|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Niccolo Machiavelli's Belfagor: Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Belfagor need to possess a wealthy daughter for a second time?
(a) Belfagor wanted to prove himself.
(b) Gianmatteo didn't get enough money.
(c) Gianmatteo asked him to do it again.
(d) The first daughter was too smart.
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco like to play pranks on Calandrino?
(a) Because he is easy to fool.
(b) Because he's hard to trick.
(c) Because he overreacts.
(d) Because he does the same to them.
3. How many stories are in "The Decameron"?
(a) One hundred.
4. Why does Onesta's family choose Belfagor to marry her?
(a) His education.
(b) His good looks.
(c) His charm.
(d) His money.
5. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
(a) Lied to him.
(b) Smacked him.
(c) Told Bruno and Buffalmaco what happened.
(d) Cancelled his magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
2. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
3. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
4. What does Calandrino do for a living?
5. How does Gianmatteo get Belfagor to leave the king's daughter's body and return to hell?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)