|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Broken Toys," how does the stocky man feel about the woman with the questions about toys?
(a) He thinks she is beautiful.
(b) He thinks she is boring.
(c) He thinks she is ignorant.
(d) He thinks she is nosy.
2. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
(b) Replace their statue.
(c) Steal the candles.
(d) Destroy the church.
3. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," where is the fountain going to be built?
(a) By the rich people.
(b) Outside the mayor's house.
(c) In the town center.
(d) On the east side of town.
4. What happens to Giacobbe at the end of "The Idolaters"?
(a) He rediscovers his religion.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is taken captive.
(d) He returns home.
5. What meetings are held in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" to try to resolve the problems with the fountain?
(a) Official mayor meetings.
(b) Council meetings.
(c) Town hall meetings.
(d) Court meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people gathered around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house do?
2. How does Giacobbe want the people of Mascalico to feel after his visit to their church?
3. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what is wrong with the town's democratic system?
4. Where does the Marquis live?
5. How does Mr. Migri's mother feel about the wedding being postponed?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)