Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Malpelo try to show Ranocchio about working in the mines?
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco like to play pranks on Calandrino?
3. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
4. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
5. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Marquis feel about Nunzia's methods of raising her social status?
2. What is the problem with Professor Gori's frock-coat?
3. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
4. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
5. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
6. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
7. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
8. What do the rulers of Hell learn about the holy man's vision in "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
9. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
10. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
Explore the theme of betrayal across at least two stories.
Select one story and consider the impact of the author's biography on the creation and message of the story.
How does geography impact these stories? Choose three stories and explain how geography helps to develop the characters and plot.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)