|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will the mother of two of Thomas' sons be while her boys are with Thomas?
(c) Hong Kong.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. What does Thomas feel no remorse about the night after the shark incident?
(a) The shark attack.
(b) His past.
(c) His profession.
(d) His divorces.
3. Why does Thomas say painting is less lonely than writing?
(a) It is tangible.
(b) It is visible.
(c) It is engulfing.
(d) It is easily walked away from.
4. What does the boy in the bar tell Thomas he saw a yachtsman doing?
(a) Beating his wife.
(b) Cheating on his wife.
(c) Throwing things out a window.
(d) Dealing drugs.
5. What does Thomas plan to do when he takes his boys out on the boat for the first time?
(b) Take pictures.
(d) Goggle Fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Thomas feeling about having his boys with him after the shark incident?
2. What does the black boy in the bar refuse to do for the yachtsman?
3. How old is Roger's brother when he dies?
4. What does Thomas like to paint?
5. Who tries to retrieve the fish as it gets away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom talk about as they head out for deep sea fishing?
2. What happens to Uncle Edward at the beginning of Chapter III?
3. Why does Louis think some conch pearls would make the crying woman happy?
4. How does David say he felt about the swordfish?
5. Who helps David with his swordfish, and what advice is he given?
6. What kinds of things does Bobby think Thomas should paint?
7. What characteristics do each of Thomas' sons have?
8. What does Thomas realize after the shark incident?
9. What is the danger of swimming at night at the beginning of the book?
10. What happens to Tom's pet pigeon?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)