|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of poetry does Professor Farsatti say Mount San Dona reminds him of?
2. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
(a) He wants him to marry is daughter.
(b) He wants to know who Belfagor is.
(c) He wants his money back.
(d) He is worried about his daughter.
3. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest looking for a helitropia stone on holiday?
(a) No one else will be around.
(b) It's a lucky holiday.
(c) They want to find one before then.
(d) They have the day off of work.
4. What does Calandrino ask Maso about the magic rocks?
(a) What they look like.
(b) Where he can find them.
(c) Who owns the most magic rocks.
(d) What type of magic they do.
5. By whom was Giovanni Verga influenced?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The English.
(d) The French.
6. When she visits Monsignor Filiberto, what does Madonna Zilia tell him that disappoints him?
(a) That she didn't even want to visit him.
(b) That she can't stay long.
(c) That she does not love him.
(d) That she is moving out of town.
7. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
(a) He doesn't want to lose his job.
(b) He always stands up to a challenge.
(c) He gets paid more money to do them.
(d) He feels he doesn't have a family.
8. What does Torranza tell Bianca about his death?
(a) He will leave her money.
(b) He will miss her.
(c) He will give her a sign.
(d) He will send a lawyer to see her.
9. How does Bianca describe her feelings for Hermes Torranza?
(a) She likes him as a friend.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She likes him more than a friend.
(d) She does not like him at all.
10. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) The other devils make him stay.
(b) Onesta's father finds him.
(c) His creditors are after him.
(d) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
11. Why does Calandrino's wife yell at him when he comes home?
(a) Because she is hungry.
(b) Because he has rocks with him.
(c) Because he is late.
(d) Because he skipped work.
12. What time of day do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest Calandrino look for the helitropia stone?
(a) At night.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the morning.
(d) In the evening.
13. How long does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to not speak for?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
14. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
(a) They think he has lost his mind.
(b) They don't even notice.
(c) They think it is a physical sickness.
(d) They think he is stupid for agreeing to it.
15. Where does Ranocchio like to visit most?
(a) The cliffs.
(b) The ravine.
(c) The meadow.
(d) The town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Malpelo's sister feel about him?
2. Why does Belfagor try to flee town?
3. Why does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto see Madonna Zilia?
4. What does Hermes Torranza do for a living?
5. Why is Malpelo's mother ashamed of him?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)