|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens every time a plan is made for the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
2. How do the people of Radusa respond to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
3. Why is Cesara Reis's wedding canceled?
4. How does the wedding party respond when Professor Gori says Cesara Reis's wedding will go as planned?
5. What does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" feel is wasted in the town?
Essay Topic 1
What does physical movement represent in these stories? Choose 2-3 stories that use physical movement as a symbol and examine the use of that symbol.
Essay Topic 2
Select one story and consider the impact of the author's biography on the creation and message of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two authors who appear to be different and explain how they reflect similar message and values in their stories.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)