|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
(a) He is happy to know she cares about him.
(b) He falls in love with her again.
(c) He is angry when he sees her.
(d) He does not trust her.
2. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
(a) Cancelled his magic.
(b) Smacked him.
(c) Told Bruno and Buffalmaco what happened.
(d) Lied to him.
3. Why is Malpelo's mother ashamed of him?
(a) Because he beats people.
(b) Because people gossip about him.
(c) Because he insults her.
(d) Because he works a poor job.
4. How does Monsignor Filiberto feel about Madonna Zilia's requested oath of silence?
(a) He thinks it's fair.
(b) He thinks it's a bluff.
(c) He thinks it's childish.
(d) He thinks it's too long.
5. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
(a) He says it won't work.
(b) He says Gianmatteo is stupid.
(c) He says he will sabotage the whole plan.
(d) He says it will intimidate Gianmatteo.
6. During which century did Boccacio write?
(a) The 16th.
(b) The 15th.
(c) The 17th.
(d) The 14th.
7. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) They will be exiled.
(b) They will be beheaded.
(c) They will be charged.
(d) They will be forced to try again.
8. During their visit, what does Monsignor Filiberto ask of Madonna Zilia?
(a) Her hand in marriage.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A hug.
(d) A day to have lunch together.
9. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
10. What does Monsignor Filiberto do for a living?
(a) He is a banker.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a priest.
11. Why does Madonna Zilia travel to France to see Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) Filiberto offers her money.
(b) She travels there accidentally.
(c) She hears he is still keeping his oath.
(d) The king of France invites her.
12. At the end of "Eighth Day, Third Story," how does Calandrino feel about his wife?
(a) He decides to leave her.
(b) He is still angry at her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He makes up with her.
13. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
(a) He is worried about his daughter.
(b) He wants to know who Belfagor is.
(c) He wants his money back.
(d) He wants him to marry is daughter.
14. How does Gianmatteo get Belfagor to leave the king's daughter's body and return to hell?
(a) He says he knows his boss.
(b) He says he lost all the money.
(c) He says a prayer.
(d) He says his wife is coming.
15. Why does Calandrino's wife yell at him when he comes home?
(a) Because she is hungry.
(b) Because he is late.
(c) Because he skipped work.
(d) Because he has rocks with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calandrino do for a living?
2. Why does Bianca stay silent after learning of Torranza's death?
3. What does Bianca do when her father criticizes Torranza?
4. Why do the Carrettas criticize Torranza?
5. Why does Bianca return to San Dona?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)