|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest Calandrino look for the helitropia stone?
(a) At night.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the morning.
(d) In the evening.
2. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
3. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
(b) In trees.
(c) In a castle.
(d) At home.
4. Why does Onesta's family choose Belfagor to marry her?
(a) His charm.
(b) His money.
(c) His good looks.
(d) His education.
5. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
(a) The church.
(b) His house.
(c) The center of town.
(d) The market.
6. How much older is Hermes Torranza than Bianca?
(a) Over 20 years.
(b) They are the same age.
(c) 5 years.
(d) About 10 years.
7. Why does Calandrino's wife yell at him when he comes home?
(a) Because he has rocks with him.
(b) Because he is late.
(c) Because she is hungry.
(d) Because he skipped work.
8. What does Beneto consider above all other things in his rule?
9. What does Malpelo tell Ranocchio when he takes him to the place where his father died?
(a) He tells Ranocchio nothing.
(b) He tells Ranocchio his father's stories.
(c) He tells Ranocchio to always be careful.
(d) He tells Ranocchio to find a new job.
10. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco like to play pranks on Calandrino?
(a) Because he is easy to fool.
(b) Because he overreacts.
(c) Because he's hard to trick.
(d) Because he does the same to them.
11. Why does Madonna Zilia travel to France to see Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) The king of France invites her.
(b) She hears he is still keeping his oath.
(c) Filiberto offers her money.
(d) She travels there accidentally.
12. How does Professor Farsatti feel about Mount San Dona?
(a) He has never been there.
(b) He dislikes it.
(c) He enjoys it.
(d) He has no opinion about it.
13. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A street vendor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
14. What does Calandrino ask Maso about the magic rocks?
(a) What they look like.
(b) What type of magic they do.
(c) Who owns the most magic rocks.
(d) Where he can find them.
15. During their visit, what does Monsignor Filiberto ask of Madonna Zilia?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A hug.
(c) A day to have lunch together.
(d) Her hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she visits Monsignor Filiberto, what does Madonna Zilia tell him that disappoints him?
2. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
3. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest looking for a helitropia stone on holiday?
4. In "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife," who has the vision of hell?
5. Why does Belfagor try to flee town?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)