|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Niccolo Machiavelli's Belfagor: Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Belfagor want to possess the daughter of a wealthy man?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) So he can get some of his money back.
(c) So he can get revenge.
(d) So Gianmatteo can control her.
2. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
3. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
(a) Because he is going back to Hell.
(b) Because Gianmatteo needs a wife.
(c) Because Gianmatteo annoys him.
(d) Because he will do Gianmatteo harm.
4. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
(a) They want to see who they hit.
(b) They are pretending to be angry.
(c) They are bored.
(d) They are trying to see who can throw the highest.
5. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
(a) He says he will sabotage the whole plan.
(b) He says Gianmatteo is stupid.
(c) He says it won't work.
(d) He says it will intimidate Gianmatteo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with the rocks Bruno and Buffalmaco throw?
2. How does Gianmatteo get Belfagor to leave the king's daughter's body and return to hell?
3. How many stories are in "The Decameron"?
4. What is Belfagor given before he goes to earth in the form of a man?
5. Why does Calandrino's wife yell at him when he comes home?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)