|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
2. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
3. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's marriage?
4. What does Giacobbe discover about Pallura?
5. How does Giacobbe want the people of Mascalico to feel after his visit to their church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the people on the train act in "Broken Toys"?
2. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
3. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
4. What is the problem with Professor Gori's frock-coat?
5. Why does Professor Gori want Cesara Reis to go on with her wedding as planned?
6. In "The Idolaters," why are the townspeople so eager for Pallura to arrive?
7. What is Giacobbe's plan for his visit to Mascalico?
8. What happens after Nunzia invites the Marquis over for dinner?
9. What happens when the narrator runs into the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
10. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast three antagonists.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two authors who appear to be different and explain how they reflect similar message and values in their stories.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the theme of betrayal across at least two stories.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)