|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giacobbe suggest happened to Pallura's candles?
(a) They melted.
(b) He sold them to someone else.
(c) There never were any candles.
(d) They were stolen.
2. Why doesn't Professor Gori get his frock-coat repaired when it tears?
(a) He has to go to a wedding.
(b) He doesn't notice it at first.
(c) He throws it away instead.
(d) He doesn't want to spend the money.
3. In "Broken Toys," how does the stocky man feel about the woman with the questions about toys?
(a) He thinks she is ignorant.
(b) He thinks she is nosy.
(c) He thinks she is boring.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful.
4. What does the woman with the toys ask the stock man in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Questions about geography.
(b) Questions about his personal life.
(c) Questions about children.
(d) Questions about school.
5. What do the townspeople take with them when they go to Mascalico with Pallura?
(a) The priest.
(b) Their old candles.
(c) Large sticks.
(d) The San Pantaleone statue.
6. Why do some people in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" want the fountain moved?
(a) They think it is ugly and want it far away.
(b) They want the chance to vote on it.
(c) They want it in a more central location.
(d) They think it will block traffic.
7. How does the engineer of Pietrarsa respond to the narrator's bet?
(a) He is worried he is right.
(b) He changes the time frame to two years.
(c) He thinks he is a fool.
(d) He refuses to take the bet.
8. How does Bistino remember the Marquis treating him in the past?
9. How does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" treat the engineer of Pietrarsa?
(a) He praises him.
(b) He teases him.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He insults him.
10. When is a new express train line built in "Broken Toys"?
(a) When Germany lends Italy money.
(b) In 1960.
(c) Once the old line is sold.
(d) After Italy is liberated.
11. How does the wedding party respond when Professor Gori says Cesara Reis's wedding will go as planned?
(a) They don't believe him.
(b) They clap and cheer.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They are outraged.
12. Where are most of the people from on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Northern Italy.
(c) Southern Italy.
13. Who offers to repair the tear in Professor Gori's frock-coat?
(a) His housemaid.
(b) The clerk.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His neighbor.
14. How does Professor Gori feel about trying on frock-coats?
(a) It upsets him.
(b) He thinks nothing of it.
(c) It frustrates him.
(d) It pleases him.
15. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
(a) He knows the people won't change their minds.
(b) He gets paid to have the fountain moved.
(c) The engineer talks the mayor into it.
(d) He lets them vote on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Pietrarsa suffer while waiting for the fountain to be built?
2. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
3. What was the goal of literary "Futurists"?
4. Where does the Marquis live?
5. In "The Idolaters," how do people know that Pallura has arrived?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)