|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thomas think the German submarine will head after the massacre?
2. How does Thomas feel when his boys leave the island?
3. What is Thomas' job in the military?
4. What does Thomas order his crew to do just after the German soldier dies?
5. Who will play the alcoholic in the bar during the skit for the yacht people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Eddy and Joseph doing all night after the swordfish gets away?
2. What happens when Thomas and Willie have a small dispute after the crew catches a fish?
3. What do Thomas and his crew find on an island in Chapter I?
4. What startling revelation does Roger get from Audrey, and what does this make him want to do?
5. What does Thomas plan to paint about the swordfish experience?
6. How does Tom die?
7. How does Thomas feel about his military duty?
8. What happens when Thomas interrogates the dying German soldier?
9. What information does Thomas get from a lieutenant on an island while tracking the Germans?
10. What do Henry and Antonio do to help Thomas sleep, and how does Thomas receive this kindness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)