|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Ranocchio to start coughing up blood?
(a) Malpelo shakes him.
(b) He falls in the mines.
(c) He swallows something sharp.
(d) Malpelo hits him on the back.
2. What do the miners find where Malpelo's father died?
(a) His shoe.
(b) His pants.
(c) A note.
(d) His bag.
3. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
(a) He says he will sabotage the whole plan.
(b) He says it won't work.
(c) He says it will intimidate Gianmatteo.
(d) He says Gianmatteo is stupid.
4. What does Calandrino ask Maso about the magic rocks?
(a) What type of magic they do.
(b) Where he can find them.
(c) What they look like.
(d) Who owns the most magic rocks.
5. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
(a) He uses the law.
(b) He has him kidnapped.
(c) He doubles his taxes until he shows up.
(d) He shows up at his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Calandrino want a helitropia stone?
2. Why does Bianca return to San Dona?
3. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco react when they find out Calandrino beat his wife?
4. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
5. What does Hermes Torranza write in letters to Bianca?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
2. Why does Malpelo beat Ranocchio?
3. What does Maso tell Calandrino about the helitropia stone?
4. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
5. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
6. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
7. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
8. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
9. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
10. How does Maso help to set up Calandrino in "Eighth Day, Third Story"?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)