|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matteo Bandello's Madonna Zilia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
(b) Onesta's father finds him.
(c) His creditors are after him.
(d) The other devils make him stay.
2. What happens with the rocks Bruno and Buffalmaco throw?
(a) They break windows.
(b) They land on them.
(c) They land in the water.
(d) They hit Calandrino.
3. Why does Belfagor need to possess a wealthy daughter for a second time?
(a) Gianmatteo didn't get enough money.
(b) Belfagor wanted to prove himself.
(c) The first daughter was too smart.
(d) Gianmatteo asked him to do it again.
4. How does Gianmatteo get Belfagor to leave the king's daughter's body and return to hell?
(a) He says he knows his boss.
(b) He says his wife is coming.
(c) He says a prayer.
(d) He says he lost all the money.
5. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco tell Calandrino he should have avoided his wife?
(a) So she wouldn't take his magic.
(b) So she wouldn't know about the rocks.
(c) So he wouldn't take his anger out on her.
(d) So they could have found more rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
2. How long does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to not speak for?
3. Why does Monsignor Filiberto go to France?
4. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco react when they find out Calandrino beat his wife?
5. What does Calandrino do for a living?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)