|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Giacobbe at the end of "The Idolaters"?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is taken captive.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He rediscovers his religion.
2. What is Cesara Reis doing when Professor Gori goes into her apartment?
3. How does Bistino remember the Marquis treating him in the past?
4. How does the woman with the toys feel about the stocky man opening the door in "Broken Toys"?
5. How does Giacobbe get inside the church in Mascalico?
(a) He climbs through a window.
(b) He breaks down the front door.
(c) He uses a key.
(d) He uses a side door.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" meets the engineer, what work has been done to the fountain?
2. In "Broken Toys," where are the people traveling from?
3. Why is Cesara Reis's wedding canceled?
4. Where does the Marquis live?
5. What does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" bet the engineer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cesara Reis's wedding like?
2. How do the people on the train act in "Broken Toys"?
3. Why is progress on the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" continually stalled?
4. Why does Bistino no longer work for the Marquis?
5. Why does Professor Gori want Cesara Reis to go on with her wedding as planned?
6. What role does the statue of San Pantaleone play in the lives of the townspeople in "The Idolaters"?
7. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
8. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," how does the engineer feel at the end of the story?
9. Why does the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" agree to take the narrator's bet?
10. What happens after Nunzia invites the Marquis over for dinner?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)