|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Carrettas criticize Torranza?
(a) For his belief in the afterlife.
(b) For his writing skills.
(c) For his feeble mind.
(d) For his many wives.
2. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
(a) In a castle.
(b) At home.
(c) In trees.
3. How long does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to not speak for?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
4. During which century did Boccacio write?
(a) The 16th.
(b) The 14th.
(c) The 15th.
(d) The 17th.
5. Why does Bianca return to San Dona?
(a) To help her parents.
(b) To write a book.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To escape her husband.
6. In what genre did Fogazzaro write first?
(d) Short stories.
7. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco tell Calandrino he should have avoided his wife?
(a) So she wouldn't take his magic.
(b) So they could have found more rocks.
(c) So he wouldn't take his anger out on her.
(d) So she wouldn't know about the rocks.
8. How does Malpelo feel when he visits Ranocchio and sees his mother crying?
(a) He doesn't understand it.
(b) He wants to talk about it.
(c) It scares him.
(d) It makes him cry, also.
9. What causes Ranocchio to start coughing up blood?
(a) He falls in the mines.
(b) He swallows something sharp.
(c) Malpelo hits him on the back.
(d) Malpelo shakes him.
10. In "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife," who has the vision of hell?
(a) An unmarried man.
(b) Holy leaders.
(c) The Devil.
11. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) They will be forced to try again.
(b) They will be exiled.
(c) They will be charged.
(d) They will be beheaded.
12. What happens with the rocks Bruno and Buffalmaco throw?
(a) They hit Calandrino.
(b) They land in the water.
(c) They land on them.
(d) They break windows.
13. Why does the visit from Dalla Carretta disappoint Bianca?
(a) She wanted to go out to town.
(b) She was trying to sleep.
(c) She thought it was Torranza.
(d) She wanted to be alone.
14. Why does Belfagor try to flee town?
(a) Onesta cheated on him.
(b) He is no longer in love with Onesta.
(c) He has run out of money.
(d) Onesta kicked him out.
15. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest looking for a helitropia stone on holiday?
(a) They have the day off of work.
(b) It's a lucky holiday.
(c) They want to find one before then.
(d) No one else will be around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
2. What does Bianca do when her father criticizes Torranza?
3. What is Belfagor given before he goes to earth in the form of a man?
4. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
5. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)