|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabriele d'Annunzio's the Idolaters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of poetry does Professor Farsatti say Mount San Dona reminds him of?
2. Why does Belfagor tell Gianmatteo to stay away from him?
(a) Because he is going back to Hell.
(b) Because Gianmatteo annoys him.
(c) Because he will do Gianmatteo harm.
(d) Because Gianmatteo needs a wife.
3. Even though the other miners hate Malpelo, why do they keep him around?
(a) Because he is a hard worker.
(b) They signed a contract with him.
(c) Out of respect for his father.
(d) His mother begged them.
4. What does Spoleto dress as to trick Madonna Zilia?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A street vendor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A teacher.
5. What does Hermes Torranza do for a living?
(a) Paint pictures.
(b) Compose music.
(c) Write poetry.
(d) Build sculptures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Malpelo think is the most natural place for him to be?
2. When she visits Monsignor Filiberto, what does Madonna Zilia tell him that disappoints him?
3. In "The Idolaters," how do people know that Pallura has arrived?
4. How does Giacobbe react to the red lights in the sky?
5. How does Gianmatteo get Belfagor to leave the king's daughter's body and return to hell?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)