|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
(a) He lets them vote on it.
(b) The engineer talks the mayor into it.
(c) He knows the people won't change their minds.
(d) He gets paid to have the fountain moved.
2. How does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" treat the engineer of Pietrarsa?
(a) He praises him.
(b) He insults him.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He teases him.
3. Why are people arguing on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(a) They are arguing over the cost of tickets.
(b) They are arguing about the noise.
(c) They are arguing about the service.
(d) They are arguing over seats.
4. Where are most of the people from on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Northern Italy.
(c) Southern Italy.
5. Who gathers around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" avoid the narrator?
2. Why doesn't Professor Gori get his frock-coat repaired when it tears?
3. Why does Professor Gori think he missed Cesara Reis's wedding?
4. How does Professor Gori feel about trying on frock-coats?
5. What was the goal of literary "Futurists"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Idolaters," why are the townspeople so eager for Pallura to arrive?
2. Why does the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" agree to take the narrator's bet?
3. What happens when the narrator runs into the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
4. What is Cesara Reis's wedding like?
5. How do the people on the train act in "Broken Toys"?
6. Why is progress on the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" continually stalled?
7. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," how does the engineer feel at the end of the story?
8. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
9. What does the woman with the toys reveal about herself when she asks questions in "Broken Toys"?
10. Why do the townspeople of Pietrarsa gather outside the mayor's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)