|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomas not paint in the style that he likes most?
(a) It brings up too many memories.
(b) It takes longer.
(c) It is too hard.
(d) It does not sell as well.
2. How does Thomas think a good book should be written?
3. Where is Roger when he realizes the faults in one of his past girlfriends?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) On a train.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) At an amusement park.
4. Why does Roger choose to do what he does the morning after Queen Mary's birthday?
(a) He feels guilty about what he did the night before.
(b) He has to leave the next day.
(c) His right hand is hurting.
(d) He is worried about Thomas.
5. Who tries to retrieve the fish as it gets away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Thomas' cook?
2. What does Thomas do to keep from getting into another serious relationship?
3. How big is the fish that takes David's bait in the gulf stream?
4. What does Thomas' work keep him from feeling?
5. What does the boy in the bar tell Thomas he saw a yachtsman doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Thomas chosen to live alone?
2. What happens to Tom's pet pigeon?
3. How does Roger feel about beating the rich yachtsman?
4. What does Eddy tell Thomas to take with him when he takes his boys out on the boat?
5. What does Thomas realize after the shark incident?
6. What do Andy's brothers have to be cautious about when around him?
7. What will the boys' mothers do while they are visiting Thomas on the island?
8. What do Thomas and Roger do the morning after Queen Mary's birthday?
9. How do the boys feel after the shark is spotted?
10. What does Tom talk about as they head out for deep sea fishing?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)