|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) The other devils make him stay.
(b) Onesta's father finds him.
(c) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
(d) His creditors are after him.
2. What lesson does Malpelo try to show Ranocchio about working in the mines?
(a) That he has to work the hardest.
(b) That he has to be a fighter.
(c) That he has to be fast.
(d) That he has to hide his money.
3. What do the miners find where Malpelo's father died?
(a) His pants.
(b) His bag.
(c) His shoe.
(d) A note.
4. What does Ranocchio tell Malpelo is beyond the stars?
(a) Another world.
5. What is Belfagor given before he goes to earth in the form of a man?
(a) Clear directions.
(c) Good wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
2. In what genre did Fogazzaro write first?
3. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
4. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
5. Who tells Bianca that Torrazna has died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stories does Malpelo say his father used to tell?
2. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
3. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
4. What does Maso tell Calandrino about the helitropia stone?
5. How does Maso help to set up Calandrino in "Eighth Day, Third Story"?
6. What does Malpelo's name mean?
7. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
8. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
9. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
10. What does Torranza's letter marked "urgent" say?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)