|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calandrino do for a living?
2. Why does the king of France change the award for helping Monsignor Filiberto speak?
(a) He wants to get Madonna Zilia to come to France.
(b) He wants Filiberto to agree to the help.
(c) He isn't getting enough doctors.
(d) He thinks doctors are just trying to get money.
3. Why does the visit from Dalla Carretta disappoint Bianca?
(a) She wanted to go out to town.
(b) She was trying to sleep.
(c) She thought it was Torranza.
(d) She wanted to be alone.
4. How does Malpelo treat Ranocchio when he starts working at the mine?
(a) He beats him.
(b) He jokes with him.
(c) He teaches him.
(d) He ignores him.
5. Why does Bianca stay silent after learning of Torranza's death?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She wants to hear what they think first.
(c) She doesn't want anyone to know how she feels about him.
(d) She doesn't have anything to say.
6. Why does Calandrino want a helitropia stone?
(a) To win a fight.
(b) To build his house.
(c) To steal money.
(d) To find a wife.
7. Where is Professor Farsatti from?
(d) Mount San Dona.
8. How does Professor Farsatti feel about Mount San Dona?
(a) He has no opinion about it.
(b) He dislikes it.
(c) He has never been there.
(d) He enjoys it.
9. How long does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to not speak for?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
10. What does Gianmatteo own?
(a) A farm.
(b) A bank.
(d) A fabric store.
11. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco tell Calandrino he should have avoided his wife?
(a) So they could have found more rocks.
(b) So she wouldn't take his magic.
(c) So she wouldn't know about the rocks.
(d) So he wouldn't take his anger out on her.
12. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
(a) They are bored.
(b) They are pretending to be angry.
(c) They want to see who they hit.
(d) They are trying to see who can throw the highest.
13. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) Onesta's father finds him.
(b) The other devils make him stay.
(c) His creditors are after him.
(d) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
14. Why does Madonna Zilia travel to France to see Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) She hears he is still keeping his oath.
(b) She travels there accidentally.
(c) Filiberto offers her money.
(d) The king of France invites her.
15. How much older is Hermes Torranza than Bianca?
(a) They are the same age.
(b) 5 years.
(c) About 10 years.
(d) Over 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belfagor try to flee town?
2. What does Monsignor Filiberto do for a living?
3. What does Hermes Torranza write in letters to Bianca?
4. What does Torranza tell Bianca about his death?
5. What time of day do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest Calandrino look for the helitropia stone?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)