|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nancy compare the feeling in her chest to in a July diary entry?
2. What book does Nancy want to get from the library?
3. Which one of these things does Nancy not use to try and get better in August?
4. What feelings keep Nancy up at night in May?
5. What does Nancy think her friends will tell her about Collin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nancy worry about her blood in the middle of September's diary entries?
2. What is Nancy excited to do according to the first April diary entry?
3. What do Collin and Nancy do the Monday she skips school in April?
4. What does Nancy do at the beginning of May with Dorie?
5. What does Nancy do on her 15th birthday?
6. What happens when Nancy goes to the water slides in July?
7. How does Nancy calm down during the concert?
8. Why do Nancy and the gaggle go to Uncle Bill's cabin at the beginning of June?
9. Why does Missy come over to Nancy's nearly every day?
10. Why does Officer Williams have Nancy relax in a state similar to hypnosis when he comes to the house in September?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lew and Collin are two very important people in Nancy's life and to the story's progression. Write a response comparing and contrasting Lew and Collin. How are they similar? How are they different? How do their separate relationships with Nancy differ? How does Nancy feel about both of them? How is each presented in the story? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
There are several animals present in the story - Imperical, Cougar, Red Alert, and RA4. Write a response exploring how each of these animals is important to the story and the role each animal plays in the story. What characters are connected to the animals? What is each animal's purpose in the story? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Much of what occurs in It Happened to Nancy centers around the consequences of having sex. Write a response focusing on the theme of sex as portrayed in the story. Is sex positive or negative? What consequences are there? How do the characters deal with the consequences dealt to them? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)