|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Niccolo Machiavelli's Belfagor: Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
(b) The other devils make him stay.
(c) Onesta's father finds him.
(d) His creditors are after him.
2. What does Calandrino do for a living?
3. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
(a) The market.
(b) The church.
(c) The center of town.
(d) His house.
4. What happens with the rocks Bruno and Buffalmaco throw?
(a) They hit Calandrino.
(b) They break windows.
(c) They land on them.
(d) They land in the water.
5. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
(a) Behind a rock.
(b) In a pile of manure.
(c) Inside a trash can.
(d) Under his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stories are in "The Decameron"?
2. What time of day do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest Calandrino look for the helitropia stone?
3. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
4. Why does Calandrino want a helitropia stone?
5. Why does Calandrino's wife yell at him when he comes home?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)