Boccacio's Decameron - Eighth Day, Third Story
* Calandrino is a man who is easily tricked.
* Bruno and Buffalmaco trick Calandrino, with the help of Maso, into believing magic rocks will make him invisible.
* Calandrino goes looking for rocks with Bruno and Buffalmaco, who convince him he is invisible.
* Calandrino goes home and his wife is mad at him for being late.
* Calandrino thinks his wife took his magic and he beats her.
* Bruno and Buffalmaco stop Calandrino from further beating his wife.
Niccolo Machiavelli's Belfagor: Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife
* The rulers of Hell learn that a holy man had a vision that said most of the people in Hell were there because of their wives.
* The rulers of Hell decide to send a devil to earth to test the holy man's vision.
* Belfagor goes to earth and attracts a wife with money.
* Belfagor's wife...
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)