|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Malpelo's sister feel about him?
(a) She is afraid for him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is embarrassed by him.
(d) She ignores him.
2. Even though the other miners hate Malpelo, why do they keep him around?
(a) His mother begged them.
(b) Out of respect for his father.
(c) They signed a contract with him.
(d) Because he is a hard worker.
3. Who tells Bianca that Torrazna has died?
(a) Dalla Carretta.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Professor Farsatti.
(d) Her husband.
4. Why does the visit from Dalla Carretta disappoint Bianca?
(a) She was trying to sleep.
(b) She thought it was Torranza.
(c) She wanted to go out to town.
(d) She wanted to be alone.
5. Why does Belfagor try to flee town?
(a) Onesta cheated on him.
(b) He is no longer in love with Onesta.
(c) Onesta kicked him out.
(d) He has run out of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torranza tell Bianca about her marriage in his urgent letter?
2. Where does Ranocchio like to visit most?
3. What causes Ranocchio to start coughing up blood?
4. At the end of "Eighth Day, Third Story," how does Calandrino feel about his wife?
5. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the king of France treat Monsignor Filiberto?
2. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
3. What do the rulers of Hell learn about the holy man's vision in "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
4. What bothers the narrator of "Competition" about the law of competition?
5. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
6. What happens when the narrator runs into the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
7. What does the king of France do when no doctor can cure Monsignor Filiberto?
8. How does Professor Gori realize Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
9. Why is progress on the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" continually stalled?
10. What does the woman with the toys reveal about herself when she asks questions in "Broken Toys"?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)