|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Giovanni Verga's Rosso Malpelo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Belfagor's name when he pretends to be a man?
2. What does Maso say the helitropia stone does to people?
(a) Makes them sleepy.
(b) Makes them taller.
(c) Makes them invisible.
(d) Makes them able to fly.
3. What lesson does Malpelo try to show Ranocchio about working in the mines?
(a) That he has to hide his money.
(b) That he has to be fast.
(c) That he has to be a fighter.
(d) That he has to work the hardest.
4. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
(a) They think he has lost his mind.
(b) They think it is a physical sickness.
(c) They don't even notice.
(d) They think he is stupid for agreeing to it.
5. Where does Maso discuss magic rocks in front of Calandrino?
(a) His house.
(b) The church.
(c) The center of town.
(d) The market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Malpelo willing to do dangerous tasks in the mines?
2. Why does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto see Madonna Zilia?
3. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
4. What does Ranocchio tell Malpelo is beyond the stars?
5. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)