|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bianca describe her feelings for Hermes Torranza?
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
3. When she visits Monsignor Filiberto, what does Madonna Zilia tell him that disappoints him?
4. What does Maso say the helitropia stone does to people?
5. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
2. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
3. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
4. What does Calandrino believe ruined his magic?
5. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
6. What does Malpelo's name mean?
7. How does Monsignor Filiberto finally get a kiss from Madonna Zilia?
8. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
9. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
10. How does the king of France treat Monsignor Filiberto?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast three antagonists.
Essay Topic 2
Select one story and consider the impact of the author's biography on the creation and message of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the political forces described in the author's biography to the political forces in their story.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)