|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gianmatteo own?
(a) A fabric store.
(b) A farm.
(c) A bank.
2. What does Torranza tell Bianca about his death?
(a) He will give her a sign.
(b) He will leave her money.
(c) He will send a lawyer to see her.
(d) He will miss her.
3. Why does Onesta's family choose Belfagor to marry her?
(a) His education.
(b) His good looks.
(c) His charm.
(d) His money.
4. What does Calandrino do for a living?
5. How much older is Hermes Torranza than Bianca?
(a) 5 years.
(b) About 10 years.
(c) Over 20 years.
(d) They are the same age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bianca do when her father criticizes Torranza?
2. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
3. Why does Monsignor Filiberto go to France?
4. Where is Professor Farsatti from?
5. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maso tell Calandrino about the helitropia stone?
2. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
3. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
4. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
5. What happens in "Competition" after the narrator tells Eunice he loves her?
6. How does Professor Gori realize Cesara Reis's wedding has been postponed?
7. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
8. What does Torranza's letter marked "urgent" say?
9. Why does Belfagor run away from his wife on earth?
10. What is the problem with Professor Gori's frock-coat?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)