|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big is the fish that the crew catches after they bathe?
(a) 70 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 40 pounds.
(d) 60 pounds.
2. What does Thomas offer the German soldier to help his pain?
(d) A sedative.
3. What is the name of Thomas' favorite bar in Cuba?
(d) Flora y Fauna.
4. What does Bobby say about Thomas and Roger as they discuss the swordfish?
(a) They did a good job.
(b) They are too hard on themselves.
(c) They look related.
(d) They need to get back to the boys.
5. What does Thomas paint by Bobby's suggestion?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A nude woman.
(c) A war montage.
(d) A water spout.
6. What kind of boat does an islander tell Thomas passed by their island earlier?
7. How does Thomas get his job in the military?
(a) He wanted to hide from his sorrow.
(b) He was asked politely.
(c) He wad ordered to it.
(d) He volunteered.
8. What nationality are the dead soldiers at the massacre?
9. What is the name of Thomas' favorite cat?
10. What does the group have at the house when Audrey comes over?
(d) Fish and chips.
11. What does Thomas try to do while Ara searches the island?
(b) Calm down.
12. How does Thomas figure out the massacre was caused by Germans?
(a) He had a gut feeling.
(b) One of the bodies was German.
(c) He identified the bullets.
(d) There was a swastika left behind.
13. How many women come into the bar with the yachtsmen?
14. Who does Audrey come to the house to meet?
15. How does Audrey describe the yacht people?
(a) Sullen and annoyed.
(b) Rich and boring.
(c) Lazy and affluent.
(d) Proud and obnoxious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Honest Lil's profession?
2. Where does Thomas go when he hears that two of his sons have died?
3. Who teaches Audrey to swim when she is a child?
4. Who makes a pass at one of the women with the yachtsmen?
5. What does Bobby use to give to the boy pretending to be drunk?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)