|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beneto consider above all other things in his rule?
2. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
(a) He says Gianmatteo is stupid.
(b) He says it won't work.
(c) He says it will intimidate Gianmatteo.
(d) He says he will sabotage the whole plan.
3. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) Dance at court.
(b) Greet him with a kiss.
(c) Bow before saying goodbye.
(d) Wave her hat on the street.
4. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
(a) A chance to go to heaven.
(b) A wife.
5. How much older is Hermes Torranza than Bianca?
(a) Over 20 years.
(b) About 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) They are the same age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bianca return to San Dona?
2. Who tells Bianca that Torrazna has died?
3. How does Monsignor Filiberto feel about Madonna Zilia's requested oath of silence?
4. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
5. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Calandrino believe ruined his magic?
2. What does Malpelo's name mean?
3. Why does Belfagor run away from his wife on earth?
4. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
5. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
6. How does Madonna Zilia try to release Monsignor Filiberto from his oath?
7. How does Malpelo feel about his job at the coal mine?
8. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
9. How does Bianca affect her father's rule of his city?
10. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)