|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby expect from the arriving people as he and Thomas are discussing the painting?
(a) Some bragging stories.
(b) Questions about the fights.
(c) Rude behavior.
(d) Good business.
2. Who teaches Audrey to swim when she is a child?
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
3. How does Thomas figure out the massacre was caused by Germans?
(a) There was a swastika left behind.
(b) One of the bodies was German.
(c) He had a gut feeling.
(d) He identified the bullets.
4. What is the German soldier on the island dying from when Ara finds him?
(b) Loss of blood.
(c) Yellow fever.
5. Who makes a pass at one of the women with the yachtsmen?
6. How does Thomas feel when he wakes up after sleeping on the beach?
7. Why does one of the women leave the bar in tears?
(a) She really wanted the painting.
(b) She finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her.
(c) She thinks Andrew is really drunk.
(d) Thomas said something rude to her.
8. What is the name of the woman who figures out the boy is not drunk?
9. What does Bobby say about Thomas and Roger as they discuss the swordfish?
(a) They look related.
(b) They are too hard on themselves.
(c) They need to get back to the boys.
(d) They did a good job.
10. How do David and Andrew die?
(a) Car accident.
(c) Plane crash.
(d) Shark attack.
11. What does the woman ask of Thomas when she learns the boy is not drunk?
(a) To go to dinner with him.
(b) To see his paintings.
(c) To have him paint a potrait of her.
(d) To meet his other children.
12. Who spends most of the night fighting after the fish gets away?
13. Where does Thomas get his supplies from?
(a) A rum boat.
(b) A military compound.
(c) A merchant ship.
(d) A store.
14. How does Audrey describe the yacht people?
(a) Rich and boring.
(b) Sullen and annoyed.
(c) Lazy and affluent.
(d) Proud and obnoxious.
15. What causes the fights the night after the fish gets away?
(a) Someone teased him about his wounded hands.
(b) Men made fun of him for letting it get away.
(c) Nobody believed the story.
(d) He was angy about losing the fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many paintings does Thomas choose to create about the swordfish?
2. What is Thomas' job in the military?
3. What does the islander tell Thomas he saw drowning in the sea?
4. Where does Roger plan to go when the boys leave?
5. What kind of fish does the crew catch after they bathe?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)