|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matteo Bandello's Madonna Zilia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madonna Zilia travel to France to see Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) She travels there accidentally.
(b) The king of France invites her.
(c) Filiberto offers her money.
(d) She hears he is still keeping his oath.
2. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
(a) A street vendor.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
3. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
(b) His creditors are after him.
(c) The other devils make him stay.
(d) Onesta's father finds him.
4. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
(a) He does not trust her.
(b) He is angry when he sees her.
(c) He falls in love with her again.
(d) He is happy to know she cares about him.
5. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) They will be exiled.
(b) They will be forced to try again.
(c) They will be beheaded.
(d) They will be charged.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife," who has the vision of hell?
2. When she visits Monsignor Filiberto, what does Madonna Zilia tell him that disappoints him?
3. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
4. Why does Monsignor Filiberto go to France?
5. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco like to play pranks on Calandrino?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)