|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mailroom boy wants to be ______________.
(a) A dentist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A microbiologist.
(d) A pediatrician.
2. What 1980s student does Nancy mention in April?
(a) Fred Simmons.
(b) Ryan White.
(d) Lew Fullcheck.
3. Nancy compares the mailroom boy to ____________.
4. Nancy's mom says sex is the greatest force in life after _______________.
5. How does Nancy remember Margie's name when talking to the police in February?
(a) She sees her.
(b) She does not.
(c) The yearbook.
(d) The police have a photo.
6. Who is Dorie "messing around" with?
(b) Fred Simmons.
(c) No one.
7. What is the surprise Nancy's dad has for her in August in Phoenix?
8. How does Nancy describe her dad's relationship to his business?
(a) A hero.
(b) A father.
(c) A slave.
(d) A nobody.
9. What is Nelly Sivers' nickname at Nancy's school?
(a) Nelly welly.
(b) All for free.
(c) Sivers Shivers.
(d) Loosie Goosie.
10. What does Nancy's doctor smuggle to her in February?
(b) See's candy.
11. Where does Nancy hide her old loose-leaf diary?
(a) Under a shoebox.
(c) In the trash.
(d) In a bookcase.
12. What does the mailroom boy have for his own?
(a) A house.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A car.
13. Where do Lew and Nancy's friends have a Halloween party?
(a) Uncle Bill's cabin.
(b) Nancy's house.
(c) Aunt Thelma's ranch.
(d) Mr. Detmer's barn.
14. Who is Mrs. Maggleby?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A therapist.
15. What instrument does Nancy's mom play?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nancy go to her dad's during the holidays in the January diary entries?
2. In January, what does Nancy see as her only way to escape?
3. Who is Nancy's new doctor in February?
4. Where does the couple live that adopts Dorie's baby?
5. Who is waiting for Nancy at home at the beginning of February?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)