Boccacio's Decameron - Eighth Day, Third Story
• Calandrino is a man who is easily tricked.
• Bruno and Buffalmaco trick Calandrino, with the help of Maso, into believing magic rocks will make him invisible.
• Calandrino goes looking for rocks with Bruno and Buffalmaco, who convince him he is invisible.
• Calandrino goes home and his wife is mad at him for being late.
• Calandrino thinks his wife took his magic and he beats her.
• Bruno and Buffalmaco stop Calandrino from further beating his wife.
Niccolo Machiavelli's Belfagor: Story of the Devil Who Took a Wife
• The rulers of Hell learn that a holy man had a vision that said most of the people in Hell were there because of their wives.
• The rulers of Hell decide to send a devil to earth to test the holy man's vision.
• Belfagor goes to earth and attracts a wife with money...
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)