|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Roger when his brother dies?
2. What do Thomas and the boys have for dinner after the shark is killed?
(c) Shark soup.
(d) Fresh fish.
3. Who does Thomas see on the highway in Chapter III?
(a) Grandpa Emmett.
(b) Aunt Emma.
(c) Uncle Edward.
(d) Grandma Emily.
4. What does Thomas like to paint?
(b) Water landscapes.
(c) Abstract pieces.
(d) Island scenes.
5. Why does Roger choose to do what he does the morning after Queen Mary's birthday?
(a) He is worried about Thomas.
(b) He feels guilty about what he did the night before.
(c) His right hand is hurting.
(d) He has to leave the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish takes David's bait in the gulf stream?
2. Why does Thomas say painting is less lonely than writing?
3. Who tries to retrieve the fish as it gets away?
4. What does Thomas wish he had never done the night after the shark incident?
5. What is Roger's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when rum is brought to the people on the dock?
2. What do Andy's brothers have to be cautious about when around him?
3. What kinds of things does Bobby think Thomas should paint?
4. Where does Thomas live at the beginning of the book?
5. What happens when Bobby gives out free drinks for Queen Mary's birthday?
6. How do the boys feel after the shark is spotted?
7. What is Thomas' occupation at the beginning of the book?
8. How does Roger feel about beating the rich yachtsman?
9. What is the danger of swimming at night at the beginning of the book?
10. How does Roger think his father feels about his brother's death?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)