|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Migri's mother feel about the wedding being postponed?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She is pleased.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She is worried.
2. What does Giacobbe discover about Pallura?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He is covered in blood.
(d) He melted all the candle wax.
3. What do the people gathered around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house do?
(a) Charge his house.
(b) Try to get a signature.
(c) Threaten him.
(d) Cheer him on.
4. Where are most of the people from on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(b) Southern Italy.
(d) Northern Italy.
5. How does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" treat the engineer of Pietrarsa?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He praises him.
(c) He insults him.
(d) He teases him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Migri leave town after the wedding is postponed?
2. What is the woman with the toys looking for on the train in "Broken Toys"?
3. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
4. When does the fabric on Professor Gori's frock-coat tear?
5. What does Giacobbe suggest happened to Pallura's candles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's engagement?
2. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
3. How does the Marquis feel about Nunzia's methods of raising her social status?
4. What is Giacobbe's plan for his visit to Mascalico?
5. How does Professor Gori realize Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
6. What does the woman with the toys reveal about herself when she asks questions in "Broken Toys"?
7. Why does Bistino no longer work for the Marquis?
8. How do the people on the train act in "Broken Toys"?
9. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
10. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" judge the Southern Italians?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)