|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aldo Palazzeschi's Bistino and the Marquis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
(a) They think it is a physical sickness.
(b) They think he has lost his mind.
(c) They don't even notice.
(d) They think he is stupid for agreeing to it.
2. According to Nunzia, how did the Marquis lose his money?
(a) He was robbed.
(b) He did it himself.
(c) His parents took it back.
(d) His wife spent it all.
3. During their visit, what does Monsignor Filiberto ask of Madonna Zilia?
(a) A day to have lunch together.
(b) Her hand in marriage.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A hug.
4. What happens every time a plan is made for the fountain in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa"?
(a) The mayor turns it down.
(b) A group of people challenge it.
(c) There is no one to do the work.
(d) The engineer says it is impossible.
5. How does the Marquis treat Nunzia when he moves in?
(b) He ignores her.
(c) Like a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what happens while the fountain's construction is halted?
2. What is Monsignor Filiberto's reaction to Madonna Zilia's lack of interest in him?
3. Why does the Marquis move in with the Countess?
4. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
5. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what is wrong with the town's democratic system?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)