|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Professor Gori decide to "stand up for" Cesara Reis after her wedding is postponed?
(a) He still wants her to have her wedding.
(b) He wants to protect her reputation.
(c) He doesn't want anyone to tease her.
(d) He wants her to be able to mourn in peace.
2. When the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" meets the engineer, what work has been done to the fountain?
(a) It has been installed.
(b) It is in the process of being designed.
(c) It has only been planned.
(d) It hasn't been started yet.
3. What was the goal of literary "Futurists"?
(a) To write about the future.
(b) To start over new.
(c) To discuss the past.
(d) To create a new type of literature.
4. What do the townspeople take with them when they go to Mascalico with Pallura?
(a) The San Pantaleone statue.
(b) The priest.
(c) Their old candles.
(d) Large sticks.
5. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
(a) He says it a sign of the judgment day.
(b) He says that the devil has risen.
(c) He says it's a warning about the town's finances.
(d) He says everyone needs to go to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are most of the people from on the train in "Broken Toys"?
2. What award did Luigi Pirandello win in 1934?
3. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
4. Who thinks Cesara Reis and Mr. Migri should reconsider their engagement?
5. In "The Idolaters," what are the red lights in the sky?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)