|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torranza tell Bianca about her marriage in his urgent letter?
2. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
3. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
4. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
5. Why does Belfagor need to possess a wealthy daughter for a second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
2. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
3. Why does Malpelo beat Ranocchio?
4. What does Maso tell Calandrino about the helitropia stone?
5. What does Calandrino believe ruined his magic?
6. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
7. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
8. What does the king of France do when no doctor can cure Monsignor Filiberto?
9. What does Malpelo's name mean?
10. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one story and explore how marriage is represented in it. What message is the author trying to convey about marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Select one story that acts as a allegory. Explain how the story functions as an allegory and what the message is.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the theme of betrayal across at least two stories.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)