|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Eighth Day, Third Story," how does Calandrino feel about his wife?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He decides to leave her.
(c) He is still angry at her.
(d) He makes up with her.
2. How long does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to not speak for?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
3. Why is Malpelo's mother ashamed of him?
(a) Because people gossip about him.
(b) Because he insults her.
(c) Because he beats people.
(d) Because he works a poor job.
4. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) His creditors are after him.
(b) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
(c) Onesta's father finds him.
(d) The other devils make him stay.
5. What do the miners find where Malpelo's father died?
(a) His pants.
(b) His shoe.
(c) His bag.
(d) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malpelo tell Ranocchio when he takes him to the place where his father died?
2. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
3. How many stories are in "The Decameron"?
4. What does Monsignor Filiberto do for a living?
5. In "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife," who has the vision of hell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
2. What does Malpelo's name mean?
3. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
4. What does Torranza's letter marked "urgent" say?
5. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
6. How do the rulers of Hell decide to test the holy man's vision in 'Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
7. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
8. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
9. What do the rulers of Hell learn about the holy man's vision in "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
10. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)