|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Professor Farsatti from?
(c) Mount San Dona.
2. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
(a) Because he will do Gianmatteo harm.
(b) Because Gianmatteo needs a wife.
(c) Because he is going back to Hell.
(d) Because Gianmatteo annoys him.
3. What type of poetry does Professor Farsatti say Mount San Dona reminds him of?
4. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco like to play pranks on Calandrino?
(a) Because he overreacts.
(b) Because he's hard to trick.
(c) Because he does the same to them.
(d) Because he is easy to fool.
5. Why does Belfagor try to flee town?
(a) Onesta kicked him out.
(b) He has run out of money.
(c) He is no longer in love with Onesta.
(d) Onesta cheated on him.
6. What does Hermes Torranza do for a living?
(a) Write poetry.
(b) Compose music.
(c) Build sculptures.
(d) Paint pictures.
7. Why does Calandrino want a helitropia stone?
(a) To win a fight.
(b) To steal money.
(c) To find a wife.
(d) To build his house.
8. What lesson does Malpelo try to show Ranocchio about working in the mines?
(a) That he has to be a fighter.
(b) That he has to be fast.
(c) That he has to work the hardest.
(d) That he has to hide his money.
9. What does Bianca do when her father criticizes Torranza?
(a) Fights back.
(b) Asks to go to town.
(c) Stays silent.
(d) Goes to her room.
10. Why does Belfagor do as Onesta says in their marriage?
(a) She has power over him.
(b) He fears she'll find out the truth.
(c) He is trying to trick her.
(d) Those were his directions.
11. What does Calandrino ask Maso about the magic rocks?
(a) What they look like.
(b) Who owns the most magic rocks.
(c) What type of magic they do.
(d) Where he can find them.
12. How does Malpelo's sister feel about him?
(a) She is afraid for him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is embarrassed by him.
(d) She ignores him.
13. What do people think caused Malpelo to have red hair?
(a) His bad soul.
(b) His temper.
(c) His mother's sins.
(d) The hot day he was born on.
14. How does Malpelo treat Ranocchio when he starts working at the mine?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He jokes with him.
(c) He beats him.
(d) He teaches him.
15. What do the miners find where Malpelo's father died?
(a) His bag.
(b) A note.
(c) His shoe.
(d) His pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malpelo tell Ranocchio when he takes him to the place where his father died?
2. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
3. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
4. How does Monsignor Filiberto feel about Madonna Zilia's requested oath of silence?
5. Why does Belfagor need to possess a wealthy daughter for a second time?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)