Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of baskets do Nancy and her mom learn to make at the beach?
2. Who is Betsy Mae?
3. What does Nancy compare the feeling in her chest to in a July diary entry?
4. What kind of flower does Collin give Nancy at her school?
5. Who takes the girls to the concert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nancy go to Liz's office at the beginning of June?
2. What problem does Dorie face that Nancy writes about in January?
3. Why does Nancy like living at the ranch more than home?
4. Why does Nancy call Thanksgiving a "blessed Thanksgiving" in November?
5. Who is Nancy's surprise visitor at the ranch in April?
6. When Nancy first goes to the doctor in July, what does he tell her to do to stop feeling tired all the time?
7. What happens during the concert?
8. When does Lew kiss Nancy for the first time?
9. In the middle of February, how does Nancy know she is feeling better?
10. What does Mrs. Maggleby, the school nurse, do at the beginning of April?
Much of what occurs in It Happened to Nancy centers around the consequences of having sex. Write a response focusing on the theme of sex as portrayed in the story. Is sex positive or negative? What consequences are there? How do the characters deal with the consequences dealt to them? Use specific references to the text in the response.
The concept and idea of promises is another important element to the story. Write a response focusing on the promises present in the story and their role in the story's development. What promises are made? Which promises are kept and which are broken? What does the keeping of or breaking of the promises do to the characters in the story? Use specific references to the text in the response.
There are several characters present in the story that play a major role, in addition to Nancy as the main character. Choose three main or major characters and write a response focusing on their development throughout the story. How does each character change from the beginning of the story until the end? What role does each character play in the book's central conflict? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)