|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman with the toys ask the stock man in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Questions about children.
(b) Questions about geography.
(c) Questions about school.
(d) Questions about his personal life.
2. Why doesn't Giacobbe go through with his plan in the Mascalico church?
(a) His group abandons him.
(b) An elderly Mascalico woman talks to him.
(c) Mascalico residents stop him.
(d) He hears the voice of God.
3. When is a new express train line built in "Broken Toys"?
(a) After Italy is liberated.
(b) Once the old line is sold.
(c) When Germany lends Italy money.
(d) In 1960.
4. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what happens while the fountain's construction is halted?
(a) The people begin to think the city is ugly.
(b) They lose funding from the government.
(c) They lose water from the river.
(d) The construction workers lose their jobs.
5. Why doesn't Cesara Reis work as a tutor for Mr. Migri?
(a) She doesn't know enough.
(b) She doesn't like children.
(c) She can't leave home for that long.
(d) She needs more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
2. How is Bistino related to the Marquis?
3. What was the goal of literary "Futurists"?
4. When does the fabric on Professor Gori's frock-coat tear?
5. What happens every time a plan is made for the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)