|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Belfagor need to possess a wealthy daughter for a second time?
(a) Belfagor wanted to prove himself.
(b) The first daughter was too smart.
(c) Gianmatteo didn't get enough money.
(d) Gianmatteo asked him to do it again.
2. What is Belfagor given before he goes to earth in the form of a man?
(a) Good wishes.
(c) Clear directions.
3. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) His creditors are after him.
(b) The other devils make him stay.
(c) Onesta's father finds him.
(d) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
4. Why does Bianca return to San Dona?
(a) To find a job.
(b) To write a book.
(c) To escape her husband.
(d) To help her parents.
5. Who tells Bianca that Torrazna has died?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Professor Farsatti.
(d) Dalla Carretta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belfagor want to possess the daughter of a wealthy man?
2. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
3. What does Monsignor Filiberto do for a living?
4. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
5. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco react when they find out Calandrino beat his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bistino no longer work for the Marquis?
2. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
3. In "The Idolaters," why are the townspeople so eager for Pallura to arrive?
4. How does Madonna Zilia try to release Monsignor Filiberto from his oath?
5. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
6. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
7. What bothers the narrator of "Competition" about the law of competition?
8. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
9. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
10. What is Giacobbe's plan for his visit to Mascalico?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)