|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Migri propose to Cesara Reis?
(a) In front of a crowd.
(b) With a written note.
(c) With the help of Professor Gori.
(d) He asks her father.
2. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," where is the fountain going to be built?
(a) On the east side of town.
(b) Outside the mayor's house.
(c) By the rich people.
(d) In the town center.
3. How does the mayor of Pietrarsa first react to the people who resist the fountain?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He tries to convince them he is right.
(c) He immediately gives in to them.
(d) He has them arrested.
4. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" describe the other people on the train?
5. In "Broken Toys," how does the stocky man feel about the woman with the questions about toys?
(a) He thinks she is boring.
(b) He thinks she is beautiful.
(c) He thinks she is ignorant.
(d) He thinks she is nosy.
6. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's marriage?
(a) He performs the wedding.
(b) He plans the wedding.
(c) He pays for the wedding.
(d) He introduces her to the groom.
7. How does Bistino feel about the Countess?
(a) He thinks she is a fake.
(b) He thinks she nags.
(c) He thinks she is boring.
(d) He thinks she is cruel.
8. How does Nunzia describe the Marquis?
(a) A wicked fool.
(b) An absurd poet.
(c) An immoral slob.
(d) A rich idiot.
9. Who thinks Cesara Reis and Mr. Migri should reconsider their engagement?
(a) Mr. Migri.
(b) Mr. Migri's mother.
(c) Professor Gogi.
(d) Cesara Reis's father.
10. What do the people gathered around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house do?
(a) Threaten him.
(b) Cheer him on.
(c) Charge his house.
(d) Try to get a signature.
11. According to Nunzia, how did the Marquis lose his money?
(a) His parents took it back.
(b) His wife spent it all.
(c) He did it himself.
(d) He was robbed.
12. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what happens while the fountain's construction is halted?
(a) They lose funding from the government.
(b) The construction workers lose their jobs.
(c) They lose water from the river.
(d) The people begin to think the city is ugly.
13. What happens to Giacobbe at the end of "The Idolaters"?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is taken captive.
(c) He rediscovers his religion.
(d) He returns home.
14. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
(a) He wants to know how to console the bride.
(b) He wants to take them out to lunch.
(c) He wants to know the groom's name.
(d) He wants to know when the wedding with take place.
15. Why does Professor Gori decide to "stand up for" Cesara Reis after her wedding is postponed?
(a) He wants her to be able to mourn in peace.
(b) He still wants her to have her wedding.
(c) He wants to protect her reputation.
(d) He doesn't want anyone to tease her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are most of the people from on the train in "Broken Toys"?
2. Why is the rail line cut off on "Broken Toys"?
3. Where does the Marquis live?
4. How does the woman with the toys feel about the stocky man opening the door in "Broken Toys"?
5. From what does Pietrarsa suffer while waiting for the fountain to be built?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)