|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Idolaters," how do people know that Pallura has arrived?
(a) The town crier announces it.
(b) They hear him singing.
(c) They hear the bells on his wagon.
(d) They can see him driving his wagon in the distance.
2. Why does Professor Gori think he missed Cesara Reis's wedding?
(a) All the people are standing outside.
(b) He doesn't know what time it starts.
(c) He was late trying to fix his coat.
(d) He saw her getting into a car.
3. Why does the Marquis move in with the Countess?
(a) Because Nunzia asks him to.
(b) Because he begins eating there daily.
(c) Because he begs her to let him.
(d) Because he is kicked out of his house.
4. According to Nunzia, how did the Marquis lose his money?
(a) His wife spent it all.
(b) He was robbed.
(c) His parents took it back.
(d) He did it himself.
5. Why do the townspeople rush to greet Pallura?
(a) They think he has news about the lights.
(b) He is the richest person in town.
(c) He always brings gifts for the children.
(d) They want his candle wax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" run into an engineer of Pietrarsa?
2. How does the mayor of Pietrarsa first react to the people who resist the fountain?
3. Why is the rail line cut off on "Broken Toys"?
4. What do the people gathered around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house do?
5. How is Bistino related to the Marquis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Nunzia invites the Marquis over for dinner?
2. What is the problem with Professor Gori's frock-coat?
3. How does the wedding party react to the news that Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
4. Why is the town of Pietrarsa building a fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
5. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
6. How does the Marquis feel about Nunzia's methods of raising her social status?
7. Why do the townspeople of Pietrarsa gather outside the mayor's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
8. How do the people on the train act in "Broken Toys"?
9. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
10. What happens when the narrator runs into the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)