|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
2. During their visit, what does Monsignor Filiberto ask of Madonna Zilia?
(a) A day to have lunch together.
(b) Her hand in marriage.
(c) A hug.
(d) A kiss.
3. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
(a) His house.
(b) The center of town.
(c) The market.
(d) The church.
4. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
(a) He wants his money back.
(b) He wants to know who Belfagor is.
(c) He wants him to marry is daughter.
(d) He is worried about his daughter.
5. Where does Ranocchio like to visit most?
(a) The meadow.
(b) The cliffs.
(c) The ravine.
(d) The town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife," who has the vision of hell?
2. What does Torranza tell Bianca about her marriage in his urgent letter?
3. What does the king of France change the award to in "Madonna Zilia"?
4. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
5. How does Verga explain Malpelo's father's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
2. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
3. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
4. What do the rulers of Hell learn about the holy man's vision in "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
5. How does Malpelo feel about his job at the coal mine?
6. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
7. How does Monsignor Filiberto finally get a kiss from Madonna Zilia?
8. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
9. What does Maso tell Calandrino about the helitropia stone?
10. Why does Malpelo beat Ranocchio?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)