|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Giovanni Verga's Rosso Malpelo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
(a) He doubles his taxes until he shows up.
(b) He uses the law.
(c) He has him kidnapped.
(d) He shows up at his house.
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest looking for a helitropia stone on holiday?
(a) It's a lucky holiday.
(b) They have the day off of work.
(c) They want to find one before then.
(d) No one else will be around.
3. What is Monsignor Filiberto's reaction to Madonna Zilia's lack of interest in him?
(a) He teases her.
(b) He moves to a different town.
(c) He falls ill.
(d) He cries.
4. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
5. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) They will be charged.
(b) They will be exiled.
(c) They will be forced to try again.
(d) They will be beheaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
2. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
3. How does Gianmatteo get Belfagor to leave the king's daughter's body and return to hell?
4. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
5. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)