|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, who do the Jessups invite for Christmas dinner?
(b) Louis Rotenstern.
(c) Buck Titus.
2. In Chapter 25, what business does Pridwell run?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Clothing store.
3. What does Julian study when he expects to be promoted to M.M. district headquarters in Hanover?
(b) Typing and shorthand.
4. In Chapter 29, what country does Italy assist with good roads, trains, and other benefits?
(d) South Africa.
5. In Chapter 31, when is John Pollikop arested?
6. What type of car does Doremus drive in Chapter 38?
7. In Chapter 32, when is Shad Ledue arrested?
(a) October 1938.
(b) November 1938.
(c) September 1938.
(d) December 1938.
8. In Chapter 37, where is Doremus living?
9. How does Mary die in Chapter 33?
(a) Airplane crash.
(c) Auto crash.
10. In Chapter 22, how many books by Dickens does Shad have burned?
11. In Chapter 27, what month is it?
12. In Chapter 25, how long has Doremus worked at the Informer?
(a) 38 years.
(b) 39 years.
(c) 36 years.
(d) 37 years.
13. In Chapter 23, what time does Buck Titus wish to speak with Doremus and his family?
(a) 8 a.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
14. At the end of Chapter 29, how long was Colonel Dewey Haik under fire when he was a first lieutenant in France in 1918?
(a) Less than 15 minutes.
(b) 2 days.
(c) About 90 minutes.
(d) 3 months.
15. In Chapter 28, where does Shad have a private suite?
(a) Fort Beulah Hotel.
(b) Star Hotel.
(c) Winters Hotel.
(d) Wyatt Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Karl keep talking in Chapter 36 when his cellmates want to sleep?
2. In Chapter 32, how many people does Doremus say were in Shad Ledue's family?
3. In Chapter 37, how many people address envelopes for Doremus?
4. In Chapter 30, what type of dog does Emma compare Doremus to?
5. In Chapter 38, what does Mr. William Barton Dobbs have for breakfast?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)