|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Professor Gori decide to "stand up for" Cesara Reis after her wedding is postponed?
2. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
3. What does Giacobbe suggest happened to Pallura's candles?
4. In "The Idolaters," how do people know that Pallura has arrived?
5. How does Professor Gori feel about trying on frock-coats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast three antagonists.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the use of symbolism in this collection. Choose three symbols that are used in the stories and describe each. Compare and contrast the use of each symbol.
Essay Topic 3
How does geography impact these stories? Choose three stories and explain how geography helps to develop the characters and plot.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)