|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
(b) In a castle.
(c) In trees.
(d) At home.
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco tell Calandrino he should have avoided his wife?
(a) So she wouldn't take his magic.
(b) So he wouldn't take his anger out on her.
(c) So they could have found more rocks.
(d) So she wouldn't know about the rocks.
3. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest looking for a helitropia stone on holiday?
(a) It's a lucky holiday.
(b) No one else will be around.
(c) They have the day off of work.
(d) They want to find one before then.
4. What type of poetry does Professor Farsatti say Mount San Dona reminds him of?
5. Why is Malpelo's mother ashamed of him?
(a) Because people gossip about him.
(b) Because he insults her.
(c) Because he works a poor job.
(d) Because he beats people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Belfagor given before he goes to earth in the form of a man?
2. How does Malpelo feel when he visits Ranocchio and sees his mother crying?
3. Even though the other miners hate Malpelo, why do they keep him around?
4. Why do the Carrettas criticize Torranza?
5. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
2. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
3. What stories does Malpelo say his father used to tell?
4. What does Maso tell Calandrino about the helitropia stone?
5. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
6. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
7. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
8. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
9. How does Monsignor Filiberto finally get a kiss from Madonna Zilia?
10. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)