|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the engineer of Pietrarsa respond to the narrator's bet?
(a) He is worried he is right.
(b) He thinks he is a fool.
(c) He changes the time frame to two years.
(d) He refuses to take the bet.
2. Why do some people in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" want the fountain moved?
(a) They want the chance to vote on it.
(b) They want it in a more central location.
(c) They think it is ugly and want it far away.
(d) They think it will block traffic.
3. Why does Mr. Migri leave town after the wedding is postponed?
(a) He doesn't want to get married anymore.
(b) For vacation.
(c) For business.
(d) Cesara Reis tells him to go.
4. Where are most of the people from on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(b) Southern Italy.
(d) Northern Italy.
5. What does Giacobbe suggest happened to Pallura's candles?
(a) There never were any candles.
(b) He sold them to someone else.
(c) They melted.
(d) They were stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nunzia describe the Countess?
2. Why does the Marquis move in with the Countess?
3. How does the wedding party respond when Professor Gori says Cesara Reis's wedding will go as planned?
4. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's marriage?
5. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what is wrong with the town's democratic system?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Marquis feel about Nunzia's methods of raising her social status?
2. How do the townspeople react to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
3. In "The Idolaters," why are the townspeople so eager for Pallura to arrive?
4. What is Cesara Reis's wedding like?
5. Why is progress on the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" continually stalled?
6. How does the wedding party react to the news that Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
7. What happens when the narrator runs into the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
8. Why do the townspeople of Pietrarsa gather outside the mayor's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
9. How does Nunzia initially feel about the Marquis?
10. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)