|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giacobbe discover about Pallura?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He is missing.
(c) He melted all the candle wax.
(d) He is covered in blood.
2. Why is Cesara Reis's wedding canceled?
(a) He brother died.
(b) Her sister died.
(c) Her father died.
(d) Her mother died.
3. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
(a) He knows the people won't change their minds.
(b) He lets them vote on it.
(c) He gets paid to have the fountain moved.
(d) The engineer talks the mayor into it.
4. How do the people of Radusa respond to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
(a) They are terrified.
(b) They don't even notice them.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They think they are pretty.
5. Where does the Marquis live?
(a) In a mansion.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In a country manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gathers around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
2. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
3. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
4. Where does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" run into an engineer of Pietrarsa?
5. What does the priest in "The Idolaters" do with the statuesof San Pantaleone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the townspeople of Pietrarsa gather outside the mayor's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
2. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
3. What is Cesara Reis's wedding like?
4. What happens after Nunzia invites the Marquis over for dinner?
5. Why does Bistino no longer work for the Marquis?
6. Why does Professor Gori want Cesara Reis to go on with her wedding as planned?
7. How do the people on the train act in "Broken Toys"?
8. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
9. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" judge the Southern Italians?
10. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's engagement?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)