|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alberto Moravia's Competition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to repair the tear in Professor Gori's frock-coat?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His housemaid.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) The clerk.
2. Why does the king of France change the award for helping Monsignor Filiberto speak?
(a) He wants to get Madonna Zilia to come to France.
(b) He isn't getting enough doctors.
(c) He wants Filiberto to agree to the help.
(d) He thinks doctors are just trying to get money.
3. In "The Idolaters," what are the red lights in the sky?
(a) No one knows.
(b) The northern lights.
(c) Something from space.
(d) Another town's warning signal.
4. What is Cesara Reis doing when Professor Gori goes into her apartment?
5. Why does Monsignor Filiberto go to France?
(a) To help the king find a wife.
(b) To help the king win a war.
(c) To help the king build a new castle.
(d) To help the king write a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Marquis live?
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest looking for a helitropia stone on holiday?
3. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
4. Why does Professor Gori decide to "stand up for" Cesara Reis after her wedding is postponed?
5. How is Bistino related to the Marquis?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)