|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Professor Gori get his frock-coat repaired when it tears?
(a) He doesn't notice it at first.
(b) He doesn't want to spend the money.
(c) He throws it away instead.
(d) He has to go to a wedding.
2. What does Giacobbe discover about Pallura?
(a) He melted all the candle wax.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He is missing.
(d) He is covered in blood.
3. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
(a) He says it's a warning about the town's finances.
(b) He says that the devil has risen.
(c) He says it a sign of the judgment day.
(d) He says everyone needs to go to church.
4. How does Mr. Migri propose to Cesara Reis?
(a) With the help of Professor Gori.
(b) In front of a crowd.
(c) With a written note.
(d) He asks her father.
5. Why does Professor Gori think he missed Cesara Reis's wedding?
(a) He saw her getting into a car.
(b) All the people are standing outside.
(c) He was late trying to fix his coat.
(d) He doesn't know what time it starts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Professor Gori decide to "stand up for" Cesara Reis after her wedding is postponed?
2. How does Nunzia describe the Marquis?
3. How does Nunzia try to raise her social status?
4. How does Bistino remember the Marquis treating him in the past?
5. What was the goal of literary "Futurists"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's engagement?
2. In "The Idolaters," why are the townspeople so eager for Pallura to arrive?
3. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," how does the engineer feel at the end of the story?
4. How does the wedding party react to the news that Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
5. How does Professor Gori realize Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
6. What role does the statue of San Pantaleone play in the lives of the townspeople in "The Idolaters"?
7. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
8. Why do the townspeople of Pietrarsa gather outside the mayor's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
9. Why does Professor Gori want Cesara Reis to go on with her wedding as planned?
10. What does the woman with the toys reveal about herself when she asks questions in "Broken Toys"?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)