|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 34, where does Philip want Emma and Davy to live?
2. Where does Windrip's vice president say he is going in Chapter 35?
(a) Back to the farm.
3. In Chapter 21, what job does Doremus get Julian?
(a) Printing press operator.
(b) Chauffeur and medical assistant.
(c) Dish washing.
(d) Chauffeur and vet assistant.
4. In a paper Mr. Dobbs reads in Chapter 38, where is a rebellion put down?
5. In Chapter 22, when is Windrip's birthday?
(a) December 18.
(b) November 21.
(c) November 11.
(d) December 10.
6. Who is the only person who can join Doremus in Canada in Chapter 37, but who will not join him there?
7. In Chapter 35, how many people does Windrip have killed after his vice president resigns?
8. In Chapter 32, when is Shad Ledue arrested?
(a) September 1938.
(b) October 1938.
(c) December 1938.
(d) November 1938.
9. Where is Julian in Chapter 36?
(c) A concentration camp in New Hampshire.
(d) A concentration camp in Massachusetts.
10. In Chapter 25, who do the Jessups invite for Christmas dinner?
(a) Louis Rotenstern.
(d) Buck Titus.
11. In Chapter 22, when are the first concentration camps opened?
(a) January 29.
(b) December 15.
(c) December 11.
(d) January 3.
12. Who tells Francis Tasbrough information about Shad that gets him arrested?
(a) Mrs. Candy.
13. At the end of Chapter 27, where has Lorinda been ordered to open up a tea room for the summer?
(b) Beecher Falls.
14. Where does Doremus go to hide at the end of Chapter 38?
(b) Boundary Waters.
(c) Northern Woods.
15. In Chapter 27, where do Buck, Mary, David and Foolish go?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20 when Doremus considers fleeing to Canada, how much money does he think he can get?
2. In Chapter 28, what flavor ice cream does Shad serve at a dinner that Sissy, Emil, and a widow attend?
3. In Chapter 37, where is Doremus living?
4. How does Mary die in Chapter 33?
5. In Chapter 21, what recipe are Emma and Mrs. Candy discussing?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)