|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stories are in "The Decameron"?
(b) One hundred.
2. What do the miners find where Malpelo's father died?
(a) His shoe.
(b) His pants.
(c) A note.
(d) His bag.
3. What does Maso say the helitropia stone does to people?
(a) Makes them sleepy.
(b) Makes them taller.
(c) Makes them invisible.
(d) Makes them able to fly.
4. What happens with the rocks Bruno and Buffalmaco throw?
(a) They land on them.
(b) They break windows.
(c) They land in the water.
(d) They hit Calandrino.
5. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
(a) In a pile of manure.
(b) Behind a rock.
(c) Inside a trash can.
(d) Under his house.
6. Why does the visit from Dalla Carretta disappoint Bianca?
(a) She thought it was Torranza.
(b) She wanted to be alone.
(c) She wanted to go out to town.
(d) She was trying to sleep.
7. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
(a) He uses the law.
(b) He has him kidnapped.
(c) He doubles his taxes until he shows up.
(d) He shows up at his house.
8. How long does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to not speak for?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
9. How does Malpelo's sister feel about him?
(a) She is afraid for him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is embarrassed by him.
(d) She ignores him.
10. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) Greet him with a kiss.
(b) Dance at court.
(c) Wave her hat on the street.
(d) Bow before saying goodbye.
11. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
(a) Because she is bored.
(b) Because she thinks he won't do it.
(c) Because she wants to control him.
(d) Because she knows he will do it.
12. Why does Madonna Zilia travel to France to see Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) The king of France invites her.
(b) She travels there accidentally.
(c) Filiberto offers her money.
(d) She hears he is still keeping his oath.
13. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco tell Calandrino he should have avoided his wife?
(a) So she wouldn't take his magic.
(b) So he wouldn't take his anger out on her.
(c) So she wouldn't know about the rocks.
(d) So they could have found more rocks.
14. How does Spoleto convince Madonna Zilia to visit Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) He says he will pay her.
(b) He gives her gifts.
(c) He begs her.
(d) He says she will get hurt if she doesn't.
15. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Professor Farsatti feel about Mount San Dona?
2. What does Gianmatteo own?
3. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
4. What type of poetry does Professor Farsatti say Mount San Dona reminds him of?
5. How does Verga explain Malpelo's father's death?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)