|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Monsignor Filiberto feel about Madonna Zilia's requested oath of silence?
2. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
3. Why does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto see Madonna Zilia?
4. Why do the Carrettas criticize Torranza?
5. What does Hermes Torranza write in letters to Bianca?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bistino no longer work for the Marquis?
2. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
3. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
4. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
5. How do the rulers of Hell decide to test the holy man's vision in 'Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
6. How does Bianca affect her father's rule of his city?
7. Why does Malpelo beat Ranocchio?
8. Why does Belfagor run away from his wife on earth?
9. What does the king of France do when no doctor can cure Monsignor Filiberto?
10. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the political forces described in the author's biography to the political forces in their story.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one story and explore how marriage is represented in it. What message is the author trying to convey about marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast three antagonists.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)