|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does the yachtsman use against the man who beat him?
(c) Flare gun.
2. Which of Thomas' sons has a mean streak?
3. Who does Roger say has never forgiven him for his brother's death?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
4. What does the boy in the bar tell Thomas he saw a yachtsman doing?
(a) Dealing drugs.
(b) Beating his wife.
(c) Throwing things out a window.
(d) Cheating on his wife.
5. What does the black boy in the bar want to give the crying woman he sees?
(a) Conch pearls.
(b) A lei of flowers.
(c) A book.
6. What is the name of the highway Thomas takes in Chapter III?
(a) King's Highway.
(b) Queen's Highway.
(c) Princesses Highway.
(d) Duke's Highway.
7. How does Thomas think a good book should be written?
8. What is the occupation of Thomas' first wife?
9. What makes Thomas' oldest son happy when Thomas first sees him?
(a) Seeing his father.
(b) Eating some food.
(c) Calling his mother.
(d) Talking about something of interest.
10. What does Eddy think might attract predators to the reef?
(a) The dinghy.
(b) Low tide.
11. What is the name of the black man who works for Thomas?
12. What does the black boy in the bar refuse to do for the yachtsman?
(a) Help him hide stolen things.
(b) Sing island songs.
(c) Keep a lookout for authorities.
(d) Not tell anyone what he saw.
13. What does Thomas feel no remorse about the night after the shark incident?
(a) His past.
(b) His divorces.
(c) His profession.
(d) The shark attack.
14. What does the man with the flare gun shoot at?
(a) The bar.
(b) A boat.
(c) A house.
(d) A stockpile of ammunition.
15. Who kills the shark coming into the reef?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Thomas' cook?
2. What does Roger do the morning after Queen Mary's birthday?
3. What does Thomas plan to do with his boys in the gulf stream?
4. Who shoots a flare gun on the dock?
5. Who sees major faults in one of Roger's girlfriends?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)