|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) Greet him with a kiss.
(b) Dance at court.
(c) Bow before saying goodbye.
(d) Wave her hat on the street.
2. How does Malpelo treat Ranocchio when he starts working at the mine?
(a) He beats him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He jokes with him.
(d) He teaches him.
3. How does Monsignor Filiberto feel about Madonna Zilia's requested oath of silence?
(a) He thinks it's too long.
(b) He thinks it's fair.
(c) He thinks it's a bluff.
(d) He thinks it's childish.
4. Why does Belfagor want to possess the daughter of a wealthy man?
(a) So Gianmatteo can control her.
(b) So he can get some of his money back.
(c) So he can get revenge.
(d) Because he is bored.
5. What does Bianca dislike about her husband, Emilio Squarcina?
(a) His parents.
(b) His hometown.
(c) His attitude.
(d) His garden.
6. Why does Bianca stay silent after learning of Torranza's death?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She wants to hear what they think first.
(c) She doesn't have anything to say.
(d) She doesn't want anyone to know how she feels about him.
7. How long does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to not speak for?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
8. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco like to play pranks on Calandrino?
(a) Because he is easy to fool.
(b) Because he overreacts.
(c) Because he does the same to them.
(d) Because he's hard to trick.
9. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
10. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
(a) Because she thinks he won't do it.
(b) Because she knows he will do it.
(c) Because she wants to control him.
(d) Because she is bored.
11. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
12. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
(a) He has him kidnapped.
(b) He shows up at his house.
(c) He uses the law.
(d) He doubles his taxes until he shows up.
13. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
(a) A priest.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A street vendor.
14. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
(a) A wife.
(d) A chance to go to heaven.
15. Why does Calandrino's wife yell at him when he comes home?
(a) Because he is late.
(b) Because he skipped work.
(c) Because he has rocks with him.
(d) Because she is hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest looking for a helitropia stone on holiday?
2. Why does Belfagor need to possess a wealthy daughter for a second time?
3. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
4. What does Hermes Torranza write in letters to Bianca?
5. What does Calandrino ask Maso about the magic rocks?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)