|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the wedding party respond when Professor Gori says Cesara Reis's wedding will go as planned?
(a) They don't believe him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They are outraged.
(d) They clap and cheer.
2. Why do some people in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" want the fountain moved?
(a) They want the chance to vote on it.
(b) They think it is ugly and want it far away.
(c) They want it in a more central location.
(d) They think it will block traffic.
3. What does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" bet the engineer?
(a) That in a year the fountain won't be designed.
(b) That in a year the fountain won't be installed.
(c) That in a year the engineer will lose his job.
(d) That in a year the fountain will be ripped out.
4. What happens to Giacobbe at the end of "The Idolaters"?
(a) He rediscovers his religion.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He is taken captive.
5. When does the stock man open the train door in "Broken Toys"?
(a) When they cross a bridge.
(b) When they come to a stop.
(c) When they depart.
(d) When they go in a tunnel.
6. Why doesn't Cesara Reis work as a tutor for Mr. Migri?
(a) She doesn't know enough.
(b) She doesn't like children.
(c) She needs more money.
(d) She can't leave home for that long.
7. How does Bistino feel about the Countess?
(a) He thinks she is cruel.
(b) He thinks she is a fake.
(c) He thinks she is boring.
(d) He thinks she nags.
8. When does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" say he moved?
(a) He has never moved.
(b) After he was married.
(c) Just the past year.
(d) When he was young.
9. Who thinks Cesara Reis and Mr. Migri should reconsider their engagement?
(a) Professor Gogi.
(b) Mr. Migri.
(c) Cesara Reis's father.
(d) Mr. Migri's mother.
10. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
(a) He wants to take them out to lunch.
(b) He wants to know when the wedding with take place.
(c) He wants to know how to console the bride.
(d) He wants to know the groom's name.
11. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
(a) They destroy their church.
(b) They rob people.
(c) They smack people.
(d) They slaughter people.
12. What is the woman with the toys looking for on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Something to eat.
(d) Her seat partner.
13. What does the woman with the toys ask the stock man in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Questions about his personal life.
(b) Questions about geography.
(c) Questions about children.
(d) Questions about school.
14. How does Nunzia try to raise her social status?
(a) By robbing the Countess.
(b) By bribing the Countess.
(c) By using the Marquis' title.
(d) By using the Marquis' money.
15. Where are most of the people from on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Northern Italy.
(d) Southern Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" avoid the narrator?
2. In "The Idolaters," what are the red lights in the sky?
3. Why does the Marquis move in with the Countess?
4. Why does Professor Gori think he missed Cesara Reis's wedding?
5. How does the Marquis treat Nunzia when he moves in?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)