|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pennywise?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The clown.
(c) The father.
(d) The bicycle.
2. Which of the following does not appear in a fortune cookie brought by the waitress?
(a) A cricket.
(b) An eye.
(d) A finger.
3. Why was Adrian confronted by a group of young men before his murder?
(a) Because he was at the club.
(b) Because he was wearing an "I Love Derry" hat.
(c) Because he was wearing pink.
(d) Because he was walking on someone's yard.
4. Why does Bill Denbrough ride quickly into town, leaving Ben with Eddie?
(a) To get Eddie's asthma medicine.
(b) To chase Henry Bowers.
(c) Because Eddie has broken a leg.
(d) To get his father.
5. What do police believe that the young men and Adrian's lover have seen?
(a) A homeless man trying to steal Adrian's wallet.
(b) A submarine coming out of the water.
(c) A clown biting a hole in Adrian's armpit.
(d) A large fish nibbling at Adrian's remains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after they bonded did the characters reunite in their hometown?
2. How does Tom Rogan find out that Beverly has gone to Derry?
3. Which of the following is not a phenomenon that citizens of Derry have reported to Mike Hanlon?
4. Where does Bill Denbrough send the other boys to gather materials for the dam?
5. After first coming back to Derry, how much of the summer of 1958 do the members of the Losers Club remember?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Adrian confronted for his "I love Derry" hat?
2. How is Dorsey Cochran killed and why is it significant?
3. Describe the first confrontation the young men have with Adrian.
4. Why is Eddie Cochran's disappearance not initially reported by his parents?
5. Describe how Ben Hanscom reacts to Mike Hanlon's phone call.
6. What is Juniper Hill and what character resides there?
7. Describe Ben's reaction to seeing Henry at the movies.
8. How does the death rate of Derry compare to that of other cities?
9. How are the events surrounding Adrian's death at the canal handled by the police and the community?
10. Describe what happens at the Black Spot in 1930 according to Mike's diary entry.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)