|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she visits Monsignor Filiberto, what does Madonna Zilia tell him that disappoints him?
2. How does Malpelo's sister feel about him?
3. What does Calandrino ask Maso about the magic rocks?
4. What does Hermes Torranza write in letters to Bianca?
5. How does Gianmatteo get Belfagor to leave the king's daughter's body and return to hell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
2. Why does Belfagor run away from his wife on earth?
3. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
4. How does Monsignor Filiberto finally get a kiss from Madonna Zilia?
5. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
6. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
7. What does Calandrino believe ruined his magic?
8. How does Malpelo feel about his job at the coal mine?
9. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
10. How does the king of France treat Monsignor Filiberto?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two authors who appear to be different and explain how they reflect similar message and values in their stories.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast three antagonists.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why you think these stories were compiled. Describe three themes or messages that this collection explores as a whole.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)