the Marquis over for dinner?
3. What is the problem with Professor Gori's frock-coat?
4. Why does Professor Gori want Cesara Reis to go on with her wedding as planned?
5. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
6. What happens to the statue of San Pantaleone at the end of "The Idolaters"?
7. What is Cesara Reis's wedding like?
8. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
9. Why does the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" agree to take the narrator's bet?
10. Why is the town of Pietrarsa building a fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select 2-4 stories and explore the roles of women. What do these stories describe? How do they convey a message about the roles of women?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of dialogue in at least two stories. How does the dialogue affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
Select one story that acts as a allegory. Explain how the story functions as an allegory and what the message is.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)