|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
2. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
3. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
4. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
5. What does Malpelo tell Ranocchio when he takes him to the place where his father died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Monsignor Filiberto finally get a kiss from Madonna Zilia?
2. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
3. What does Malpelo's name mean?
4. How do the rulers of Hell decide to test the holy man's vision in 'Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
5. How does Bianca affect her father's rule of his city?
6. How does Maso help to set up Calandrino in "Eighth Day, Third Story"?
7. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
8. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
9. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
10. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of dialogue in at least two stories. How does the dialogue affect the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast three protagonists.
Essay Topic 3
How do these stories show a theme of suffering? Consider suffering for one's self as well as for other people.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)