|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Migri propose to Cesara Reis?
2. What happens to Giacobbe at the end of "The Idolaters"?
3. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
4. When does the stock man open the train door in "Broken Toys"?
5. How does the Marquis treat Nunzia when he moves in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's engagement?
2. How do the people on the train act in "Broken Toys"?
3. Why does the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" agree to take the narrator's bet?
4. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
5. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
6. How does Nunzia initially feel about the Marquis?
7. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
8. What happens to the statue of San Pantaleone at the end of "The Idolaters"?
9. Why is the town of Pietrarsa building a fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
10. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," how does the engineer feel at the end of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast three antagonists.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast three protagonists.
Essay Topic 3
What does physical movement represent in these stories? Choose 2-3 stories that use physical movement as a symbol and examine the use of that symbol.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)