|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their visit, what does Monsignor Filiberto ask of Madonna Zilia?
(a) A day to have lunch together.
(b) A hug.
(c) Her hand in marriage.
(d) A kiss.
2. Why does Calandrino's wife yell at him when he comes home?
(a) Because she is hungry.
(b) Because he has rocks with him.
(c) Because he skipped work.
(d) Because he is late.
3. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco tell Calandrino he should have avoided his wife?
(a) So they could have found more rocks.
(b) So she wouldn't take his magic.
(c) So he wouldn't take his anger out on her.
(d) So she wouldn't know about the rocks.
4. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
(a) He shows up at his house.
(b) He has him kidnapped.
(c) He doubles his taxes until he shows up.
(d) He uses the law.
5. In what genre did Fogazzaro write first?
(d) Short stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsignor Filiberto do for a living?
2. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
3. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
4. How does Gianmatteo get Belfagor to leave the king's daughter's body and return to hell?
5. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
2. What stories does Malpelo say his father used to tell?
3. How does the king of France treat Monsignor Filiberto?
4. How does Maso help to set up Calandrino in "Eighth Day, Third Story"?
5. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
6. What does Torranza's letter marked "urgent" say?
7. How does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto?
8. Why does Belfagor run away from his wife on earth?
9. What does Maso tell Calandrino about the helitropia stone?
10. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)