|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Broken Toys," where are the people traveling from?
2. In "The Idolaters," what are the red lights in the sky?
(a) Something from space.
(b) Another town's warning signal.
(c) The northern lights.
(d) No one knows.
3. How does Giacobbe get inside the church in Mascalico?
(a) He climbs through a window.
(b) He breaks down the front door.
(c) He uses a key.
(d) He uses a side door.
4. In "Broken Toys," how does the stocky man feel about the woman with the questions about toys?
(a) He thinks she is boring.
(b) He thinks she is beautiful.
(c) He thinks she is ignorant.
(d) He thinks she is nosy.
5. How does Mr. Migri's mother feel about the wedding being postponed?
(a) She is worried.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She doesn't care.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nunzia try to raise her social status?
2. Why do the townspeople rush to greet Pallura?
3. Why is Cesara Reis's wedding canceled?
4. Why doesn't Giacobbe go through with his plan in the Mascalico church?
5. Where does the Marquis live?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Idolaters," why are the townspeople so eager for Pallura to arrive?
2. How does Professor Gori realize Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
3. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
4. What does the woman with the toys reveal about herself when she asks questions in "Broken Toys"?
5. How do the people on the train act in "Broken Toys"?
6. What is Giacobbe's plan for his visit to Mascalico?
7. What is the problem with Professor Gori's frock-coat?
8. Why is progress on the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" continually stalled?
9. How does the wedding party react to the news that Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
10. Why does the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" agree to take the narrator's bet?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)