|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
2. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
3. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
4. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
5. What does Bianca do when her father criticizes Torranza?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Torranza's letter marked "urgent" say?
2. What does Malpelo's name mean?
3. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
4. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
5. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
6. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
7. Why does Belfagor run away from his wife on earth?
8. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
9. What does Calandrino believe ruined his magic?
10. How does Malpelo feel about his job at the coal mine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select one story that acts as a allegory. Explain how the story functions as an allegory and what the message is.
Essay Topic 2
How does geography impact these stories? Choose three stories and explain how geography helps to develop the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the political forces described in the author's biography to the political forces in their story.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)