|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
(a) A street vendor.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
2. How does Bianca describe her feelings for Hermes Torranza?
(a) She likes him as a friend.
(b) She likes him more than a friend.
(c) She does not like him at all.
(d) She loves him.
3. How does Malpelo treat Ranocchio when he starts working at the mine?
(a) He jokes with him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He beats him.
(d) He teaches him.
4. Why does Bianca stay silent after learning of Torranza's death?
(a) She doesn't have anything to say.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She doesn't want anyone to know how she feels about him.
(d) She wants to hear what they think first.
5. Why does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto see Madonna Zilia?
(a) Because they are friends.
(b) Because he owes Filiberto.
(c) Because Filiberto paid him.
(d) Because his priest made him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Malpelo's sister feel about him?
2. What does Gianmatteo own?
3. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
4. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
5. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the king of France do when no doctor can cure Monsignor Filiberto?
2. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
3. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
4. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
5. What does Maso tell Calandrino about the helitropia stone?
6. How does Malpelo feel about his job at the coal mine?
7. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
8. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
9. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
10. How does Bianca affect her father's rule of his city?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)