|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aldo Palazzeschi's Bistino and the Marquis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to take an oath?
(a) Because she is bored.
(b) Because she thinks he won't do it.
(c) Because she knows he will do it.
(d) Because she wants to control him.
2. What meetings are held in "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" to try to resolve the problems with the fountain?
(a) Council meetings.
(b) Official mayor meetings.
(c) Town hall meetings.
(d) Court meetings.
3. Why does Madonna Zilia travel to France to see Monsignor Filiberto?
(a) The king of France invites her.
(b) Filiberto offers her money.
(c) She travels there accidentally.
(d) She hears he is still keeping his oath.
4. Where does the Marquis live?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In a country manor.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In a mansion.
5. How long does Madonna Zilia ask Monsignor Filiberto to not speak for?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king of France tell the doctors will happen if they fail to treat Monsignor Filiberto?
2. How does the narrator of "The Fountain of Pietrarsa" treat the engineer of Pietrarsa?
3. Why does the mayor of Pietrarsa finally agree to move the fountain?
4. In "The Fountain of Pietrarsa," what happens while the fountain's construction is halted?
5. Why does Monsignor Filiberto go to France?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)