|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Broken Toys," how does the stocky man feel about the woman with the questions about toys?
(a) He thinks she is beautiful.
(b) He thinks she is ignorant.
(c) He thinks she is nosy.
(d) He thinks she is boring.
2. What does Professor Gori do after he tells the wedding party the wedding will go as planned?
(a) He jumps up and down.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He rips off his sleeve.
(d) He yells at them.
3. When does the stock man open the train door in "Broken Toys"?
(a) When they go in a tunnel.
(b) When they cross a bridge.
(c) When they depart.
(d) When they come to a stop.
4. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's marriage?
(a) He performs the wedding.
(b) He plans the wedding.
(c) He pays for the wedding.
(d) He introduces her to the groom.
5. In "The Idolaters," what are the red lights in the sky?
(a) The northern lights.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Something from space.
(d) Another town's warning signal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople take with them when they go to Mascalico with Pallura?
2. How does Bistino remember the Marquis treating him in the past?
3. Why doesn't Giacobbe go through with his plan in the Mascalico church?
4. What do the people gathered around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house do?
5. How does the mayor of Pietrarsa first react to the people who resist the fountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
2. In "The Idolaters," why are the townspeople so eager for Pallura to arrive?
3. Why do the townspeople of Pietrarsa gather outside the mayor's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
4. What happens when the narrator runs into the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
5. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" judge the Southern Italians?
6. What happens after Nunzia invites the Marquis over for dinner?
7. What happens to the statue of San Pantaleone at the end of "The Idolaters"?
8. How does Nunzia initially feel about the Marquis?
9. Why is progress on the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" continually stalled?
10. How does the Marquis feel about Nunzia's methods of raising her social status?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)