|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddy tell Thomas to take with him to protect the boys in the reef?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A flare gun.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A knife.
2. Who rides in the dinghy near the reef?
3. How many sons does Thomas have?
4. What does Thomas plan to do with his boys in the gulf stream?
(a) Deep sea fishing.
5. How big is the fish that takes David's bait in the gulf stream?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
6. What kind of boat does Thomas have?
(b) Cabin cruiser.
(d) Cigarette boat.
7. What does Thomas wish he had never done the night after the shark incident?
(a) Left his sons' mother.
(b) Taken them to the reef.
(c) Moved to the island.
(d) Ignored Eddy's warnings.
8. What is the name of Thomas' oldest son?
9. What is Thomas' favorite drink?
(c) Gin and Tonic.
10. Who complains about the flare gun being shot?
(b) The yachtsman.
11. What does Roger write?
12. What does Thomas' second oldest son remind Thomas of when he first sees him?
(a) A duck.
(b) A cat.
(c) An otter.
(d) A dog.
13. Where does Tom previously live with his mother and father?
14. Where does Thomas like to build fires while he lives on the island?
(a) In a fire pit.
(b) His fireplace.
(c) In the jungle.
(d) On the beach.
15. What do the crashing waves remind Thomas of?
(b) War time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Thomas and the boys have for dinner after the shark is killed?
2. What does Thomas like to paint?
3. What does Eddy think might attract predators to the reef?
4. Who is at fault in Thomas' divorces?
5. Which of Thomas' sons is the smart one?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)