|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Monsignor Filiberto feel about Madonna Zilia's requested oath of silence?
(a) He thinks it's childish.
(b) He thinks it's too long.
(c) He thinks it's a bluff.
(d) He thinks it's fair.
2. What do the miners find where Malpelo's father died?
(a) His pants.
(b) A note.
(c) His shoe.
(d) His bag.
3. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
4. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
5. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) Greet him with a kiss.
(b) Wave her hat on the street.
(c) Dance at court.
(d) Bow before saying goodbye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
2. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
3. How many stories are in "The Decameron"?
4. Why does Calandrino want a helitropia stone?
5. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
2. How does Malpelo feel about his job at the coal mine?
3. What does Calandrino believe ruined his magic?
4. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
5. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
6. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
7. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
8. How does Maso help to set up Calandrino in "Eighth Day, Third Story"?
9. How do the rulers of Hell decide to test the holy man's vision in 'Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
10. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)