|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What award did Luigi Pirandello win in 1934?
(a) Nobel Prize.
(b) Pulitzer Prize.
(c) Man Booker Prize.
(d) An Oscar.
2. Who gathers around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
3. When does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" say he moved?
(a) When he was young.
(b) He has never moved.
(c) After he was married.
(d) Just the past year.
4. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
(a) He says it's a warning about the town's finances.
(b) He says that the devil has risen.
(c) He says everyone needs to go to church.
(d) He says it a sign of the judgment day.
5. What is the woman with the toys looking for on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Her seat partner.
(b) Something to eat.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
6. Why is Bistino initially upset when the Marquis moves in?
(a) Because the Marquis doesn't treat him like a servant.
(b) Because the Marquis has grown angry.
(c) Because the Marquis treats him like a servant.
(d) Because the Marquis slept late every day.
7. What do the people gathered around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house do?
(a) Charge his house.
(b) Try to get a signature.
(c) Threaten him.
(d) Cheer him on.
8. In "The Idolaters," how do people know that Pallura has arrived?
(a) The town crier announces it.
(b) They can see him driving his wagon in the distance.
(c) They hear the bells on his wagon.
(d) They hear him singing.
9. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," where is the fountain going to be built?
(a) By the rich people.
(b) In the town center.
(c) Outside the mayor's house.
(d) On the east side of town.
10. Why is Cesara Reis's wedding canceled?
(a) Her sister died.
(b) He brother died.
(c) Her father died.
(d) Her mother died.
11. Why doesn't Professor Gori get his frock-coat repaired when it tears?
(a) He throws it away instead.
(b) He doesn't notice it at first.
(c) He has to go to a wedding.
(d) He doesn't want to spend the money.
12. In "Broken Toys," where are the people traveling from?
13. How does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" treat the engineer of Pietrarsa?
(a) He praises him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He insults him.
(d) He teases him.
14. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
(a) He lets them vote on it.
(b) He knows the people won't change their minds.
(c) The engineer talks the mayor into it.
(d) He gets paid to have the fountain moved.
15. Who offers to repair the tear in Professor Gori's frock-coat?
(a) His daughter.
(b) The clerk.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His housemaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bistino feel about the Countess?
2. What does Giacobbe discover about Pallura?
3. How does Giacobbe get inside the church in Mascalico?
4. Why doesn't Giacobbe go through with his plan in the Mascalico church?
5. How does Mr. Migri's mother feel about the wedding being postponed?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)