|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
2. How does Malpelo treat Ranocchio when he starts working at the mine?
3. How much older is Hermes Torranza than Bianca?
4. What do people think caused Malpelo to have red hair?
5. By whom was Giovanni Verga influenced?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bianca affect her father's rule of his city?
2. How does the king of France treat Monsignor Filiberto?
3. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
4. What does Malpelo's name mean?
5. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
6. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
7. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
8. Why does Malpelo beat Ranocchio?
9. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
10. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how the authors reflect on the role of the government in their stories. What commentary is provided?
Essay Topic 2
Select one story and consider the impact of the author's biography on the creation and message of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Select 2-4 stories and explore the roles of women. What do these stories describe? How do they convey a message about the roles of women?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)