|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bistino feel about the Countess?
(a) He thinks she is a fake.
(b) He thinks she nags.
(c) He thinks she is cruel.
(d) He thinks she is boring.
2. Why is the rail line cut off on "Broken Toys"?
(a) Because no one uses it anymore.
(b) Because of the war.
(c) Because it was never completed.
(d) Because it was stolen.
3. How does Giacobbe get inside the church in Mascalico?
(a) He uses a key.
(b) He climbs through a window.
(c) He uses a side door.
(d) He breaks down the front door.
4. When does the fabric on Professor Gori's frock-coat tear?
(a) As soon as the clerk leaves his house.
(b) A week after he purchases it.
(c) The day before he returns to work.
(d) Before he purchases it.
5. How do the people of Radusa respond to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
(a) They are terrified.
(b) They think they are pretty.
(c) They don't even notice them.
(d) They are confused.
6. How does Professor Gori feel about trying on frock-coats?
(a) He thinks nothing of it.
(b) It frustrates him.
(c) It upsets him.
(d) It pleases him.
7. What does the woman with the toys ask the stock man in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Questions about school.
(b) Questions about children.
(c) Questions about geography.
(d) Questions about his personal life.
8. How is Bistino related to the Marquis?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) He used to work for him.
(c) The Marquis owes him money.
(d) They used to work together.
9. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
(a) They destroy their church.
(b) They smack people.
(c) They slaughter people.
(d) They rob people.
10. Why does the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" avoid the narrator?
(a) Because he kissed his wife.
(b) Because he hates him.
(c) Because he is embarrassed.
(d) Because he owes him money.
11. When does the stock man open the train door in "Broken Toys"?
(a) When they come to a stop.
(b) When they depart.
(c) When they go in a tunnel.
(d) When they cross a bridge.
12. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
(a) He lets them vote on it.
(b) He knows the people won't change their minds.
(c) He gets paid to have the fountain moved.
(d) The engineer talks the mayor into it.
13. How does the wedding party respond when Professor Gori says Cesara Reis's wedding will go as planned?
(a) They are outraged.
(b) They don't believe him.
(c) They clap and cheer.
(d) They ignore him.
14. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" describe the other people on the train?
15. What meetings are held in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" to try to resolve the problems with the fountain?
(a) Official mayor meetings.
(b) Town hall meetings.
(c) Council meetings.
(d) Court meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," where is the fountain going to be built?
2. What does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" feel is wasted in the town?
3. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
4. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's marriage?
5. How does the Marquis treat Nunzia when he moves in?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)