|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Antonio Fogazzaro's An Idea of Hermes Torranza.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malpelo tell Ranocchio when he takes him to the place where his father died?
(a) He tells Ranocchio to find a new job.
(b) He tells Ranocchio nothing.
(c) He tells Ranocchio to always be careful.
(d) He tells Ranocchio his father's stories.
2. What does Monsignor Filiberto do for a living?
(a) He is a banker.
(b) He is a priest.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a soldier.
3. When Malpelo is accused by the other workers, how does Ranocchio react?
(a) He accuses Malpelo too.
(b) He calls for the boss.
(c) He defends Malpelo.
(d) He ignores the whole scene.
4. How does Malpelo treat Ranocchio when he starts working at the mine?
(a) He jokes with him.
(b) He beats him.
(c) He teaches him.
(d) He ignores him.
5. What does Maso say the helitropia stone does to people?
(a) Makes them taller.
(b) Makes them sleepy.
(c) Makes them invisible.
(d) Makes them able to fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Ranocchio to start coughing up blood?
2. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
3. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
4. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
5. In what genre did Fogazzaro write first?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)