|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cat that found a hangover capsule for Thomas?
2. What does the woman ask of Thomas when she learns the boy is not drunk?
3. What kind of boat does an islander tell Thomas passed by their island earlier?
4. How long ago had the massacre occurred when Thomas gets to the scene?
5. What do Thomas and his crew wash up in before continuing the chase after the German soldier dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the prank Thomas wants to pull on the yachtsmen at Bobby's bar?
2. What does Thomas plan to paint about the swordfish experience?
3. What happens when Thomas interrogates the dying German soldier?
4. What does Thomas plan to do after he hears about Andrew and David's deaths?
5. What happens when Thomas and Willie have a small dispute after the crew catches a fish?
6. Why does Thomas think a German body was found on the island in Chapter I?
7. What happens when the prank is pulled on the yachtsmen?
8. What does Audrey come to Thomas' house to do, and where does she first hear about Thomas?
9. What does Bobby do when Roger gets sad thinking about one of his past girlfriends?
10. What do Henry and Antonio do to help Thomas sleep, and how does Thomas receive this kindness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
How does Thomas' relationship with Ginny change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)