|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas plan to do when his boys leave after the visit?
(a) Work on his paintings.
(b) Try and reconcile with one of his ex-wives.
(c) Move back to France.
(d) Find a roommate.
2. What kind of boat does Thomas have?
(b) Cabin cruiser.
(d) Cigarette boat.
3. Who coaches David in catching his fish?
4. Which of Thomas' sons is the smart one?
5. What is the name of the island Thomas lives on at the beginning of the book?
6. What does the day look like when Thomas gets ready to take the boys in the gulf stream?
(a) Rainy and cold.
(b) Cold and windy.
(c) Calm and warm.
(d) Hot and windy.
7. How does Thomas' oldest son look when Thomas first sees him?
8. What does Roger write?
9. What is the name of the boy Thomas talks to at his local bar on the island?
10. What does Thomas' work keep him from feeling?
11. Why does Roger choose to do what he does the morning after Queen Mary's birthday?
(a) He has to leave the next day.
(b) He is worried about Thomas.
(c) His right hand is hurting.
(d) He feels guilty about what he did the night before.
12. What does Thomas feel no remorse about the night after the shark incident?
(a) His past.
(b) His divorces.
(c) The shark attack.
(d) His profession.
13. What is happening to the man Thomas sees on the highway in Chapter III?
(a) He is being attacked by birds.
(b) He is being taunted by a child.
(c) He is being arrested.
(d) He is being scolded by his wife.
14. What do the crashing waves remind Thomas of?
(a) War time.
15. How old is Roger when his brother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roger get injured?
2. Which of the following is NOT something the bartender tells Thomas to paint?
3. What kind of fish takes David's bait in the gulf stream?
4. What does Roger talk about with the man he stays with on the night of Queen Mary's birthday?
5. Where is Roger when he realizes the faults in one of his past girlfriends?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)