|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are people arguing on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(a) They are arguing over the cost of tickets.
(b) They are arguing about the noise.
(c) They are arguing about the service.
(d) They are arguing over seats.
2. From what does Pietrarsa suffer while waiting for the fountain to be built?
3. What does Giacobbe suggest happened to Pallura's candles?
(a) He sold them to someone else.
(b) There never were any candles.
(c) They melted.
(d) They were stolen.
4. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
(a) He says that the devil has risen.
(b) He says it's a warning about the town's finances.
(c) He says everyone needs to go to church.
(d) He says it a sign of the judgment day.
5. Why is Cesara Reis's wedding canceled?
(a) He brother died.
(b) Her sister died.
(c) Her mother died.
(d) Her father died.
6. Why is the rail line cut off on "Broken Toys"?
(a) Because of the war.
(b) Because no one uses it anymore.
(c) Because it was stolen.
(d) Because it was never completed.
7. Who gathers around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
8. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," where is the fountain going to be built?
(a) On the east side of town.
(b) Outside the mayor's house.
(c) In the town center.
(d) By the rich people.
9. How does Mr. Migri's mother feel about the wedding being postponed?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She is worried.
(d) She doesn't care.
10. Why does Mr. Migri leave town after the wedding is postponed?
(a) For vacation.
(b) He doesn't want to get married anymore.
(c) For business.
(d) Cesara Reis tells him to go.
11. How does the woman with the toys feel about the stocky man opening the door in "Broken Toys"?
12. Where are most of the people from on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Southern Italy.
(c) Northern Italy.
13. How does Nunzia try to raise her social status?
(a) By using the Marquis' money.
(b) By robbing the Countess.
(c) By using the Marquis' title.
(d) By bribing the Countess.
14. Why doesn't Cesara Reis work as a tutor for Mr. Migri?
(a) She can't leave home for that long.
(b) She doesn't like children.
(c) She needs more money.
(d) She doesn't know enough.
15. What does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" feel is wasted in the town?
(a) Human emotions.
(b) Brain power.
(c) Natural resources.
(d) Common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the engineer of Pietrarsa respond to the narrator's bet?
2. What was the goal of literary "Futurists"?
3. In "The Idolaters," what are the red lights in the sky?
4. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
5. How is Bistino related to the Marquis?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)