|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Professor Gori decide to "stand up for" Cesara Reis after her wedding is postponed?
(a) He wants her to be able to mourn in peace.
(b) He doesn't want anyone to tease her.
(c) He still wants her to have her wedding.
(d) He wants to protect her reputation.
2. What do the townspeople take with them when they go to Mascalico with Pallura?
(a) The San Pantaleone statue.
(b) Their old candles.
(c) Large sticks.
(d) The priest.
3. Why does Mr. Migri leave town after the wedding is postponed?
(a) He doesn't want to get married anymore.
(b) For vacation.
(c) For business.
(d) Cesara Reis tells him to go.
4. How does the mayor of Pietrarsa first react to the people who resist the fountain?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He tries to convince them he is right.
(c) He immediately gives in to them.
(d) He has them arrested.
5. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what is wrong with the town's democratic system?
(a) There isn't a leader.
(b) It doesn't have term limits.
(c) It stalls any progress trying to be made.
(d) There aren't enough people that vote.
6. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what happens while the fountain's construction is halted?
(a) They lose water from the river.
(b) The construction workers lose their jobs.
(c) The people begin to think the city is ugly.
(d) They lose funding from the government.
7. In "Broken Toys," where are the people traveling from?
8. Why does Professor Gori think he missed Cesara Reis's wedding?
(a) He was late trying to fix his coat.
(b) He saw her getting into a car.
(c) He doesn't know what time it starts.
(d) All the people are standing outside.
9. How does Mr. Migri propose to Cesara Reis?
(a) With the help of Professor Gori.
(b) He asks her father.
(c) In front of a crowd.
(d) With a written note.
10. How does Bistino remember the Marquis treating him in the past?
11. How does the Marquis treat Nunzia when he moves in?
(b) He ignores her.
(c) Like a servant.
12. How does Giacobbe get inside the church in Mascalico?
(a) He uses a side door.
(b) He breaks down the front door.
(c) He climbs through a window.
(d) He uses a key.
13. Why is the rail line cut off on "Broken Toys"?
(a) Because of the war.
(b) Because it was never completed.
(c) Because no one uses it anymore.
(d) Because it was stolen.
14. Why doesn't Giacobbe go through with his plan in the Mascalico church?
(a) His group abandons him.
(b) He hears the voice of God.
(c) An elderly Mascalico woman talks to him.
(d) Mascalico residents stop him.
15. What does the woman with the toys ask the stock man in "Broken Toys"?
(a) Questions about children.
(b) Questions about geography.
(c) Questions about his personal life.
(d) Questions about school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the goal of literary "Futurists"?
2. How do the other townspeople react the Giacobbe's theory of what happened to Pallura's candles?
3. Why doesn't Cesara Reis work as a tutor for Mr. Migri?
4. When is a new express train line built in "Broken Toys"?
5. What does Giacobbe suggest happened to Pallura's candles?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)