|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Niccolo Machiavelli's Belfagor: Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens with the rocks Bruno and Buffalmaco throw?
(a) They land in the water.
(b) They land on them.
(c) They break windows.
(d) They hit Calandrino.
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest looking for a helitropia stone on holiday?
(a) No one else will be around.
(b) They want to find one before then.
(c) They have the day off of work.
(d) It's a lucky holiday.
3. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
4. What does Maso say the helitropia stone does to people?
(a) Makes them invisible.
(b) Makes them able to fly.
(c) Makes them taller.
(d) Makes them sleepy.
5. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
(a) He says Gianmatteo is stupid.
(b) He says it will intimidate Gianmatteo.
(c) He says he will sabotage the whole plan.
(d) He says it won't work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calandrino think his wife did when he walked through the door?
2. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
3. During which century did Boccacio write?
4. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
5. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco react when they find out Calandrino beat his wife?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)