|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" feel is wasted in the town?
(a) Human emotions.
(b) Brain power.
(c) Natural resources.
(d) Common sense.
2. How is Bistino related to the Marquis?
(a) They used to work together.
(b) The Marquis owes him money.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) He used to work for him.
3. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
(a) He wants to take them out to lunch.
(b) He wants to know when the wedding with take place.
(c) He wants to know how to console the bride.
(d) He wants to know the groom's name.
4. Why do the townspeople of Radusa consult Giacobbe about the red lights?
(a) He offers his help for free.
(b) They know he is a scientist.
(c) They think he used to be a holy man.
(d) The mayor suggests him for the job.
5. What happens to Giacobbe at the end of "The Idolaters"?
(a) He is taken captive.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He rediscovers his religion.
(d) He returns home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Marquis move in with the Countess?
2. What is Cesara Reis doing when Professor Gori goes into her apartment?
3. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
4. When does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" say he moved?
5. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," where is the fountain going to be built?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)