|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the miners find where Malpelo's father died?
(a) A note.
(b) His shoe.
(c) His pants.
(d) His bag.
2. By whom was Giovanni Verga influenced?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The English.
(c) The French.
(d) The Germans.
3. What does Torranza tell Bianca about her marriage in his urgent letter?
(a) She should reconcile with her husband.
(b) She should ignore her husband politely.
(c) She should get her husband help.
(d) She should leave her husband.
4. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
(a) Inside a trash can.
(b) Behind a rock.
(c) Under his house.
(d) In a pile of manure.
5. Where does Ranocchio like to visit most?
(a) The cliffs.
(b) The town.
(c) The ravine.
(d) The meadow.
6. What does Malpelo tell Ranocchio when he takes him to the place where his father died?
(a) He tells Ranocchio to find a new job.
(b) He tells Ranocchio his father's stories.
(c) He tells Ranocchio to always be careful.
(d) He tells Ranocchio nothing.
7. What does Bianca do when her father criticizes Torranza?
(a) Goes to her room.
(b) Stays silent.
(c) Fights back.
(d) Asks to go to town.
8. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
(a) Because she knows he will do it.
(b) Because she is bored.
(c) Because she thinks he won't do it.
(d) Because she wants to control him.
9. Why does Onesta's family choose Belfagor to marry her?
(a) His good looks.
(b) His money.
(c) His education.
(d) His charm.
10. What do people think caused Malpelo to have red hair?
(a) His bad soul.
(b) The hot day he was born on.
(c) His temper.
(d) His mother's sins.
11. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
(a) The market.
(b) The center of town.
(c) His house.
(d) The church.
12. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
(a) He falls in love with her again.
(b) He is happy to know she cares about him.
(c) He does not trust her.
(d) He is angry when he sees her.
13. Why does the visit from Dalla Carretta disappoint Bianca?
(a) She thought it was Torranza.
(b) She was trying to sleep.
(c) She wanted to be alone.
(d) She wanted to go out to town.
14. Why do the Carrettas criticize Torranza?
(a) For his belief in the afterlife.
(b) For his writing skills.
(c) For his feeble mind.
(d) For his many wives.
15. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) They will be exiled.
(b) They will be forced to try again.
(c) They will be charged.
(d) They will be beheaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
2. Where is Professor Farsatti from?
3. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
4. What does Calandrino do for a living?
5. What time of day do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest Calandrino look for the helitropia stone?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)