|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco like to play pranks on Calandrino?
(a) Because he's hard to trick.
(b) Because he does the same to them.
(c) Because he is easy to fool.
(d) Because he overreacts.
2. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
(a) He is worried about his daughter.
(b) He wants his money back.
(c) He wants him to marry is daughter.
(d) He wants to know who Belfagor is.
3. Why does Calandrino want a helitropia stone?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To steal money.
(c) To win a fight.
(d) To build his house.
4. What does Ranocchio tell Malpelo is beyond the stars?
(c) Another world.
5. How much older is Hermes Torranza than Bianca?
(a) They are the same age.
(b) About 10 years.
(c) Over 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
6. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco tell Calandrino he should have avoided his wife?
(a) So he wouldn't take his anger out on her.
(b) So they could have found more rocks.
(c) So she wouldn't take his magic.
(d) So she wouldn't know about the rocks.
7. During which century did Boccacio write?
(a) The 17th.
(b) The 14th.
(c) The 16th.
(d) The 15th.
8. What does Calandrino ask Maso about the magic rocks?
(a) Where he can find them.
(b) Who owns the most magic rocks.
(c) What type of magic they do.
(d) What they look like.
9. How does Bianca describe her feelings for Hermes Torranza?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She likes him as a friend.
(c) She likes him more than a friend.
(d) She does not like him at all.
10. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
11. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
(a) They want to see who they hit.
(b) They are bored.
(c) They are pretending to be angry.
(d) They are trying to see who can throw the highest.
12. By whom was Giovanni Verga influenced?
(a) The French.
(b) The English.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The Germans.
13. How long does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to not speak for?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
14. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
(a) He always stands up to a challenge.
(b) He doesn't want to lose his job.
(c) He feels he doesn't have a family.
(d) He gets paid more money to do them.
15. What is Belfagor given before he goes to earth in the form of a man?
(b) Good wishes.
(c) Clear directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what genre did Fogazzaro write first?
2. What does Beneto consider above all other things in his rule?
3. What is Monsignor Filiberto's reaction to Madonna Zilia's lack of interest in him?
4. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
5. How does Malpelo treat Ranocchio when he starts working at the mine?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)