|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
2. What does Malpelo tell Ranocchio when he takes him to the place where his father died?
3. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
4. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
5. Why does Belfagor do as Onesta says in their marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the king of France do when no doctor can cure Monsignor Filiberto?
2. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
3. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
4. How does Monsignor Filiberto finally get a kiss from Madonna Zilia?
5. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
6. How does Madonna Zilia try to release Monsignor Filiberto from his oath?
7. What does Malpelo's name mean?
8. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
9. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
10. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of dialogue in at least two stories. How does the dialogue affect the story?
Essay Topic 2
Select one story that acts as a allegory. Explain how the story functions as an allegory and what the message is.
Essay Topic 3
How does setting function as a character in one of these stories? Explore the ways that setting helps to develop the characters and plot.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)