|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Eighth Day, Third Story," how does Calandrino feel about his wife?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He decides to leave her.
(c) He is still angry at her.
(d) He makes up with her.
2. How does Professor Farsatti feel about Mount San Dona?
(a) He has no opinion about it.
(b) He enjoys it.
(c) He dislikes it.
(d) He has never been there.
3. Where is Professor Farsatti from?
(d) Mount San Dona.
4. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco tell Calandrino he should have avoided his wife?
(a) So they could have found more rocks.
(b) So she wouldn't take his magic.
(c) So he wouldn't take his anger out on her.
(d) So she wouldn't know about the rocks.
5. What does Calandrino do for a living?
6. What is Belfagor given before he goes to earth in the form of a man?
(a) Clear directions.
(b) Good wishes.
7. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
(a) A priest.
(b) A street vendor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
8. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
(b) The other devils make him stay.
(c) His creditors are after him.
(d) Onesta's father finds him.
9. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
(a) He says it will intimidate Gianmatteo.
(b) He says he will sabotage the whole plan.
(c) He says Gianmatteo is stupid.
(d) He says it won't work.
10. What does Beneto consider above all other things in his rule?
11. What does Ranocchio tell Malpelo is beyond the stars?
(d) Another world.
12. In "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife," who has the vision of hell?
(a) Holy leaders.
(c) An unmarried man.
(d) The Devil.
13. What does Bianca dislike about her husband, Emilio Squarcina?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His hometown.
(c) His parents.
(d) His garden.
14. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
(a) Behind a rock.
(b) Inside a trash can.
(c) In a pile of manure.
(d) Under his house.
15. During their visit, what does Monsignor Filiberto ask of Madonna Zilia?
(a) A hug.
(b) A day to have lunch together.
(c) A kiss.
(d) Her hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Onesta's family choose Belfagor to marry her?
2. Why does Monsignor Filiberto go to France?
3. What does Hermes Torranza write in letters to Bianca?
4. Why does Bianca stay silent after learning of Torranza's death?
5. When she visits Monsignor Filiberto, what does Madonna Zilia tell him that disappoints him?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)