|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the stock man open the train door in "Broken Toys"?
2. Who gathers around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
3. What happens every time a plan is made for the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
4. What do the people gathered around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house do?
5. When does the fabric on Professor Gori's frock-coat tear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three characters that could be described as victims. Explain how each character fits this definition and what the literary value of having a victim is.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one story and explore how marriage is represented in it. What message is the author trying to convey about marriage?
Essay Topic 3
How does setting function as a character in one of these stories? Explore the ways that setting helps to develop the characters and plot.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)