|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ranocchio tell Malpelo is beyond the stars?
2. How does Spoleto convince Madonna Zilia to visit Monsignor Filiberto?
3. What does Hermes Torranza do for a living?
4. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
5. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maso help to set up Calandrino in "Eighth Day, Third Story"?
2. What does Torranza's letter marked "urgent" say?
3. How does Bianca affect her father's rule of his city?
4. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
5. What does Calandrino believe ruined his magic?
6. Why does Malpelo beat Ranocchio?
7. Why does Belfagor run away from his wife on earth?
8. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
9. What does the king of France do when no doctor can cure Monsignor Filiberto?
10. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast three antagonists.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast three protagonists.
Essay Topic 3
Select one story that acts as a allegory. Explain how the story functions as an allegory and what the message is.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)