|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Corrado Alvaro's Broken Toys.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the stocky man in "Broken Toys" describe the other people on the train?
2. Why does Professor Gori decide to "stand up for" Cesara Reis after her wedding is postponed?
(a) He wants her to be able to mourn in peace.
(b) He wants to protect her reputation.
(c) He still wants her to have her wedding.
(d) He doesn't want anyone to tease her.
3. Why is the rail line cut off on "Broken Toys"?
(a) Because no one uses it anymore.
(b) Because it was stolen.
(c) Because of the war.
(d) Because it was never completed.
4. What does Hermes Torranza do for a living?
(a) Build sculptures.
(b) Paint pictures.
(c) Write poetry.
(d) Compose music.
5. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
(b) His creditors are after him.
(c) Onesta's father finds him.
(d) The other devils make him stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman with the toys ask the stock man in "Broken Toys"?
2. What does Maso say the helitropia stone does to people?
3. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco suggest looking for a helitropia stone on holiday?
4. In "The Idolaters," what are the red lights in the sky?
5. How does Gianmatteo get Belfagor to leave the king's daughter's body and return to hell?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)