|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
2. How does Spoleto convince Madonna Zilia to visit Monsignor Filiberto?
3. What time of day do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest Calandrino look for the helitropia stone?
4. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
5. What lesson does Malpelo try to show Ranocchio about working in the mines?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
2. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
3. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
4. What does Calandrino believe ruined his magic?
5. How does Maso help to set up Calandrino in "Eighth Day, Third Story"?
6. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
7. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
8. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
9. How does Madonna Zilia try to release Monsignor Filiberto from his oath?
10. Why does Belfagor run away from his wife on earth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select one story and consider the impact of the author's biography on the creation and message of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Select 2-4 stories and explore the roles of women. What do these stories describe? How do they convey a message about the roles of women?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why you think these stories were compiled. Describe three themes or messages that this collection explores as a whole.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)