|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maso say the helitropia stone does to people?
(a) Makes them taller.
(b) Makes them able to fly.
(c) Makes them invisible.
(d) Makes them sleepy.
2. Why do the Carrettas criticize Torranza?
(a) For his many wives.
(b) For his belief in the afterlife.
(c) For his feeble mind.
(d) For his writing skills.
3. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
(a) He feels he doesn't have a family.
(b) He doesn't want to lose his job.
(c) He gets paid more money to do them.
(d) He always stands up to a challenge.
4. What does Bianca do when her father criticizes Torranza?
(a) Goes to her room.
(b) Fights back.
(c) Asks to go to town.
(d) Stays silent.
5. How does Monsignor Filiberto feel about Madonna Zilia's requested oath of silence?
(a) He thinks it's a bluff.
(b) He thinks it's fair.
(c) He thinks it's childish.
(d) He thinks it's too long.
6. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
(a) A street vendor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A priest.
7. How does Bianca describe her feelings for Hermes Torranza?
(a) She likes him more than a friend.
(b) She does not like him at all.
(c) She likes him as a friend.
(d) She loves him.
8. What time of day do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest Calandrino look for the helitropia stone?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) At night.
9. How does Professor Farsatti feel about Mount San Dona?
(a) He enjoys it.
(b) He dislikes it.
(c) He has no opinion about it.
(d) He has never been there.
10. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
(b) A wife.
(c) A chance to go to heaven.
11. What is Belfagor given before he goes to earth in the form of a man?
(a) Clear directions.
(d) Good wishes.
12. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
(a) He doubles his taxes until he shows up.
(b) He has him kidnapped.
(c) He shows up at his house.
(d) He uses the law.
13. Why does Belfagor do as Onesta says in their marriage?
(a) He is trying to trick her.
(b) Those were his directions.
(c) She has power over him.
(d) He fears she'll find out the truth.
14. What does Bianca dislike about her husband, Emilio Squarcina?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His garden.
(c) His parents.
(d) His hometown.
15. Why does Madonna Zilia travel to France to see Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) The king of France invites her.
(b) She hears he is still keeping his oath.
(c) She travels there accidentally.
(d) Filiberto offers her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
2. What does Beneto consider above all other things in his rule?
3. Why does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto see Madonna Zilia?
4. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
5. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)