|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
(a) Lied to him.
(b) Cancelled his magic.
(c) Smacked him.
(d) Told Bruno and Buffalmaco what happened.
2. How does Gianmatteo get Belfagor to leave the king's daughter's body and return to hell?
(a) He says a prayer.
(b) He says he knows his boss.
(c) He says he lost all the money.
(d) He says his wife is coming.
3. How does Malpelo treat Ranocchio when he starts working at the mine?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He jokes with him.
(c) He teaches him.
(d) He beats him.
4. Why does the visit from Dalla Carretta disappoint Bianca?
(a) She wanted to be alone.
(b) She was trying to sleep.
(c) She thought it was Torranza.
(d) She wanted to go out to town.
5. In what genre did Fogazzaro write first?
(d) Short stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belfagor need to possess a wealthy daughter for a second time?
2. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco react when they find out Calandrino beat his wife?
3. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
4. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
5. What does Maso say the helitropia stone does to people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bianca affect her father's rule of his city?
2. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
3. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
4. What stories does Malpelo say his father used to tell?
5. How does Malpelo feel about his job at the coal mine?
6. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
7. What does Torranza's letter marked "urgent" say?
8. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
9. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
10. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)