|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Marquis live?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In a mansion.
(c) In a country manor.
(d) In a hotel.
2. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's marriage?
(a) He plans the wedding.
(b) He performs the wedding.
(c) He introduces her to the groom.
(d) He pays for the wedding.
3. What does the priest in "The Idolaters" do with the statuesof San Pantaleone?
(a) Tries to hide it.
(b) Tries to use it to ward off evil.
(c) Tries to use it to scare people away.
(d) Tries to pray to it.
4. What happens every time a plan is made for the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
(a) A group of people challenge it.
(b) There is no one to do the work.
(c) The mayor turns it down.
(d) The engineer says it is impossible.
5. How does Mr. Migri's mother feel about the wedding being postponed?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She is worried.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is upset.
6. What was the goal of literary "Futurists"?
(a) To start over new.
(b) To discuss the past.
(c) To write about the future.
(d) To create a new type of literature.
7. What meetings are held in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" to try to resolve the problems with the fountain?
(a) Official mayor meetings.
(b) Town hall meetings.
(c) Council meetings.
(d) Court meetings.
8. What is Cesara Reis doing when Professor Gori goes into her apartment?
9. Why does the Marquis move in with the Countess?
(a) Because Nunzia asks him to.
(b) Because he begs her to let him.
(c) Because he begins eating there daily.
(d) Because he is kicked out of his house.
10. According to Nunzia, how did the Marquis lose his money?
(a) His wife spent it all.
(b) He was robbed.
(c) He did it himself.
(d) His parents took it back.
11. What does Professor Gori do after he tells the wedding party the wedding will go as planned?
(a) He yells at them.
(b) He jumps up and down.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He rips off his sleeve.
12. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
(a) He wants to take them out to lunch.
(b) He wants to know the groom's name.
(c) He wants to know how to console the bride.
(d) He wants to know when the wedding with take place.
13. In "Broken Toys," where are the people traveling from?
14. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
(a) He lets them vote on it.
(b) He gets paid to have the fountain moved.
(c) He knows the people won't change their minds.
(d) The engineer talks the mayor into it.
15. Why does Pallura bring candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
(a) Candles could help stop the red lights.
(b) He developed a new type of wax.
(c) He is a wax dealer.
(d) The church is out of candles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the mayor of Pietrarsa first react to the people who resist the fountain?
2. Who thinks Cesara Reis and Mr. Migri should reconsider their engagement?
3. How does Nunzia describe the Countess?
4. How does Professor Gori feel about trying on frock-coats?
5. From what does Pietrarsa suffer while waiting for the fountain to be built?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)