|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bianca dislike about her husband, Emilio Squarcina?
(a) His hometown.
(b) His parents.
(c) His garden.
(d) His attitude.
2. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
(a) He wants him to marry is daughter.
(b) He is worried about his daughter.
(c) He wants to know who Belfagor is.
(d) He wants his money back.
3. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
(a) He does not trust her.
(b) He is angry when he sees her.
(c) He falls in love with her again.
(d) He is happy to know she cares about him.
4. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
5. What does Hermes Torranza do for a living?
(a) Compose music.
(b) Write poetry.
(c) Build sculptures.
(d) Paint pictures.
6. Why is Malpelo's mother ashamed of him?
(a) Because he insults her.
(b) Because he beats people.
(c) Because people gossip about him.
(d) Because he works a poor job.
7. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) The other devils make him stay.
(b) His creditors are after him.
(c) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
(d) Onesta's father finds him.
8. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
(a) They want to see who they hit.
(b) They are trying to see who can throw the highest.
(c) They are pretending to be angry.
(d) They are bored.
9. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco like to play pranks on Calandrino?
(a) Because he does the same to them.
(b) Because he's hard to trick.
(c) Because he is easy to fool.
(d) Because he overreacts.
10. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
(a) He shows up at his house.
(b) He doubles his taxes until he shows up.
(c) He has him kidnapped.
(d) He uses the law.
11. What do people think caused Malpelo to have red hair?
(a) His mother's sins.
(b) His temper.
(c) The hot day he was born on.
(d) His bad soul.
12. Why does Bianca return to San Dona?
(a) To find a job.
(b) To escape her husband.
(c) To write a book.
(d) To help her parents.
13. How does Malpelo feel when he visits Ranocchio and sees his mother crying?
(a) It scares him.
(b) He doesn't understand it.
(c) It makes him cry, also.
(d) He wants to talk about it.
14. Why does Calandrino's wife yell at him when he comes home?
(a) Because he is late.
(b) Because he has rocks with him.
(c) Because she is hungry.
(d) Because he skipped work.
15. Why does Onesta's family choose Belfagor to marry her?
(a) His education.
(b) His money.
(c) His charm.
(d) His good looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ranocchio tell Malpelo is beyond the stars?
2. Why does Belfagor need to possess a wealthy daughter for a second time?
3. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
4. Why does Belfagor do as Onesta says in their marriage?
5. When Malpelo is accused by the other workers, how does Ranocchio react?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)