|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Professor Gori decide to "stand up for" Cesara Reis after her wedding is postponed?
2. When the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" meets the engineer, what work has been done to the fountain?
3. What was the goal of literary "Futurists"?
4. What do the townspeople take with them when they go to Mascalico with Pallura?
5. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
Essay Topic 1
How does geography impact these stories? Choose three stories and explain how geography helps to develop the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 2
What does physical movement represent in these stories? Choose 2-3 stories that use physical movement as a symbol and examine the use of that symbol.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two authors who appear to be different and explain how they reflect similar message and values in their stories.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)