|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
(a) In trees.
(c) At home.
(d) In a castle.
2. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
(a) He gets paid more money to do them.
(b) He doesn't want to lose his job.
(c) He feels he doesn't have a family.
(d) He always stands up to a challenge.
3. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) They will be forced to try again.
(b) They will be charged.
(c) They will be exiled.
(d) They will be beheaded.
4. How does Professor Farsatti feel about Mount San Dona?
(a) He dislikes it.
(b) He has never been there.
(c) He has no opinion about it.
(d) He enjoys it.
5. At the end of "Eighth Day, Third Story," how does Calandrino feel about his wife?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He is still angry at her.
(c) He decides to leave her.
(d) He makes up with her.
6. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
7. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
(a) He wants his money back.
(b) He is worried about his daughter.
(c) He wants to know who Belfagor is.
(d) He wants him to marry is daughter.
8. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
(a) He says it won't work.
(b) He says Gianmatteo is stupid.
(c) He says he will sabotage the whole plan.
(d) He says it will intimidate Gianmatteo.
9. What does Gianmatteo own?
(a) A farm.
(c) A fabric store.
(d) A bank.
10. How does Malpelo feel when he visits Ranocchio and sees his mother crying?
(a) It scares him.
(b) He wants to talk about it.
(c) He doesn't understand it.
(d) It makes him cry, also.
11. What does Torranza tell Bianca about her marriage in his urgent letter?
(a) She should leave her husband.
(b) She should ignore her husband politely.
(c) She should reconcile with her husband.
(d) She should get her husband help.
12. Why does Belfagor try to flee town?
(a) He has run out of money.
(b) He is no longer in love with Onesta.
(c) Onesta cheated on him.
(d) Onesta kicked him out.
13. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
(a) Behind a rock.
(b) In a pile of manure.
(c) Under his house.
(d) Inside a trash can.
14. What does Malpelo tell Ranocchio when he takes him to the place where his father died?
(a) He tells Ranocchio nothing.
(b) He tells Ranocchio to always be careful.
(c) He tells Ranocchio to find a new job.
(d) He tells Ranocchio his father's stories.
15. How does Malpelo treat Ranocchio when he starts working at the mine?
(a) He beats him.
(b) He jokes with him.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He teaches him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest Calandrino look for the helitropia stone?
2. What do the miners find where Malpelo's father died?
3. Why does Belfagor do as Onesta says in their marriage?
4. In "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife," who has the vision of hell?
5. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)