|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aldo Palazzeschi's Bistino and the Marquis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Ranocchio to start coughing up blood?
(a) He falls in the mines.
(b) Malpelo hits him on the back.
(c) He swallows something sharp.
(d) Malpelo shakes him.
2. Why does the Marquis move in with the Countess?
(a) Because he begs her to let him.
(b) Because he is kicked out of his house.
(c) Because Nunzia asks him to.
(d) Because he begins eating there daily.
3. How does Nunzia describe the Marquis?
(a) A wicked fool.
(b) A rich idiot.
(c) An absurd poet.
(d) An immoral slob.
4. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
(a) He lets them vote on it.
(b) He knows the people won't change their minds.
(c) The engineer talks the mayor into it.
(d) He gets paid to have the fountain moved.
5. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) Wave her hat on the street.
(b) Dance at court.
(c) Bow before saying goodbye.
(d) Greet him with a kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gianmatteo own?
2. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
3. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
4. Why do the townspeople of Radusa consult Giacobbe about the red lights?
5. How is Bistino related to the Marquis?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)