|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" run into an engineer of Pietrarsa?
(a) Pietrarsa's town center.
(b) Outside of Paris.
(c) Near Pietrarsa.
(d) In Florence.
2. Who thinks Cesara Reis and Mr. Migri should reconsider their engagement?
(a) Mr. Migri's mother.
(b) Cesara Reis's father.
(c) Professor Gogi.
(d) Mr. Migri.
3. Why does Pallura bring candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
(a) The church is out of candles.
(b) Candles could help stop the red lights.
(c) He is a wax dealer.
(d) He developed a new type of wax.
4. What happens to Giacobbe at the end of "The Idolaters"?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is taken captive.
(c) He rediscovers his religion.
(d) He returns home.
5. How does Mr. Migri propose to Cesara Reis?
(a) In front of a crowd.
(b) With the help of Professor Gori.
(c) He asks her father.
(d) With a written note.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Broken Toys," where are the people traveling from?
2. Why doesn't Cesara Reis work as a tutor for Mr. Migri?
3. What is the woman with the toys looking for on the train in "Broken Toys"?
4. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what happens while the fountain's construction is halted?
5. What do the people gathered around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Nunzia invites the Marquis over for dinner?
2. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
3. In "The Idolaters," why are the townspeople so eager for Pallura to arrive?
4. How does Nunzia initially feel about the Marquis?
5. How does Professor Gori realize Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
6. Why do the townspeople of Pietrarsa gather outside the mayor's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
7. How does the wedding party react to the news that Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
8. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
9. What happens when the narrator runs into the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
10. What is Giacobbe's plan for his visit to Mascalico?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)