Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king of France change the award to in "Madonna Zilia"?
(a) 10,000 francs.
(b) 15,000 francs.
(c) 5,000 francs.
(d) 20,000 francs.
2. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) They will be forced to try again.
(b) They will be exiled.
(c) They will be beheaded.
(d) They will be charged.
3. By whom was Giovanni Verga influenced?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The English.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The French.
4. Why does the king of France change the award for helping Monsignor Filiberto speak?
(a) He isn't getting enough doctors.
(b) He thinks doctors are just trying to get money.
(c) He wants Filiberto to agree to the help.
(d) He wants to get Madonna Zilia to come to France.
5. Why does Bianca stay silent after learning of Torranza's death?
(a) She doesn't have anything to say.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She wants to hear what they think first.
(d) She doesn't want anyone to know how she feels about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maso say the helitropia stone does to people?
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest looking for a helitropia stone on holiday?
3. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
4. During their visit, what does Monsignor Filiberto ask of Madonna Zilia?
5. How many stories are in "The Decameron"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
2. How do the rulers of Hell decide to test the holy man's vision in 'Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
3. How does Nunzia initially feel about the Marquis?
4. What does the woman with the toys reveal about herself when she asks questions in "Broken Toys"?
5. How does the king of France treat Monsignor Filiberto?
6. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
7. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
8. What do the rulers of Hell learn about the holy man's vision in "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
9. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
10. What is Cesara Reis's wedding like?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)