|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is a new express train line built in "Broken Toys"?
(a) After Italy is liberated.
(b) When Germany lends Italy money.
(c) In 1960.
(d) Once the old line is sold.
2. How is Bistino related to the Marquis?
(a) He used to work for him.
(b) The Marquis owes him money.
(c) They used to work together.
(d) They are cousins.
3. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's marriage?
(a) He introduces her to the groom.
(b) He performs the wedding.
(c) He pays for the wedding.
(d) He plans the wedding.
4. How does Mr. Migri propose to Cesara Reis?
(a) With a written note.
(b) In front of a crowd.
(c) He asks her father.
(d) With the help of Professor Gori.
5. Who gathers around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
2. How does Giacobbe want the people of Mascalico to feel after his visit to their church?
3. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what is wrong with the town's democratic system?
4. When does the fabric on Professor Gori's frock-coat tear?
5. Why doesn't Cesara Reis work as a tutor for Mr. Migri?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the statue of San Pantaleone play in the lives of the townspeople in "The Idolaters"?
2. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" judge the Southern Italians?
3. What happens after Nunzia invites the Marquis over for dinner?
4. Why does Bistino no longer work for the Marquis?
5. Why does Professor Gori want Cesara Reis to go on with her wedding as planned?
6. How does Professor Gori realize Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
7. Why does the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" agree to take the narrator's bet?
8. How does the wedding party react to the news that Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
9. What happens when the narrator runs into the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
10. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)