|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest in "The Idolaters" do with the statuesof San Pantaleone?
(a) Tries to use it to scare people away.
(b) Tries to hide it.
(c) Tries to use it to ward off evil.
(d) Tries to pray to it.
2. Why is Cesara Reis's wedding canceled?
(a) Her father died.
(b) Her sister died.
(c) He brother died.
(d) Her mother died.
3. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's marriage?
(a) He performs the wedding.
(b) He pays for the wedding.
(c) He introduces her to the groom.
(d) He plans the wedding.
4. What award did Luigi Pirandello win in 1934?
(a) Pulitzer Prize.
(b) Man Booker Prize.
(c) An Oscar.
(d) Nobel Prize.
5. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
(a) They rob people.
(b) They destroy their church.
(c) They smack people.
(d) They slaughter people.
6. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
(a) Destroy the church.
(b) Replace their statue.
(d) Steal the candles.
7. What does the woman with the toys ask the stock man in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Questions about his personal life.
(b) Questions about geography.
(c) Questions about school.
(d) Questions about children.
8. How does Professor Gori feel about trying on frock-coats?
(a) It frustrates him.
(b) He thinks nothing of it.
(c) It upsets him.
(d) It pleases him.
9. How do the other townspeople react the Giacobbe's theory of what happened to Pallura's candles?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They agree with him.
(c) They are angered by it.
(d) They are understanding.
10. What happens to Giacobbe at the end of "The Idolaters"?
(a) He is taken captive.
(b) He returns home.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He rediscovers his religion.
11. In "Broken Toys," how does the stocky man feel about the woman with the questions about toys?
(a) He thinks she is beautiful.
(b) He thinks she is boring.
(c) He thinks she is ignorant.
(d) He thinks she is nosy.
12. What meetings are held in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" to try to resolve the problems with the fountain?
(a) Council meetings.
(b) Town hall meetings.
(c) Official mayor meetings.
(d) Court meetings.
13. Why does Mr. Migri leave town after the wedding is postponed?
(a) Cesara Reis tells him to go.
(b) He doesn't want to get married anymore.
(c) For vacation.
(d) For business.
14. From what does Pietrarsa suffer while waiting for the fountain to be built?
15. How does Giacobbe want the people of Mascalico to feel after his visit to their church?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Idolaters," what are the red lights in the sky?
2. How does the engineer of Pietrarsa respond to the narrator's bet?
3. Why are people arguing on the train in "Broken Toys"?
4. Why do the townspeople of Radusa consult Giacobbe about the red lights?
5. According to Nunzia, how did the Marquis lose his money?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)