|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom previously live with his mother and father?
2. What does Thomas think about when his boys are asleep after the shark incident?
(a) His boys.
(b) His guilt.
(c) His work.
(d) His ex-wives.
3. What does Thomas' second oldest son remind Thomas of when he first sees him?
(a) A duck.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) An otter.
4. How is Thomas feeling about having his boys with him after the shark incident?
(a) He feels overwhelmed.
(b) He wishes it would never end.
(c) He enjoys their company.
(d) He finds it very stressful.
5. What is the name of Thomas' cook?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roger say has never forgiven him for his brother's death?
2. What does Roger talk about with the man he stays with on the night of Queen Mary's birthday?
3. Where will the mother of two of Thomas' sons be while her boys are with Thomas?
4. How does Thomas think a good book should be written?
5. What fascinates Thomas while he lives on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Thomas take his boys after their first night on the island?
2. What is Roger's method with women?
3. What characteristics do each of Thomas' sons have?
4. What happens when the swordfish is finally brought to the surface?
5. What does Roger say he would like to write, and why has he not done this yet?
6. What is Thomas' occupation at the beginning of the book?
7. How does David say he felt about the swordfish?
8. What does Frank do with his flare gun on Queen Mary's Birthday?
9. What does Tom talk about as they head out for deep sea fishing?
10. What does Thomas think of Tom when they first see each other, and what changes this?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)