|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" meets the engineer, what work has been done to the fountain?
(a) It is in the process of being designed.
(b) It has been installed.
(c) It hasn't been started yet.
(d) It has only been planned.
2. Why do the townspeople rush to greet Pallura?
(a) They want his candle wax.
(b) He always brings gifts for the children.
(c) They think he has news about the lights.
(d) He is the richest person in town.
3. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
(a) The engineer talks the mayor into it.
(b) He knows the people won't change their minds.
(c) He lets them vote on it.
(d) He gets paid to have the fountain moved.
4. What does Professor Gori do after he tells the wedding party the wedding will go as planned?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He rips off his sleeve.
(c) He jumps up and down.
(d) He yells at them.
5. How does the woman with the toys feel about the stocky man opening the door in "Broken Toys"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the fabric on Professor Gori's frock-coat tear?
2. How does Bistino feel about the Countess?
3. When does the stock man open the train door in "Broken Toys"?
4. Why does Professor Gori think he missed Cesara Reis's wedding?
5. How does the wedding party respond when Professor Gori says Cesara Reis's wedding will go as planned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
2. What happens after Nunzia invites the Marquis over for dinner?
3. Why does Bistino no longer work for the Marquis?
4. Why does Professor Gori want Cesara Reis to go on with her wedding as planned?
5. Why is the town of Pietrarsa building a fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
6. What is Giacobbe's plan for his visit to Mascalico?
7. What happens when the narrator runs into the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
8. How does Professor Gori realize Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
9. In "The Idolaters," why are the townspeople so eager for Pallura to arrive?
10. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" judge the Southern Italians?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)