|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Luigi Pirandello's the Tight Frock-Coat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what is wrong with the town's democratic system?
(a) There isn't a leader.
(b) There aren't enough people that vote.
(c) It doesn't have term limits.
(d) It stalls any progress trying to be made.
2. What happens every time a plan is made for the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
(a) The mayor turns it down.
(b) The engineer says it is impossible.
(c) There is no one to do the work.
(d) A group of people challenge it.
3. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
(a) He feels he doesn't have a family.
(b) He doesn't want to lose his job.
(c) He gets paid more money to do them.
(d) He always stands up to a challenge.
4. At the end of "Eighth Day, Third Story," how does Calandrino feel about his wife?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He makes up with her.
(c) He decides to leave her.
(d) He is still angry at her.
5. How does Mr. Migri propose to Cesara Reis?
(a) With the help of Professor Gori.
(b) He asks her father.
(c) In front of a crowd.
(d) With a written note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Cesara Reis work as a tutor for Mr. Migri?
2. In "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife," who has the vision of hell?
3. Why do the townspeople of Radusa consult Giacobbe about the red lights?
4. How does the engineer of Pietrarsa respond to the narrator's bet?
5. Why does Bianca stay silent after learning of Torranza's death?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)