|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrives while Thomas and Bobby discuss the painting he made for Bobby?
(a) The police.
(b) A houseboat.
(c) Thomas' boys.
(d) A boat full of soldiers.
2. What causes the fights the night after the fish gets away?
(a) Nobody believed the story.
(b) Someone teased him about his wounded hands.
(c) He was angy about losing the fish.
(d) Men made fun of him for letting it get away.
3. How many paintings does Thomas choose to create about the swordfish?
4. What is Thomas' job in the military?
(a) Guarding ammunition outposts.
(b) Canning radar.
(c) Signaling the enemy.
(d) Hunting for German boats.
5. How does Audrey describe the yacht people?
(a) Proud and obnoxious.
(b) Sullen and annoyed.
(c) Rich and boring.
(d) Lazy and affluent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas learn of David and Andrew's deaths?
2. Where does Thomas think the German submarine will head after the massacre?
3. What does Thomas do to stop his hunger in Cuba?
4. What does Thomas want to do to the yacht people who come to the island?
5. Where does Thomas go when he hears that two of his sons have died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Thomas and Willie have a small dispute after the crew catches a fish?
2. What do Henry and Antonio do to help Thomas sleep, and how does Thomas receive this kindness?
3. What does Thomas dream about when he sleeps on the beach, and what happens when he wakes up?
4. What startling revelation does Roger get from Audrey, and what does this make him want to do?
5. Where does Roger plan to go after the boys leave the island, and what does he plan to do there?
6. Why does Thomas think a German body was found on the island in Chapter I?
7. What does Thomas plan to paint about the swordfish experience?
8. What does Thomas plan to do after he hears about Andrew and David's deaths?
9. What are Eddy and Joseph doing all night after the swordfish gets away?
10. What does Thomas paint for Bobby and where does he put it?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)