|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
2. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
3. What causes Ranocchio to start coughing up blood?
4. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
5. How does Monsignor Filiberto feel about Madonna Zilia's requested oath of silence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malpelo's name mean?
2. How does Maso help to set up Calandrino in "Eighth Day, Third Story"?
3. How does the king of France treat Monsignor Filiberto?
4. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
5. What does Maso tell Calandrino about the helitropia stone?
6. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
7. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
8. What do the rulers of Hell learn about the holy man's vision in "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
9. How does Monsignor Filiberto finally get a kiss from Madonna Zilia?
10. How do the rulers of Hell decide to test the holy man's vision in 'Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why you think these stories were compiled. Describe three themes or messages that this collection explores as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the political forces described in the author's biography to the political forces in their story.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast three protagonists.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)