|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Giacobbe get inside the church in Mascalico?
(a) He uses a side door.
(b) He uses a key.
(c) He climbs through a window.
(d) He breaks down the front door.
2. What does Giacobbe suggest happened to Pallura's candles?
(a) They were stolen.
(b) They melted.
(c) He sold them to someone else.
(d) There never were any candles.
3. What does Professor Gori do after he tells the wedding party the wedding will go as planned?
(a) He yells at them.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He rips off his sleeve.
(d) He jumps up and down.
4. How do the other townspeople react the Giacobbe's theory of what happened to Pallura's candles?
(a) They agree with him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They are understanding.
(d) They are angered by it.
5. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" describe the other people on the train?
6. How does the woman with the toys feel about the stocky man opening the door in "Broken Toys"?
7. When does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" say he moved?
(a) When he was young.
(b) Just the past year.
(c) He has never moved.
(d) After he was married.
8. How do the people of Radusa respond to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
(a) They are terrified.
(b) They think they are pretty.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They don't even notice them.
9. What is Cesara Reis doing when Professor Gori goes into her apartment?
10. How does Bistino feel about the Countess?
(a) He thinks she is a fake.
(b) He thinks she nags.
(c) He thinks she is boring.
(d) He thinks she is cruel.
11. How does Nunzia describe the Marquis?
(a) A wicked fool.
(b) An absurd poet.
(c) A rich idiot.
(d) An immoral slob.
12. According to Nunzia, how did the Marquis lose his money?
(a) His parents took it back.
(b) He did it himself.
(c) His wife spent it all.
(d) He was robbed.
13. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
(a) He says it's a warning about the town's finances.
(b) He says that the devil has risen.
(c) He says it a sign of the judgment day.
(d) He says everyone needs to go to church.
14. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
(a) He gets paid to have the fountain moved.
(b) The engineer talks the mayor into it.
(c) He knows the people won't change their minds.
(d) He lets them vote on it.
15. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
(a) Destroy the church.
(b) Steal the candles.
(c) Replace their statue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Marquis move in with the Countess?
2. In "The Idolaters," how do people know that Pallura has arrived?
3. How does Mr. Migri's mother feel about the wedding being postponed?
4. Where does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" run into an engineer of Pietrarsa?
5. What meetings are held in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" to try to resolve the problems with the fountain?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)