|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spoleto convince Madonna Zilia to visit Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) He begs her.
(b) He says she will get hurt if she doesn't.
(c) He gives her gifts.
(d) He says he will pay her.
2. How does Bianca describe her feelings for Hermes Torranza?
(a) She does not like him at all.
(b) She likes him more than a friend.
(c) She likes him as a friend.
(d) She loves him.
3. What does Calandrino do for a living?
4. Why does Belfagor need to possess a wealthy daughter for a second time?
(a) Gianmatteo didn't get enough money.
(b) Gianmatteo asked him to do it again.
(c) Belfagor wanted to prove himself.
(d) The first daughter was too smart.
5. Why does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto see Madonna Zilia?
(a) Because he owes Filiberto.
(b) Because Filiberto paid him.
(c) Because his priest made him.
(d) Because they are friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the miners find where Malpelo's father died?
2. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
3. What type of poetry does Professor Farsatti say Mount San Dona reminds him of?
4. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
5. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
2. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
3. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
4. How does Bianca affect her father's rule of his city?
5. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
6. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
7. How does Maso help to set up Calandrino in "Eighth Day, Third Story"?
8. What does the king of France do when no doctor can cure Monsignor Filiberto?
9. Why does Belfagor run away from his wife on earth?
10. How do the rulers of Hell decide to test the holy man's vision in 'Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)