|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aldo Palazzeschi's Bistino and the Marquis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she visits Monsignor Filiberto, what does Madonna Zilia tell him that disappoints him?
(a) That she is moving out of town.
(b) That she didn't even want to visit him.
(c) That she does not love him.
(d) That she can't stay long.
2. What do people think of Monsignor Filiberto's silence?
(a) They think he is stupid for agreeing to it.
(b) They don't even notice.
(c) They think it is a physical sickness.
(d) They think he has lost his mind.
3. Why do some people in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" want the fountain moved?
(a) They think it will block traffic.
(b) They want the chance to vote on it.
(c) They think it is ugly and want it far away.
(d) They want it in a more central location.
4. What does Monsignor Filiberto do for a living?
(a) He is a priest.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a banker.
5. From what does Pietrarsa suffer while waiting for the fountain to be built?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" feel is wasted in the town?
2. How does Nunzia describe the Countess?
3. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," where is the fountain going to be built?
4. Why does the king of France change the award for helping Monsignor Filiberto speak?
5. When Madonna Zilia first comes to France, how does Monsignor Filiberto react to her?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)