|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man with the flare gun shoot at?
(a) A stockpile of ammunition.
(b) The bar.
(c) A boat.
(d) A house.
2. How long has Thomas lived on the island at the beginning of the book?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 year.
3. What does Thomas plan to do with his boys in the gulf stream?
(b) Deep sea fishing.
4. What is the name of the island Thomas lives on at the beginning of the book?
5. What makes Thomas' oldest son happy when Thomas first sees him?
(a) Talking about something of interest.
(b) Seeing his father.
(c) Calling his mother.
(d) Eating some food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas like to paint?
2. Which of the following is NOT something the bartender tells Thomas to paint?
3. Who rides in the dinghy near the reef?
4. What does the black boy in the bar want to give the crying woman he sees?
5. What is the name of Thomas' oldest son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louis think some conch pearls would make the crying woman happy?
2. Who does Thomas meet on Queen Mary's birthday, and what do they do?
3. What do Andy's brothers have to be cautious about when around him?
4. What does Thomas realize after the shark incident?
5. What does Thomas think of Tom when they first see each other, and what changes this?
6. What happens when rum is brought to the people on the dock?
7. How does Thomas feel about driftwood at the beginning of the book?
8. What happens when Roger's brother dies?
9. What does Eddy tell Thomas to take with him when he takes his boys out on the boat?
10. Who helps David with his swordfish, and what advice is he given?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)