|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago had the massacre occurred when Thomas gets to the scene?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 4 weeks.
2. What does Thomas' crew gather for food on the island of the massacre?
3. What arrives while Thomas and Bobby discuss the painting he made for Bobby?
(a) Thomas' boys.
(b) A houseboat.
(c) A boat full of soldiers.
(d) The police.
4. What does Thomas want to do to the yacht people who come to the island?
(a) Play a prank on them.
(b) Charge them extra.
(c) Make them leave.
(d) Paint a picture of them.
5. What are Thomas' crew pretending to do as they search for the Germans?
(a) Conduct science experiments.
(b) Tour the area.
(c) Be lost.
(d) Be German soldiers.
6. How many paintings does Thomas choose to create about the swordfish?
7. What does Thomas say to the yachtsman who asks to see his paintings?
(a) He says he only sells to island people.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He tells him where his New York gallery is.
(d) He says he will have to speak to his agent.
8. What does Thomas NOT feel about his war time duties?
9. What does Thomas try to do while Ara searches the island?
(d) Calm down.
10. What is Thomas' job in the military?
(a) Hunting for German boats.
(b) Guarding ammunition outposts.
(c) Canning radar.
(d) Signaling the enemy.
11. Who goes in the boat with Ara to search an island?
12. What is the German soldier on the island dying from when Ara finds him?
(a) Yellow fever.
(b) Loss of blood.
13. How big is the fish that the crew catches after they bathe?
(a) 70 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 60 pounds.
(d) 40 pounds.
14. Who apologizes to Thomas for David's condition the day after the swordfish got away?
15. How does Thomas get his job in the military?
(a) He wad ordered to it.
(b) He was asked politely.
(c) He volunteered.
(d) He wanted to hide from his sorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Thomas' crew search for the Germans?
2. How many bodies does Thomas' crew find at the massacre sight?
3. What kind of fish does the crew catch after they bathe?
4. Who spends most of the night fighting after the fish gets away?
5. Where does Thomas think the German submarine will head after the massacre?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)