|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's marriage?
(a) He plans the wedding.
(b) He introduces her to the groom.
(c) He performs the wedding.
(d) He pays for the wedding.
2. How does Nunzia describe the Countess?
(a) As a hateful woman.
(b) As a nagging woman.
(c) As a wonderful woman.
(d) As a boring woman.
3. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what is wrong with the town's democratic system?
(a) It doesn't have term limits.
(b) There aren't enough people that vote.
(c) There isn't a leader.
(d) It stalls any progress trying to be made.
4. Where does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" run into an engineer of Pietrarsa?
(a) Near Pietrarsa.
(b) Pietrarsa's town center.
(c) Outside of Paris.
(d) In Florence.
5. How do the people of Radusa respond to the red lights in the sky in "The Idolaters"?
(a) They don't even notice them.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are terrified.
(d) They think they are pretty.
6. Why doesn't Cesara Reis work as a tutor for Mr. Migri?
(a) She needs more money.
(b) She doesn't know enough.
(c) She can't leave home for that long.
(d) She doesn't like children.
7. How do the other townspeople react the Giacobbe's theory of what happened to Pallura's candles?
(a) They agree with him.
(b) They are understanding.
(c) They are angered by it.
(d) They ignore him.
8. How does Bistino feel about the Countess?
(a) He thinks she is boring.
(b) He thinks she nags.
(c) He thinks she is cruel.
(d) He thinks she is a fake.
9. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
(a) He lets them vote on it.
(b) He knows the people won't change their minds.
(c) He gets paid to have the fountain moved.
(d) The engineer talks the mayor into it.
10. What does Professor Gori do after he tells the wedding party the wedding will go as planned?
(a) He yells at them.
(b) He rips off his sleeve.
(c) He jumps up and down.
(d) He runs away.
11. In "Broken Toys," where are the people traveling from?
12. What does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" feel is wasted in the town?
(a) Common sense.
(b) Human emotions.
(c) Natural resources.
(d) Brain power.
13. Why doesn't Professor Gori get his frock-coat repaired when it tears?
(a) He throws it away instead.
(b) He doesn't want to spend the money.
(c) He doesn't notice it at first.
(d) He has to go to a wedding.
14. Why does Professor Gori think he missed Cesara Reis's wedding?
(a) All the people are standing outside.
(b) He doesn't know what time it starts.
(c) He saw her getting into a car.
(d) He was late trying to fix his coat.
15. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
(b) Destroy the church.
(c) Replace their statue.
(d) Steal the candles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Giacobbe go through with his plan in the Mascalico church?
2. Why does the engineer in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" avoid the narrator?
3. Why does the Marquis move in with the Countess?
4. Why is Bistino initially upset when the Marquis moves in?
5. How does Professor Gori feel about trying on frock-coats?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)