|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Giovanni Verga's Rosso Malpelo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the helitropia stone, according to Maso?
2. Why do Bruno and Buffalmaco throw stones in the air?
(a) They are bored.
(b) They are trying to see who can throw the highest.
(c) They want to see who they hit.
(d) They are pretending to be angry.
3. How do Bruno and Buffalmaco react when they find out Calandrino beat his wife?
(a) They beat Calandrino.
(b) They laugh at him.
(c) They tell him to stop.
(d) They leave his house.
4. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
(a) He gets paid more money to do them.
(b) He always stands up to a challenge.
(c) He feels he doesn't have a family.
(d) He doesn't want to lose his job.
5. What does Maso say the helitropia stone does to people?
(a) Makes them taller.
(b) Makes them able to fly.
(c) Makes them sleepy.
(d) Makes them invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the king seek out Gianmatteo?
2. What does Ranocchio tell Malpelo is beyond the stars?
3. During which century did Boccacio write?
4. At the end of "Eighth Day, Third Story," how does Calandrino feel about his wife?
5. Where does Ranocchio like to visit most?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)