|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alberto Moravia's Competition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bistino initially upset when the Marquis moves in?
(a) Because the Marquis slept late every day.
(b) Because the Marquis doesn't treat him like a servant.
(c) Because the Marquis has grown angry.
(d) Because the Marquis treats him like a servant.
2. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
(b) A chance to go to heaven.
(c) A wife.
3. From what does Pietrarsa suffer while waiting for the fountain to be built?
4. How does the narrator of "Competition" feel about his relationship with Eunice?
(a) He doesn't think he likes her.
(b) It depresses him.
(c) It makes him nervous.
(d) He's the happiest he's ever been.
5. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) They will be charged.
(b) They will be beheaded.
(c) They will be exiled.
(d) They will be forced to try again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
2. How does the woman with the toys feel about the stocky man opening the door in "Broken Toys"?
3. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" describe the other people on the train?
4. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
5. Where does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" run into an engineer of Pietrarsa?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)