|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" describe the other people on the train?
2. What happens every time a plan is made for the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
(a) There is no one to do the work.
(b) A group of people challenge it.
(c) The engineer says it is impossible.
(d) The mayor turns it down.
3. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
(a) Replace their statue.
(b) Steal the candles.
(d) Destroy the church.
4. How does Professor Gori feel about trying on frock-coats?
(a) It upsets him.
(b) It frustrates him.
(c) It pleases him.
(d) He thinks nothing of it.
5. How does Mr. Migri's mother feel about the wedding being postponed?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is pleased.
(c) She is worried.
(d) She doesn't care.
6. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
(a) He wants to take them out to lunch.
(b) He wants to know how to console the bride.
(c) He wants to know the groom's name.
(d) He wants to know when the wedding with take place.
7. How does Nunzia describe the Countess?
(a) As a nagging woman.
(b) As a boring woman.
(c) As a hateful woman.
(d) As a wonderful woman.
8. Why does Mr. Migri leave town after the wedding is postponed?
(a) For vacation.
(b) Cesara Reis tells him to go.
(c) He doesn't want to get married anymore.
(d) For business.
9. When the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" meets the engineer, what work has been done to the fountain?
(a) It has been installed.
(b) It is in the process of being designed.
(c) It hasn't been started yet.
(d) It has only been planned.
10. How does Nunzia describe the Marquis?
(a) A wicked fool.
(b) An absurd poet.
(c) A rich idiot.
(d) An immoral slob.
11. When does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" say he moved?
(a) When he was young.
(b) After he was married.
(c) Just the past year.
(d) He has never moved.
12. What does Professor Gori do after he tells the wedding party the wedding will go as planned?
(a) He rips off his sleeve.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He jumps up and down.
(d) He yells at them.
13. What does Giacobbe suggest happened to Pallura's candles?
(a) They melted.
(b) They were stolen.
(c) There never were any candles.
(d) He sold them to someone else.
14. Why is Cesara Reis's wedding canceled?
(a) Her father died.
(b) He brother died.
(c) Her mother died.
(d) Her sister died.
15. Why is Bistino initially upset when the Marquis moves in?
(a) Because the Marquis has grown angry.
(b) Because the Marquis slept late every day.
(c) Because the Marquis doesn't treat him like a servant.
(d) Because the Marquis treats him like a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to repair the tear in Professor Gori's frock-coat?
2. How does Nunzia try to raise her social status?
3. How does Giacobbe want the people of Mascalico to feel after his visit to their church?
4. Why do the townspeople of Radusa consult Giacobbe about the red lights?
5. How does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" treat the engineer of Pietrarsa?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)