|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their visit, what does Monsignor Filiberto ask of Madonna Zilia?
2. How does Malpelo treat Ranocchio when he starts working at the mine?
3. How does Bianca describe her feelings for Hermes Torranza?
4. During which century did Boccacio write?
5. What type of poetry does Professor Farsatti say Mount San Dona reminds him of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
2. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
3. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
4. How does Madonna Zilia try to release Monsignor Filiberto from his oath?
5. Why does Belfagor run away from his wife on earth?
6. How does Monsignor Filiberto finally get a kiss from Madonna Zilia?
7. How does Malpelo feel about his job at the coal mine?
8. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
9. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
10. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one story and explore how marriage is represented in it. What message is the author trying to convey about marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Select 2-4 stories and explore the roles of women. What do these stories describe? How do they convey a message about the roles of women?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the political forces described in the author's biography to the political forces in their story.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)