|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson does Malpelo try to show Ranocchio about working in the mines?
(a) That he has to be a fighter.
(b) That he has to be fast.
(c) That he has to hide his money.
(d) That he has to work the hardest.
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco like to play pranks on Calandrino?
(a) Because he is easy to fool.
(b) Because he overreacts.
(c) Because he's hard to trick.
(d) Because he does the same to them.
3. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
(a) In trees.
(b) In a castle.
(c) At home.
4. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
5. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) Onesta's father finds him.
(b) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
(c) The other devils make him stay.
(d) His creditors are after him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bianca describe her feelings for Hermes Torranza?
2. When she visits Monsignor Filiberto, what does Madonna Zilia tell him that disappoints him?
3. What happens with the rocks Bruno and Buffalmaco throw?
4. Even though the other miners hate Malpelo, why do they keep him around?
5. Why does Belfagor do as Onesta says in their marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Marquis feel about Nunzia's methods of raising her social status?
2. What is the problem with Professor Gori's frock-coat?
3. How does Belfagor's plan for Gianmatteo fail?
4. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco convince Calandrino that he is invisible?
5. Why doesn't Pallura have candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
6. What happens when Bianca waits in her music room?
7. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
8. What do the rulers of Hell learn about the holy man's vision in "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife"?
9. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
10. In "Broken Toys," what happens after the stocky man opens the train's door?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)