|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alberto Moravia's Competition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is a new express train line built in "Broken Toys"?
(a) After Italy is liberated.
(b) In 1960.
(c) Once the old line is sold.
(d) When Germany lends Italy money.
2. Why does the king of France change the award for helping Monsignor Filiberto speak?
(a) He wants to get Madonna Zilia to come to France.
(b) He isn't getting enough doctors.
(c) He thinks doctors are just trying to get money.
(d) He wants Filiberto to agree to the help.
3. Where does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" run into an engineer of Pietrarsa?
(a) Outside of Paris.
(b) Pietrarsa's town center.
(c) In Florence.
(d) Near Pietrarsa.
4. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
(a) The engineer talks the mayor into it.
(b) He gets paid to have the fountain moved.
(c) He lets them vote on it.
(d) He knows the people won't change their minds.
5. When does the stock man open the train door in "Broken Toys"?
(a) When they come to a stop.
(b) When they depart.
(c) When they go in a tunnel.
(d) When they cross a bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
2. How does Bianca describe her feelings for Hermes Torranza?
3. How is Bistino related to the Marquis?
4. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
5. Why does Belfagor do as Onesta says in their marriage?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)