|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bianca dislike about her husband, Emilio Squarcina?
2. Why does Calandrino want a helitropia stone?
3. Why does Belfagor need to possess a wealthy daughter for a second time?
4. What is Monsignor Filiberto's reaction to Madonna Zilia's lack of interest in him?
5. Why does Bianca return to San Dona?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
2. What does Torranza's letter marked "urgent" say?
3. How do the rulers of Hell decide to test the holy man's vision in 'Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
4. What does Malpelo's name mean?
5. What stories does Malpelo say his father used to tell?
6. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
7. Why does Belfagor run away from his wife on earth?
8. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
9. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
10. How does the king of France treat Monsignor Filiberto?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select 2-4 stories and explore the roles of women. What do these stories describe? How do they convey a message about the roles of women?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three characters that could be described as victims. Explain how each character fits this definition and what the literary value of having a victim is.
Essay Topic 3
Select one story that acts as a allegory. Explain how the story functions as an allegory and what the message is.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)