|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Marquis treat Nunzia when he moves in?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) Like a servant.
2. In "The Idolaters," how do people know that Pallura has arrived?
(a) They hear the bells on his wagon.
(b) The town crier announces it.
(c) They hear him singing.
(d) They can see him driving his wagon in the distance.
3. What happens every time a plan is made for the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
(a) There is no one to do the work.
(b) The mayor turns it down.
(c) A group of people challenge it.
(d) The engineer says it is impossible.
4. Why are people arguing on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(a) They are arguing about the noise.
(b) They are arguing over the cost of tickets.
(c) They are arguing over seats.
(d) They are arguing about the service.
5. Why is the rail line cut off on "Broken Toys"?
(a) Because no one uses it anymore.
(b) Because of the war.
(c) Because it was stolen.
(d) Because it was never completed.
6. Why doesn't Professor Gori get his frock-coat repaired when it tears?
(a) He throws it away instead.
(b) He has to go to a wedding.
(c) He doesn't notice it at first.
(d) He doesn't want to spend the money.
7. How does Nunzia describe the Marquis?
(a) An absurd poet.
(b) An immoral slob.
(c) A wicked fool.
(d) A rich idiot.
8. How does the engineer of Pietrarsa respond to the narrator's bet?
(a) He is worried he is right.
(b) He refuses to take the bet.
(c) He thinks he is a fool.
(d) He changes the time frame to two years.
9. How does Mr. Migri propose to Cesara Reis?
(a) In front of a crowd.
(b) With a written note.
(c) With the help of Professor Gori.
(d) He asks her father.
10. What does Professor Gori do after he tells the wedding party the wedding will go as planned?
(a) He jumps up and down.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He yells at them.
(d) He rips off his sleeve.
11. In "The Idolaters," what are the red lights in the sky?
(a) Another town's warning signal.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Something from space.
(d) The northern lights.
12. What is Cesara Reis doing when Professor Gori goes into her apartment?
13. What happens to Giacobbe at the end of "The Idolaters"?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He returns home.
(c) He is taken captive.
(d) He rediscovers his religion.
14. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" describe the other people on the train?
15. How does Giacobbe want the people of Mascalico to feel after his visit to their church?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are most of the people from on the train in "Broken Toys"?
2. In "Broken Toys," how does the stocky man feel about the woman with the questions about toys?
3. Why is Bistino initially upset when the Marquis moves in?
4. What does Giacobbe discover about Pallura?
5. Why doesn't Cesara Reis work as a tutor for Mr. Migri?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)