|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Luigi Pirandello's the Tight Frock-Coat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" bet the engineer?
(a) That in a year the fountain will be ripped out.
(b) That in a year the engineer will lose his job.
(c) That in a year the fountain won't be installed.
(d) That in a year the fountain won't be designed.
2. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
(a) He doubles his taxes until he shows up.
(b) He shows up at his house.
(c) He has him kidnapped.
(d) He uses the law.
3. What do Giacobbe and his men want to do in the church in Mascalico?
(b) Replace their statue.
(c) Destroy the church.
(d) Steal the candles.
4. Why is Malpelo's mother ashamed of him?
(a) Because people gossip about him.
(b) Because he beats people.
(c) Because he works a poor job.
(d) Because he insults her.
5. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
(a) Because she is bored.
(b) Because she knows he will do it.
(c) Because she wants to control him.
(d) Because she thinks he won't do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
2. During their visit, what does Monsignor Filiberto ask of Madonna Zilia?
3. What does Giacobbe discover about Pallura?
4. Where does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" run into an engineer of Pietrarsa?
5. What meetings are held in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" to try to resolve the problems with the fountain?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)