|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Antonio Fogazzaro's An Idea of Hermes Torranza.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
(a) Because he will do Gianmatteo harm.
(b) Because Gianmatteo needs a wife.
(c) Because Gianmatteo annoys him.
(d) Because he is going back to Hell.
2. Why does Bianca return to San Dona?
(a) To help her parents.
(b) To find a job.
(c) To escape her husband.
(d) To write a book.
3. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
(a) They think he is stupid for agreeing to it.
(b) They don't even notice.
(c) They think he has lost his mind.
(d) They think it is a physical sickness.
4. How does Malpelo feel about people who get to work outside?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He envies them.
(c) He is curious about them.
(d) He mocks them.
5. Why does the visit from Dalla Carretta disappoint Bianca?
(a) She wanted to go out to town.
(b) She wanted to be alone.
(c) She thought it was Torranza.
(d) She was trying to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto see Madonna Zilia?
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest looking for a helitropia stone on holiday?
3. When Malpelo is accused by the other workers, how does Ranocchio react?
4. What lesson does Malpelo try to show Ranocchio about working in the mines?
5. What does Maso say the helitropia stone does to people?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)