|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meetings are held in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" to try to resolve the problems with the fountain?
(a) Council meetings.
(b) Town hall meetings.
(c) Official mayor meetings.
(d) Court meetings.
2. How does Mr. Migri's mother feel about the wedding being postponed?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She doesn't care.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is worried.
3. Why is the rail line cut off on "Broken Toys"?
(a) Because it was stolen.
(b) Because it was never completed.
(c) Because no one uses it anymore.
(d) Because of the war.
4. Why doesn't Professor Gori get his frock-coat repaired when it tears?
(a) He doesn't want to spend the money.
(b) He throws it away instead.
(c) He doesn't notice it at first.
(d) He has to go to a wedding.
5. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
(a) He wants to take them out to lunch.
(b) He wants to know when the wedding with take place.
(c) He wants to know the groom's name.
(d) He wants to know how to console the bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nunzia describe the Countess?
2. What do the townspeople take with them when they go to Mascalico with Pallura?
3. How does Bistino feel about the Countess?
4. How does Bistino remember the Marquis treating him in the past?
5. How does Mr. Migri propose to Cesara Reis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's engagement?
2. How do the people on the train act in "Broken Toys"?
3. What is Cesara Reis's wedding like?
4. What is Giacobbe's plan for his visit to Mascalico?
5. Why does Professor Gori want Cesara Reis to go on with her wedding as planned?
6. What does the woman with the toys reveal about herself when she asks questions in "Broken Toys"?
7. What happens after Nunzia invites the Marquis over for dinner?
8. How does Nunzia initially feel about the Marquis?
9. How does the wedding party react to the news that Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
10. Why is progress on the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" continually stalled?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)