|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
(a) He has him kidnapped.
(b) He uses the law.
(c) He doubles his taxes until he shows up.
(d) He shows up at his house.
2. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
(a) He gets paid more money to do them.
(b) He always stands up to a challenge.
(c) He doesn't want to lose his job.
(d) He feels he doesn't have a family.
3. What does Ranocchio tell Malpelo is beyond the stars?
(c) Another world.
4. In "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife," who has the vision of hell?
(a) An unmarried man.
(b) Holy leaders.
(c) The Devil.
5. Why does Onesta's family choose Belfagor to marry her?
(a) His good looks.
(b) His education.
(c) His charm.
(d) His money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
2. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
3. What does Monsignor Filiberto do for a living?
4. Why do the Carrettas criticize Torranza?
5. What does Bianca do when her father criticizes Torranza?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the rulers of Hell learn about the holy man's vision in "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
2. Why does Malpelo beat Ranocchio?
3. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
4. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
5. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
6. What does Calandrino believe ruined his magic?
7. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
8. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
9. How does Madonna Zilia try to release Monsignor Filiberto from his oath?
10. What does Malpelo's name mean?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)