|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ben Hanscom escape Henry and fall asleep?
(a) The Barrens.
(b) The park.
(c) The school.
(d) His home.
2. How is the person whose murder the police are investigating described?
(a) As a child.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a gay man.
(d) As a black man.
3. What happens after Beverly Marsh returns home from the movie with Ben Hanscom and Richie Tozier?
(a) Beverly gets in trouble for going to the movies.
(b) Beverly's mom is mad at her for being late.
(c) Beverly begins to hear voices in the drain.
(d) Beverly doesn't return home.
4. What is the name of the force that the characters fight?
5. What happens to Georgie Denbrough's boat when he returns outside after talking to Bill?
(a) It falls apart.
(b) It becomes waterlogged.
(c) It falls into the drain.
(d) It sails into the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Adrian not attacked the first time he is confronted by the young men about his hat?
2. Where does Mike Hanlon live in grade school?
3. Why doesn't Stan Uris get to tell a story about what he has seen after the boys complete the dam?
4. What does Mike Hanlon write in his diary about Derry?
5. What type of movie do Ben Hanscom and Richie Tozier go to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ben's reaction to seeing Henry at the movies.
2. Why is Adrian confronted for his "I love Derry" hat?
3. Describe the first confrontation the young men have with Adrian.
4. Why does Georgie go inside to talk to Bill and why isn't Bill outside playing with Georgie in the flood waters?
5. How is Dorsey Cochran killed and why is it significant?
6. What story does Bill tell the other boys at the dam and how do they respond?
7. What is the Standpipe and why was it closed?
8. Describe Eddie Kaspbrask's reaction to the phone call he receives from Mike Hanlon?
9. How does Mike describe Derry in his diary?
10. What is Juniper Hill and what character resides there?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)