|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
(a) He wants to take them out to lunch.
(b) He wants to know how to console the bride.
(c) He wants to know the groom's name.
(d) He wants to know when the wedding with take place.
2. Why does Professor Gori decide to "stand up for" Cesara Reis after her wedding is postponed?
(a) He wants her to be able to mourn in peace.
(b) He wants to protect her reputation.
(c) He still wants her to have her wedding.
(d) He doesn't want anyone to tease her.
3. How do the other townspeople react the Giacobbe's theory of what happened to Pallura's candles?
(a) They are angered by it.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They agree with him.
(d) They are understanding.
4. What does the woman with the toys ask the stock man in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Questions about geography.
(b) Questions about school.
(c) Questions about children.
(d) Questions about his personal life.
5. How does the engineer of Pietrarsa respond to the narrator's bet?
(a) He changes the time frame to two years.
(b) He thinks he is a fool.
(c) He is worried he is right.
(d) He refuses to take the bet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what is wrong with the town's democratic system?
2. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
3. In "The Idolaters," how do people know that Pallura has arrived?
4. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
5. When does the stock man open the train door in "Broken Toys"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," how does the engineer feel at the end of the story?
2. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
3. What happens to the statue of San Pantaleone at the end of "The Idolaters"?
4. Why does Professor Gori want Cesara Reis to go on with her wedding as planned?
5. How does the wedding party react to the news that Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
6. Why do the townspeople of Pietrarsa gather outside the mayor's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
7. Why is progress on the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" continually stalled?
8. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
9. What is Cesara Reis's wedding like?
10. What is Giacobbe's plan for his visit to Mascalico?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)