|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Giovanni Verga's Rosso Malpelo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto see Madonna Zilia?
(a) Because his priest made him.
(b) Because they are friends.
(c) Because he owes Filiberto.
(d) Because Filiberto paid him.
2. When Malpelo is accused by the other workers, how does Ranocchio react?
(a) He defends Malpelo.
(b) He calls for the boss.
(c) He ignores the whole scene.
(d) He accuses Malpelo too.
3. How long does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to not speak for?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
4. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
5. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
(a) He is happy to know she cares about him.
(b) He does not trust her.
(c) He is angry when he sees her.
(d) He falls in love with her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Onesta's family choose Belfagor to marry her?
2. What do the miners find where Malpelo's father died?
3. What lesson does Malpelo try to show Ranocchio about working in the mines?
4. Why does Belfagor try to flee town?
5. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)