|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Professor Gori decide to "stand up for" Cesara Reis after her wedding is postponed?
2. When the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" meets the engineer, what work has been done to the fountain?
3. What was the goal of literary "Futurists"?
4. What do the townspeople take with them when they go to Mascalico with Pallura?
5. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
Essay Topic 1
Choose two authors who appear to be different and explain how they reflect similar message and values in their stories.
Essay Topic 2
How does geography impact these stories? Choose three stories and explain how geography helps to develop the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one story and explore how marriage is represented in it. What message is the author trying to convey about marriage?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)