|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
(a) The market.
(b) The center of town.
(c) The church.
(d) His house.
2. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
3. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
4. Why does Belfagor want to possess the daughter of a wealthy man?
(a) So he can get revenge.
(b) Because he is bored.
(c) So Gianmatteo can control her.
(d) So he can get some of his money back.
5. Why does Belfagor try to flee town?
(a) He is no longer in love with Onesta.
(b) Onesta kicked him out.
(c) Onesta cheated on him.
(d) He has run out of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
2. How does Monsignor Filiberto feel about Madonna Zilia's requested oath of silence?
3. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
4. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
5. In "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife," who has the vision of hell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maso tell Calandrino about the helitropia stone?
2. How does Madonna Zilia feel about Monsignor Filiberto when they first meet?
3. What does Malpelo's name mean?
4. How does Bianca affect her father's rule of his city?
5. How does the king of France treat Monsignor Filiberto?
6. How does Bianca know her relationship with Torranza is over?
7. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
8. What does Calandrino believe ruined his magic?
9. How do the rulers of Hell decide to test the holy man's vision in 'Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
10. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino to wait a few days before looking for the helitropia stone?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)