|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gabriele d'Annunzio's the Idolaters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spoleto convince Madonna Zilia to visit Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) He gives her gifts.
(b) He says she will get hurt if she doesn't.
(c) He says he will pay her.
(d) He begs her.
2. What type of poetry does Professor Farsatti say Mount San Dona reminds him of?
3. What does Ranocchio tell Malpelo is beyond the stars?
(d) Another world.
4. What does Giacobbe suggest happened to Pallura's candles?
(a) He sold them to someone else.
(b) They were stolen.
(c) There never were any candles.
(d) They melted.
5. What does the priest in "The Idolaters" do with the statuesof San Pantaleone?
(a) Tries to pray to it.
(b) Tries to hide it.
(c) Tries to use it to scare people away.
(d) Tries to use it to ward off evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Bianca that Torrazna has died?
2. Why does Belfagor tease Gianmatteo about the large group of people performing in front of the king?
3. What do the townspeople do when they go to Mascalico in "The Idolaters"?
4. Why does Monsignor Filiberto go to France?
5. What does Belfagor offer Gianmatteo in exchange for his help?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)