|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest Calandrino look for the helitropia stone?
2. During which century did Boccacio write?
3. What does Torranza tell Bianca about her marriage in his urgent letter?
4. What type of poetry does Professor Farsatti say Mount San Dona reminds him of?
5. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maso help to set up Calandrino in "Eighth Day, Third Story"?
2. What does Calandrino believe ruined his magic?
3. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
4. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
5. What does Torranza's letter marked "urgent" say?
6. How does Madonna Zilia try to release Monsignor Filiberto from his oath?
7. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
8. What do the rulers of Hell learn about the holy man's vision in "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
9. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
10. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does setting function as a character in one of these stories? Explore the ways that setting helps to develop the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how the authors reflect on the role of the government in their stories. What commentary is provided?
Essay Topic 3
How does geography impact these stories? Choose three stories and explain how geography helps to develop the characters and plot.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)