|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Niccolo Machiavelli's Belfagor: Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
(a) Because Gianmatteo needs a wife.
(b) Because he is going back to Hell.
(c) Because Gianmatteo annoys him.
(d) Because he will do Gianmatteo harm.
2. Why does Calandrino's wife yell at him when he comes home?
(a) Because he skipped work.
(b) Because he is late.
(c) Because she is hungry.
(d) Because he has rocks with him.
3. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
4. At the end of "Eighth Day, Third Story," how does Calandrino feel about his wife?
(a) He is still angry at her.
(b) He decides to leave her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He makes up with her.
5. What does Calandrino ask Maso about the magic rocks?
(a) Where he can find them.
(b) Who owns the most magic rocks.
(c) What type of magic they do.
(d) What they look like.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stories are in "The Decameron"?
2. What time of day do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest Calandrino look for the helitropia stone?
3. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco like to play pranks on Calandrino?
4. Where does Gianmatteo hide Belfagor?
5. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)