|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Matteo Bandello's Madonna Zilia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maso say the helitropia stone does to people?
(a) Makes them taller.
(b) Makes them able to fly.
(c) Makes them invisible.
(d) Makes them sleepy.
2. What does Gianmatteo own?
(a) A bank.
(c) A fabric store.
(d) A farm.
3. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco tell Calandrino he should have avoided his wife?
(a) So he wouldn't take his anger out on her.
(b) So she wouldn't know about the rocks.
(c) So she wouldn't take his magic.
(d) So they could have found more rocks.
4. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
(a) He has him kidnapped.
(b) He uses the law.
(c) He doubles his taxes until he shows up.
(d) He shows up at his house.
5. Why does Calandrino's wife yell at him when he comes home?
(a) Because he is late.
(b) Because he has rocks with him.
(c) Because he skipped work.
(d) Because she is hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto see Madonna Zilia?
2. When she visits Monsignor Filiberto, what does Madonna Zilia tell him that disappoints him?
3. Why does Belfagor need to possess a wealthy daughter for a second time?
4. Why does Belfagor try to flee town?
5. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco react when they find out Calandrino beat his wife?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)