|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the visit from Dalla Carretta disappoint Bianca?
(a) She wanted to be alone.
(b) She wanted to go out to town.
(c) She was trying to sleep.
(d) She thought it was Torranza.
2. What is Belfagor given before he goes to earth in the form of a man?
(b) Good wishes.
(c) Clear directions.
3. How does Spoleto convince Madonna Zilia to visit Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) He says he will pay her.
(b) He begs her.
(c) He says she will get hurt if she doesn't.
(d) He gives her gifts.
4. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) They will be charged.
(b) They will be beheaded.
(c) They will be forced to try again.
(d) They will be exiled.
5. What does Bianca dislike about her husband, Emilio Squarcina?
(a) His parents.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His garden.
(d) His hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Calandrino want a helitropia stone?
2. Why does Belfagor try to flee town?
3. How does Malpelo feel when he visits Ranocchio and sees his mother crying?
4. What does Monsignor Filiberto do for a living?
5. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
2. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
3. What does Calandrino believe ruined his magic?
4. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
5. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
6. How does Bianca affect her father's rule of his city?
7. What stories does Malpelo say his father used to tell?
8. What does Torranza's letter marked "urgent" say?
9. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
10. How does the king of France treat Monsignor Filiberto?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)