|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alberto Moravia's Competition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Malpelo feel when he visits Ranocchio and sees his mother crying?
(a) He doesn't understand it.
(b) He wants to talk about it.
(c) It makes him cry, also.
(d) It scares him.
2. When Malpelo is accused by the other workers, how does Ranocchio react?
(a) He accuses Malpelo too.
(b) He defends Malpelo.
(c) He calls for the boss.
(d) He ignores the whole scene.
3. What meetings are held in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" to try to resolve the problems with the fountain?
(a) Town hall meetings.
(b) Council meetings.
(c) Official mayor meetings.
(d) Court meetings.
4. Why does Madonna Zilia travel to France to see Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) She travels there accidentally.
(b) The king of France invites her.
(c) She hears he is still keeping his oath.
(d) Filiberto offers her money.
5. What does the narrator of "Competition" sell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to repair the tear in Professor Gori's frock-coat?
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
3. Why does the king of France change the award for helping Monsignor Filiberto speak?
4. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
5. How does Mr. Migri propose to Cesara Reis?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)