|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
2. What happens with the rocks Bruno and Buffalmaco throw?
(a) They land in the water.
(b) They land on them.
(c) They hit Calandrino.
(d) They break windows.
3. What do the miners find where Malpelo's father died?
(a) His bag.
(b) His pants.
(c) A note.
(d) His shoe.
4. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
(a) He does not trust her.
(b) He falls in love with her again.
(c) He is happy to know she cares about him.
(d) He is angry when he sees her.
5. How does Gianmatteo get Belfagor to leave the king's daughter's body and return to hell?
(a) He says he lost all the money.
(b) He says he knows his boss.
(c) He says a prayer.
(d) He says his wife is coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
2. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
3. What does Calandrino ask Maso about the magic rocks?
4. Why does Belfagor want to possess the daughter of a wealthy man?
5. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," how does the engineer feel at the end of the story?
2. How does Bianca's relationship with Torranza develop?
3. How does Bianca react when she learns of Torranza's death?
4. Why do Calandrino and his wife argue when he comes home?
5. What is Cesara Reis's wedding like?
6. How does Belfagor say he will make Gianmatteo rich?
7. How does Nunzia initially feel about the Marquis?
8. What is Giacobbe's plan for his visit to Mascalico?
9. How does Malpelo treat the other miners?
10. In "The Idolaters," why are the townspeople so eager for Pallura to arrive?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)