|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Eighth Day, Third Story," how does Calandrino feel about his wife?
(a) He is still angry at her.
(b) He makes up with her.
(c) He decides to leave her.
(d) He ignores her.
2. How long does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to not speak for?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
3. How does Bianca describe her feelings for Hermes Torranza?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She does not like him at all.
(c) She likes him as a friend.
(d) She likes him more than a friend.
4. Who tells Bianca that Torrazna has died?
(a) Dalla Carretta.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Professor Farsatti.
(d) Her husband.
5. During which century did Boccacio write?
(a) The 14th.
(b) The 15th.
(c) The 17th.
(d) The 16th.
6. What does Bianca dislike about her husband, Emilio Squarcina?
(a) His hometown.
(b) His garden.
(c) His parents.
(d) His attitude.
7. How does Malpelo's sister feel about him?
(a) She is embarrassed by him.
(b) She is afraid for him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She ignores him.
8. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
(a) They think he has lost his mind.
(b) They don't even notice.
(c) They think it is a physical sickness.
(d) They think he is stupid for agreeing to it.
9. What is Belfagor given before he goes to earth in the form of a man?
(a) Good wishes.
(b) Clear directions.
10. How does Malpelo treat Ranocchio when he starts working at the mine?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He jokes with him.
(c) He teaches him.
(d) He beats him.
11. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco tell Calandrino he should have avoided his wife?
(a) So she wouldn't know about the rocks.
(b) So he wouldn't take his anger out on her.
(c) So they could have found more rocks.
(d) So she wouldn't take his magic.
12. During their visit, what does Monsignor Filiberto ask of Madonna Zilia?
(a) A hug.
(b) Her hand in marriage.
(c) A day to have lunch together.
(d) A kiss.
13. Why does the king of France change the award for helping Monsignor Filiberto speak?
(a) He isn't getting enough doctors.
(b) He thinks doctors are just trying to get money.
(c) He wants Filiberto to agree to the help.
(d) He wants to get Madonna Zilia to come to France.
14. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest looking for a helitropia stone on holiday?
(a) No one else will be around.
(b) They want to find one before then.
(c) They have the day off of work.
(d) It's a lucky holiday.
15. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
(a) He doesn't want to lose his job.
(b) He gets paid more money to do them.
(c) He always stands up to a challenge.
(d) He feels he doesn't have a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Malpelo feel about people who get to work outside?
2. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
3. When she visits Monsignor Filiberto, what does Madonna Zilia tell him that disappoints him?
4. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
5. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)