|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stories are in "The Decameron"?
(d) One hundred.
2. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) Onesta's father finds him.
(b) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
(c) His creditors are after him.
(d) The other devils make him stay.
3. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
(c) A wife.
(d) A chance to go to heaven.
4. Why does Belfagor want to possess the daughter of a wealthy man?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) So he can get some of his money back.
(c) So Gianmatteo can control her.
(d) So he can get revenge.
5. Why does Bianca return to San Dona?
(a) To help her parents.
(b) To find a job.
(c) To escape her husband.
(d) To write a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Malpelo is accused by the other workers, how does Ranocchio react?
2. Even though the other miners hate Malpelo, why do they keep him around?
3. What happens with the rocks Bruno and Buffalmaco throw?
4. What does Bianca do when her father criticizes Torranza?
5. How does Spoleto convince Madonna Zilia to visit Monsignor Filiberto?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
2. What does Malpelo's name mean?
3. How does the king of France treat Monsignor Filiberto?
4. What do the rulers of Hell learn about the holy man's vision in "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
5. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
6. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
7. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
8. Why does Malpelo beat Ranocchio?
9. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
10. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)