Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Malpelo try to show Ranocchio about working in the mines?
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco like to play pranks on Calandrino?
3. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
4. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
5. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Marquis feel about Nunzia's methods of raising her social status?
2. What is the problem with Professor Gori's frock-coat?
3. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
4. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
5. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
6. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
7. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
8. What do the rulers of Hell learn about the holy man's vision in "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
9. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
10. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast three antagonists.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the use of symbolism in this collection. Choose three symbols that are used in the stories and describe each. Compare and contrast the use of each symbol.
Essay Topic 3
How is religion a character? Choose 2-3 stories and explain how religion acts as a character in each story.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)