|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman with the toys ask the stock man in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Questions about school.
(b) Questions about his personal life.
(c) Questions about geography.
(d) Questions about children.
2. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what is wrong with the town's democratic system?
(a) It stalls any progress trying to be made.
(b) There isn't a leader.
(c) It doesn't have term limits.
(d) There aren't enough people that vote.
3. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
(b) Destroy the church.
(c) Steal the candles.
(d) Replace their statue.
4. What was the goal of literary "Futurists"?
(a) To create a new type of literature.
(b) To write about the future.
(c) To start over new.
(d) To discuss the past.
5. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," where is the fountain going to be built?
(a) In the town center.
(b) Outside the mayor's house.
(c) By the rich people.
(d) On the east side of town.
6. What is the woman with the toys looking for on the train in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Something to eat.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her seat partner.
(d) Her husband.
7. What does Professor Gori do after he tells the wedding party the wedding will go as planned?
(a) He rips off his sleeve.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He jumps up and down.
(d) He yells at them.
8. Why does Professor Gori find the groom's brother when he hears the wedding has been canceled?
(a) He wants to know how to console the bride.
(b) He wants to take them out to lunch.
(c) He wants to know when the wedding with take place.
(d) He wants to know the groom's name.
9. In "The Idolaters," how do people know that Pallura has arrived?
(a) They hear him singing.
(b) They hear the bells on his wagon.
(c) They can see him driving his wagon in the distance.
(d) The town crier announces it.
10. Why do the townspeople of Radusa consult Giacobbe about the red lights?
(a) They know he is a scientist.
(b) The mayor suggests him for the job.
(c) He offers his help for free.
(d) They think he used to be a holy man.
11. How does Nunzia describe the Marquis?
(a) An immoral slob.
(b) A rich idiot.
(c) An absurd poet.
(d) A wicked fool.
12. What do the townspeople take with them when they go to Mascalico with Pallura?
(a) Their old candles.
(b) The San Pantaleone statue.
(c) Large sticks.
(d) The priest.
13. What does the priest in "The Idolaters" do with the statuesof San Pantaleone?
(a) Tries to hide it.
(b) Tries to use it to scare people away.
(c) Tries to pray to it.
(d) Tries to use it to ward off evil.
14. According to Nunzia, how did the Marquis lose his money?
(a) He was robbed.
(b) His parents took it back.
(c) His wife spent it all.
(d) He did it himself.
15. How is Bistino related to the Marquis?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) He used to work for him.
(c) They used to work together.
(d) The Marquis owes him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bistino feel about the Countess?
2. Why is the rail line cut off on "Broken Toys"?
3. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
4. Why do the townspeople rush to greet Pallura?
5. Where does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" run into an engineer of Pietrarsa?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)