|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matteo Bandello's Madonna Zilia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
(a) They are pretending to be angry.
(b) They are trying to see who can throw the highest.
(c) They are bored.
(d) They want to see who they hit.
2. Why does Belfagor do as Onesta says in their marriage?
(a) Those were his directions.
(b) He is trying to trick her.
(c) He fears she'll find out the truth.
(d) She has power over him.
3. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
(a) He wants to know who Belfagor is.
(b) He wants him to marry is daughter.
(c) He is worried about his daughter.
(d) He wants his money back.
4. Why does Belfagor want to possess the daughter of a wealthy man?
(a) So he can get revenge.
(b) So he can get some of his money back.
(c) So Gianmatteo can control her.
(d) Because he is bored.
5. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
(a) His house.
(b) The center of town.
(c) The church.
(d) The market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with the rocks Bruno and Buffalmaco throw?
2. In "Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife," who has the vision of hell?
3. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
4. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
5. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)