|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto see Madonna Zilia?
2. Why does the king of France change the award for helping Monsignor Filiberto speak?
3. How does Professor Farsatti feel about Mount San Dona?
4. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
5. Why does Calandrino's wife yell at him when he comes home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
2. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
3. What stories does Malpelo say his father used to tell?
4. What does Torranza's letter marked "urgent" say?
5. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
6. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
7. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
8. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
9. Why does Belfagor run away from his wife on earth?
10. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does physical movement represent in these stories? Choose 2-3 stories that use physical movement as a symbol and examine the use of that symbol.
Essay Topic 2
How does geography impact these stories? Choose three stories and explain how geography helps to develop the characters and plot.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of dialogue in at least two stories. How does the dialogue affect the story?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)