|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the wedding party respond when Professor Gori says Cesara Reis's wedding will go as planned?
2. What is Cesara Reis doing when Professor Gori goes into her apartment?
3. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
4. What does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" bet the engineer?
5. Where does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" run into an engineer of Pietrarsa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Marquis feel about Nunzia's methods of raising her social status?
2. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's engagement?
3. What is the problem with Professor Gori's frock-coat?
4. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
5. What happens after Nunzia invites the Marquis over for dinner?
6. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
7. Why is progress on the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" continually stalled?
8. Why do the townspeople of Pietrarsa gather outside the mayor's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
9. How does the wedding party react to the news that Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
10. Why does Professor Gori want Cesara Reis to go on with her wedding as planned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select one story and consider the impact of the author's biography on the creation and message of the story.
Essay Topic 2
How is religion a character? Choose 2-3 stories and explain how religion acts as a character in each story.
Essay Topic 3
Select 2-4 stories and explore the roles of women. What do these stories describe? How do they convey a message about the roles of women?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)