|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the mayor of Pietrarsa first react to the people who resist the fountain?
(a) He tries to convince them he is right.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He immediately gives in to them.
(d) He has them arrested.
2. How do the other townspeople react the Giacobbe's theory of what happened to Pallura's candles?
(a) They are angered by it.
(b) They agree with him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They are understanding.
3. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
(a) The engineer talks the mayor into it.
(b) He gets paid to have the fountain moved.
(c) He knows the people won't change their minds.
(d) He lets them vote on it.
4. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
(a) He says that the devil has risen.
(b) He says it a sign of the judgment day.
(c) He says it's a warning about the town's finances.
(d) He says everyone needs to go to church.
5. Why does Professor Gori think he missed Cesara Reis's wedding?
(a) He was late trying to fix his coat.
(b) All the people are standing outside.
(c) He saw her getting into a car.
(d) He doesn't know what time it starts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" treat the engineer of Pietrarsa?
2. How does the engineer of Pietrarsa respond to the narrator's bet?
3. How does Giacobbe get inside the church in Mascalico?
4. Why does Mr. Migri leave town after the wedding is postponed?
5. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," where is the fountain going to be built?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)