|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
(a) They rob people.
(b) They smack people.
(c) They slaughter people.
(d) They destroy their church.
2. What award did Luigi Pirandello win in 1934?
(a) An Oscar.
(b) Nobel Prize.
(c) Pulitzer Prize.
(d) Man Booker Prize.
3. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
(a) He wants to take them out to lunch.
(b) He wants to know how to console the bride.
(c) He wants to know when the wedding with take place.
(d) He wants to know the groom's name.
4. What does Giacobbe discover about Pallura?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He is missing.
(c) He is covered in blood.
(d) He melted all the candle wax.
5. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's marriage?
(a) He plans the wedding.
(b) He performs the wedding.
(c) He pays for the wedding.
(d) He introduces her to the groom.
6. How does Mr. Migri's mother feel about the wedding being postponed?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is worried.
(c) She doesn't care.
(d) She is pleased.
7. How does Giacobbe want the people of Mascalico to feel after his visit to their church?
8. How does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" treat the engineer of Pietrarsa?
(a) He insults him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He teases him.
(d) He praises him.
9. What happens to Giacobbe at the end of "The Idolaters"?
(a) He is taken captive.
(b) He rediscovers his religion.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He is killed.
10. How is Bistino related to the Marquis?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) He used to work for him.
(c) The Marquis owes him money.
(d) They used to work together.
11. Why are people arguing on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(a) They are arguing about the service.
(b) They are arguing over the cost of tickets.
(c) They are arguing over seats.
(d) They are arguing about the noise.
12. Who thinks Cesara Reis and Mr. Migri should reconsider their engagement?
(a) Cesara Reis's father.
(b) Mr. Migri.
(c) Mr. Migri's mother.
(d) Professor Gogi.
13. What happens every time a plan is made for the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
(a) A group of people challenge it.
(b) The mayor turns it down.
(c) There is no one to do the work.
(d) The engineer says it is impossible.
14. In "The Idolaters," what are the red lights in the sky?
(a) No one knows.
(b) Another town's warning signal.
(c) The northern lights.
(d) Something from space.
15. Why is the rail line cut off on "Broken Toys"?
(a) Because it was never completed.
(b) Because it was stolen.
(c) Because no one uses it anymore.
(d) Because of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Migri leave town after the wedding is postponed?
2. How does Nunzia describe the Marquis?
3. How does Nunzia try to raise her social status?
4. Why doesn't Giacobbe go through with his plan in the Mascalico church?
5. How does the engineer of Pietrarsa respond to the narrator's bet?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)