|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aldo Palazzeschi's Bistino and the Marquis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
(a) Because she thinks he won't do it.
(b) Because she knows he will do it.
(c) Because she is bored.
(d) Because she wants to control him.
2. What does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" feel is wasted in the town?
(a) Brain power.
(b) Natural resources.
(c) Human emotions.
(d) Common sense.
3. Where does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" run into an engineer of Pietrarsa?
(a) In Florence.
(b) Near Pietrarsa.
(c) Outside of Paris.
(d) Pietrarsa's town center.
4. What is Monsignor Filiberto's reaction to Madonna Zilia's lack of interest in him?
(a) He cries.
(b) He falls ill.
(c) He moves to a different town.
(d) He teases her.
5. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
(a) They think he is stupid for agreeing to it.
(b) They think he has lost his mind.
(c) They don't even notice.
(d) They think it is a physical sickness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beneto consider above all other things in his rule?
2. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
3. How does Bistino remember the Marquis treating him in the past?
4. How does the mayor of Pietrarsa first react to the people who resist the fountain?
5. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)