|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calandrino ask Maso about the magic rocks?
(a) What they look like.
(b) What type of magic they do.
(c) Where he can find them.
(d) Who owns the most magic rocks.
2. How does Spoleto convince Madonna Zilia to visit Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) He says he will pay her.
(b) He gives her gifts.
(c) He says she will get hurt if she doesn't.
(d) He begs her.
3. Why is Malpelo's mother ashamed of him?
(a) Because he beats people.
(b) Because he insults her.
(c) Because people gossip about him.
(d) Because he works a poor job.
4. What does Bianca dislike about her husband, Emilio Squarcina?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His hometown.
(c) His parents.
(d) His garden.
5. When Malpelo is accused by the other workers, how does Ranocchio react?
(a) He defends Malpelo.
(b) He accuses Malpelo too.
(c) He ignores the whole scene.
(d) He calls for the boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their visit, what does Monsignor Filiberto ask of Madonna Zilia?
2. In "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife," who has the vision of hell?
3. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
4. What lesson does Malpelo try to show Ranocchio about working in the mines?
5. At the end of "Eighth Day, Third Story," how does Calandrino feel about his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bianca affect her father's rule of his city?
2. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
3. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
4. How does Madonna Zilia try to release Monsignor Filiberto from his oath?
5. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
6. How does Malpelo feel about his job at the coal mine?
7. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
8. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
9. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
10. What does the king of France do when no doctor can cure Monsignor Filiberto?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)