|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabriele d'Annunzio's the Idolaters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the king arrange for Gianmatteo to meet with him?
(a) He has him kidnapped.
(b) He uses the law.
(c) He doubles his taxes until he shows up.
(d) He shows up at his house.
2. Why can't Belfagor leave town?
(a) Onesta's father finds him.
(b) The other devils make him stay.
(c) His creditors are after him.
(d) He decides he doesn't want to leave.
3. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
(a) He does not trust her.
(b) He is happy to know she cares about him.
(c) He falls in love with her again.
(d) He is angry when he sees her.
4. Why is Malpelo's mother ashamed of him?
(a) Because people gossip about him.
(b) Because he beats people.
(c) Because he works a poor job.
(d) Because he insults her.
5. How much older is Hermes Torranza than Bianca?
(a) About 10 years.
(b) Over 20 years.
(c) They are the same age.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Spoleto help Monsignor Filiberto see Madonna Zilia?
2. What do people think caused Malpelo to have red hair?
3. Why does Bianca return to San Dona?
4. What does Gianmatteo suggest the king have a large group of people play?
5. What is Belfagor given before he goes to earth in the form of a man?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)