|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
(a) Steal the candles.
(b) Destroy the church.
(d) Replace their statue.
2. What is Cesara Reis doing when Professor Gori goes into her apartment?
3. In "The Idolaters," how do people know that Pallura has arrived?
(a) The town crier announces it.
(b) They can see him driving his wagon in the distance.
(c) They hear him singing.
(d) They hear the bells on his wagon.
4. Where does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" run into an engineer of Pietrarsa?
(a) In Florence.
(b) Pietrarsa's town center.
(c) Outside of Paris.
(d) Near Pietrarsa.
5. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what is wrong with the town's democratic system?
(a) There isn't a leader.
(b) It stalls any progress trying to be made.
(c) It doesn't have term limits.
(d) There aren't enough people that vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nunzia try to raise her social status?
2. How is Bistino related to the Marquis?
3. Why doesn't Cesara Reis work as a tutor for Mr. Migri?
4. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
5. How does Giacobbe get inside the church in Mascalico?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
2. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
3. How does Professor Gori realize Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
4. What happens when the narrator runs into the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
5. Why does the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" agree to take the narrator's bet?
6. What is Giacobbe's plan for his visit to Mascalico?
7. How does the Marquis feel about Nunzia's methods of raising her social status?
8. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" judge the Southern Italians?
9. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
10. What is Cesara Reis's wedding like?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)