|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Migri propose to Cesara Reis?
(a) In front of a crowd.
(b) With the help of Professor Gori.
(c) He asks her father.
(d) With a written note.
2. Why do some people in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" want the fountain moved?
(a) They think it is ugly and want it far away.
(b) They want it in a more central location.
(c) They think it will block traffic.
(d) They want the chance to vote on it.
3. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
(a) They slaughter people.
(b) They smack people.
(c) They destroy their church.
(d) They rob people.
4. Who offers to repair the tear in Professor Gori's frock-coat?
(a) His housemaid.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His daughter.
(d) The clerk.
5. What does Giacobbe discover about Pallura?
(a) He is covered in blood.
(b) He melted all the candle wax.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Professor Gori decide to "stand up for" Cesara Reis after her wedding is postponed?
2. How does Giacobbe want the people of Mascalico to feel after his visit to their church?
3. Who thinks Cesara Reis and Mr. Migri should reconsider their engagement?
4. In "Broken Toys," where are the people traveling from?
5. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is progress on the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" continually stalled?
2. Why does the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" agree to take the narrator's bet?
3. What happens to the statue of San Pantaleone at the end of "The Idolaters"?
4. What is Giacobbe's plan for his visit to Mascalico?
5. How does the wedding party react to the news that Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
6. How does Professor Gori realize Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
7. How do the people on the train act in "Broken Toys"?
8. Why does Professor Gori want Cesara Reis to go on with her wedding as planned?
9. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's engagement?
10. What does the woman with the toys reveal about herself when she asks questions in "Broken Toys"?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)