|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Migri propose to Cesara Reis?
(a) With a written note.
(b) With the help of Professor Gori.
(c) In front of a crowd.
(d) He asks her father.
2. What does the woman with the toys ask the stock man in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Questions about school.
(b) Questions about children.
(c) Questions about geography.
(d) Questions about his personal life.
3. When does the stock man open the train door in "Broken Toys"?
(a) When they go in a tunnel.
(b) When they depart.
(c) When they come to a stop.
(d) When they cross a bridge.
4. What role does Professor Gori play in Cesara Reis's marriage?
(a) He introduces her to the groom.
(b) He performs the wedding.
(c) He plans the wedding.
(d) He pays for the wedding.
5. Who offers to repair the tear in Professor Gori's frock-coat?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His housemaid.
(c) His daughter.
(d) The clerk.
6. How do the other townspeople react the Giacobbe's theory of what happened to Pallura's candles?
(a) They agree with him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They are understanding.
(d) They are angered by it.
7. According to Nunzia, how did the Marquis lose his money?
(a) His parents took it back.
(b) His wife spent it all.
(c) He was robbed.
(d) He did it himself.
8. What does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" feel is wasted in the town?
(a) Brain power.
(b) Human emotions.
(c) Common sense.
(d) Natural resources.
9. What do the people gathered around the mayor of Pietrarsa's house do?
(a) Threaten him.
(b) Cheer him on.
(c) Charge his house.
(d) Try to get a signature.
10. What was the goal of literary "Futurists"?
(a) To start over new.
(b) To create a new type of literature.
(c) To write about the future.
(d) To discuss the past.
11. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
(a) Steal the candles.
(b) Destroy the church.
(d) Replace their statue.
12. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," where is the fountain going to be built?
(a) In the town center.
(b) On the east side of town.
(c) By the rich people.
(d) Outside the mayor's house.
13. What is the woman with the toys looking for on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Something to eat.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her seat partner.
14. When does the fabric on Professor Gori's frock-coat tear?
(a) The day before he returns to work.
(b) As soon as the clerk leaves his house.
(c) Before he purchases it.
(d) A week after he purchases it.
15. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what is wrong with the town's democratic system?
(a) There aren't enough people that vote.
(b) It stalls any progress trying to be made.
(c) It doesn't have term limits.
(d) There isn't a leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Giacobbe go through with his plan in the Mascalico church?
2. Where are most of the people from on the train in "Broken Toys"?
3. Why is Cesara Reis's wedding canceled?
4. How does the mayor of Pietrarsa first react to the people who resist the fountain?
5. Why does Pallura bring candle wax with him in "The Idolaters"?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)