|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermes Torranza do for a living?
(a) Build sculptures.
(b) Compose music.
(c) Paint pictures.
(d) Write poetry.
2. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A street vendor.
(d) A priest.
3. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) They will be forced to try again.
(b) They will be beheaded.
(c) They will be charged.
(d) They will be exiled.
4. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) Dance at court.
(b) Wave her hat on the street.
(c) Greet him with a kiss.
(d) Bow before saying goodbye.
5. What does Bianca do when her father criticizes Torranza?
(a) Goes to her room.
(b) Fights back.
(c) Asks to go to town.
(d) Stays silent.
6. Why does Calandrino want a helitropia stone?
(a) To win a fight.
(b) To build his house.
(c) To find a wife.
(d) To steal money.
7. What is Monsignor Filiberto's reaction to Madonna Zilia's lack of interest in him?
(a) He falls ill.
(b) He teases her.
(c) He moves to a different town.
(d) He cries.
8. Why does Belfagor need to possess a wealthy daughter for a second time?
(a) The first daughter was too smart.
(b) Belfagor wanted to prove himself.
(c) Gianmatteo didn't get enough money.
(d) Gianmatteo asked him to do it again.
9. What happens with the rocks Bruno and Buffalmaco throw?
(a) They break windows.
(b) They land in the water.
(c) They land on them.
(d) They hit Calandrino.
10. How does Malpelo feel when he visits Ranocchio and sees his mother crying?
(a) He wants to talk about it.
(b) It scares him.
(c) He doesn't understand it.
(d) It makes him cry, also.
11. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
(a) Because he will do Gianmatteo harm.
(b) Because he is going back to Hell.
(c) Because Gianmatteo needs a wife.
(d) Because Gianmatteo annoys him.
12. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
(a) He says Gianmatteo is stupid.
(b) He says he will sabotage the whole plan.
(c) He says it will intimidate Gianmatteo.
(d) He says it won't work.
13. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
(a) At home.
(b) In trees.
(d) In a castle.
14. Why does Belfagor do as Onesta says in their marriage?
(a) He is trying to trick her.
(b) He fears she'll find out the truth.
(c) She has power over him.
(d) Those were his directions.
15. Where is Professor Farsatti from?
(d) Mount San Dona.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest Calandrino look for the helitropia stone?
2. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
3. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
4. Why does the visit from Dalla Carretta disappoint Bianca?
5. What does Bianca dislike about her husband, Emilio Squarcina?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)