|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ranocchio like to visit most?
(a) The town.
(b) The ravine.
(c) The meadow.
(d) The cliffs.
2. Why does Onesta's family choose Belfagor to marry her?
(a) His good looks.
(b) His education.
(c) His charm.
(d) His money.
3. Why does Bianca return to San Dona?
(a) To find a job.
(b) To escape her husband.
(c) To write a book.
(d) To help her parents.
4. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
5. What does Torranza tell Bianca about his death?
(a) He will give her a sign.
(b) He will send a lawyer to see her.
(c) He will miss her.
(d) He will leave her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
2. What does the king of France change the award to in "Madonna Zilia"?
3. Why does Belfagor do as Onesta says in their marriage?
4. Why does Belfagor want to possess the daughter of a wealthy man?
5. What is Belfagor given before he goes to earth in the form of a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
2. What does the king of France do when no doctor can cure Monsignor Filiberto?
3. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
4. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
5. Why does Malpelo refuse to work in the room where his father died?
6. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
7. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
8. What does Malpelo's name mean?
9. What does Torranza's letter marked "urgent" say?
10. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)