|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabriele d'Annunzio's the Idolaters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Malpelo treat Ranocchio when he starts working at the mine?
(a) He jokes with him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He teaches him.
(d) He beats him.
2. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) They will be charged.
(b) They will be forced to try again.
(c) They will be beheaded.
(d) They will be exiled.
3. What custom does Madonna Zilia refuse with Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) Dance at court.
(b) Bow before saying goodbye.
(c) Wave her hat on the street.
(d) Greet him with a kiss.
4. How does Gianmatteo get Belfagor to leave the king's daughter's body and return to hell?
(a) He says his wife is coming.
(b) He says a prayer.
(c) He says he lost all the money.
(d) He says he knows his boss.
5. In "The Idolaters," how do people know that Pallura has arrived?
(a) They hear him singing.
(b) The town crier announces it.
(c) They can see him driving his wagon in the distance.
(d) They hear the bells on his wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bianca do when her father criticizes Torranza?
2. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
3. What does Gianmatteo own?
4. What does Ranocchio tell Malpelo is beyond the stars?
5. By whom was Giovanni Verga influenced?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)