|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gianmatteo own?
(b) A fabric store.
(c) A farm.
(d) A bank.
2. What does Bianca do when her father criticizes Torranza?
(a) Asks to go to town.
(b) Stays silent.
(c) Goes to her room.
(d) Fights back.
3. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
(a) They are trying to see who can throw the highest.
(b) They want to see who they hit.
(c) They are pretending to be angry.
(d) They are bored.
4. Even though the other miners hate Malpelo, why do they keep him around?
(a) Out of respect for his father.
(b) His mother begged them.
(c) Because he is a hard worker.
(d) They signed a contract with him.
5. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
(a) The center of town.
(b) The market.
(c) His house.
(d) The church.
6. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
(a) Smacked him.
(b) Cancelled his magic.
(c) Told Bruno and Buffalmaco what happened.
(d) Lied to him.
7. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
(a) At home.
(c) In trees.
(d) In a castle.
8. How does Professor Farsatti feel about Mount San Dona?
(a) He has never been there.
(b) He dislikes it.
(c) He has no opinion about it.
(d) He enjoys it.
9. How many stories are in "The Decameron"?
(a) One hundred.
10. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
(a) Because Gianmatteo needs a wife.
(b) Because he will do Gianmatteo harm.
(c) Because he is going back to Hell.
(d) Because Gianmatteo annoys him.
11. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
(a) He gets paid more money to do them.
(b) He always stands up to a challenge.
(c) He feels he doesn't have a family.
(d) He doesn't want to lose his job.
12. Why does Belfagor try to flee town?
(a) Onesta cheated on him.
(b) He is no longer in love with Onesta.
(c) He has run out of money.
(d) Onesta kicked him out.
13. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco react when they find out Calandrino beat his wife?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They tell him to stop.
(c) They beat Calandrino.
(d) They leave his house.
14. What does Calandrino ask Maso about the magic rocks?
(a) Where he can find them.
(b) Who owns the most magic rocks.
(c) What type of magic they do.
(d) What they look like.
15. Why do the Carrettas criticize Torranza?
(a) For his many wives.
(b) For his belief in the afterlife.
(c) For his writing skills.
(d) For his feeble mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of poetry does Professor Farsatti say Mount San Dona reminds him of?
2. What does the king of France change the award to in "Madonna Zilia"?
3. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
4. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
5. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)