|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torranza tell Bianca about her marriage in his urgent letter?
(a) She should ignore her husband politely.
(b) She should get her husband help.
(c) She should reconcile with her husband.
(d) She should leave her husband.
2. In what genre did Fogazzaro write first?
(a) Short stories.
3. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) They will be charged.
(b) They will be forced to try again.
(c) They will be beheaded.
(d) They will be exiled.
4. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
(b) The other devils make him stay.
(c) His creditors are after him.
(d) Onesta's father finds him.
5. How does Bianca describe her feelings for Hermes Torranza?
(a) She likes him as a friend.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She likes him more than a friend.
(d) She does not like him at all.
6. Why does Onesta's family choose Belfagor to marry her?
(a) His charm.
(b) His education.
(c) His money.
(d) His good looks.
7. How does Monsignor Filiberto feel about Madonna Zilia's requested oath of silence?
(a) He thinks it's childish.
(b) He thinks it's fair.
(c) He thinks it's a bluff.
(d) He thinks it's too long.
8. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
(a) They think it is a physical sickness.
(b) They think he has lost his mind.
(c) They think he is stupid for agreeing to it.
(d) They don't even notice.
9. What does Bianca dislike about her husband, Emilio Squarcina?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His parents.
(c) His hometown.
(d) His garden.
10. Who tells Bianca that Torrazna has died?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Dalla Carretta.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Professor Farsatti.
11. Where is Professor Farsatti from?
(d) Mount San Dona.
12. What does the king of France change the award to in "Madonna Zilia"?
(a) 10,000 francs.
(b) 5,000 francs.
(c) 20,000 francs.
(d) 15,000 francs.
13. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
(a) He is happy to know she cares about him.
(b) He does not trust her.
(c) He falls in love with her again.
(d) He is angry when he sees her.
14. Why does Belfagor do as Onesta says in their marriage?
(a) She has power over him.
(b) He fears she'll find out the truth.
(c) Those were his directions.
(d) He is trying to trick her.
15. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
(a) A street vendor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A priest.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which century did Boccacio write?
2. What does Ranocchio tell Malpelo is beyond the stars?
3. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco like to play pranks on Calandrino?
4. Why does the visit from Dalla Carretta disappoint Bianca?
5. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco tell Calandrino he should have avoided his wife?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)