|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the islander tell Thomas he saw drowning in the sea?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A pig.
(c) A tuna.
(d) A German vessel.
2. What do Thomas and his crew wash up in before continuing the chase after the German soldier dies?
(a) On the deck of the boat.
(b) A monsoon.
(c) In a lagoon.
(d) The ocean.
3. What does Bobby use to give to the boy pretending to be drunk?
(a) A gin bottle filled with water.
(b) A tap with tonic water.
(c) A beer bottle with rootbeer.
(d) A tequila bottle with lemonade.
4. What kind of fish does the crew catch after they bathe?
(a) Wombasa Swordfish.
(b) Wahoo fish.
(c) Walla Walla fish.
(d) Walleyed Pike.
5. What kind of boat does an islander tell Thomas passed by their island earlier?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas figure out the massacre was caused by Germans?
2. What is Thomas doing when Audrey comes to his house?
3. How does Thomas feel when his boys leave the island?
4. What does the group have at the house when Audrey comes over?
5. What arrives while Thomas and Bobby discuss the painting he made for Bobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Thomas interrogates the dying German soldier?
2. What do Henry and Antonio do to help Thomas sleep, and how does Thomas receive this kindness?
3. What does Thomas plan to do after he hears about Andrew and David's deaths?
4. What does Audrey come to Thomas' house to do, and where does she first hear about Thomas?
5. How does Thomas feel about his military duty?
6. What information does Thomas get from a lieutenant on an island while tracking the Germans?
7. What does Thomas plan to paint about the swordfish experience?
8. What do Thomas and his crew find on an island in Chapter I?
9. What does Audrey do when she figures out the prank?
10. What are Eddy and Joseph doing all night after the swordfish gets away?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)