|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bianca describe her feelings for Hermes Torranza?
(a) She likes him as a friend.
(b) She does not like him at all.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She likes him more than a friend.
2. What lesson does Malpelo try to show Ranocchio about working in the mines?
(a) That he has to be fast.
(b) That he has to hide his money.
(c) That he has to work the hardest.
(d) That he has to be a fighter.
3. Why does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto see Madonna Zilia?
(a) Because they are friends.
(b) Because his priest made him.
(c) Because Filiberto paid him.
(d) Because he owes Filiberto.
4. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
5. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco react when they find out Calandrino beat his wife?
(a) They beat Calandrino.
(b) They leave his house.
(c) They tell him to stop.
(d) They laugh at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Ranocchio to start coughing up blood?
2. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
3. Why does Belfagor want to possess the daughter of a wealthy man?
4. At the end of "Eighth Day, Third Story," how does Calandrino feel about his wife?
5. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bianca affect her father's rule of his city?
2. How do the rulers of Hell decide to test the holy man's vision in 'Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
3. What does the king of France do when no doctor can cure Monsignor Filiberto?
4. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
5. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
6. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
7. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
8. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
9. How does the king of France treat Monsignor Filiberto?
10. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)