|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to the man Thomas sees on the highway in Chapter III?
(a) He is being attacked by birds.
(b) He is being arrested.
(c) He is being taunted by a child.
(d) He is being scolded by his wife.
2. What does Roger do the morning after Queen Mary's birthday?
(a) Drinks with Thomas.
(b) Works on his painting.
(c) Calls his ex-wife.
(d) Works on a dinghy.
3. What does Thomas channel his energy towards now that he lives alone?
(a) His work.
(b) Healing his psyche.
4. Who sees major faults in one of Roger's girlfriends?
(a) His friends.
(b) His kids.
(d) His parents.
5. What is the name of the bar Thomas frequents on the island?
(a) Frog's Legs.
(b) Paris De Voulez.
(c) French Stop.
(d) Ponce De Leon.
6. What does Roger enjoy doing that depresses him?
7. How big is the fish that takes David's bait in the gulf stream?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 250 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
8. What does Roger write?
9. What does Thomas think about when his boys are asleep after the shark incident?
(a) His ex-wives.
(b) His boys.
(c) His work.
(d) His guilt.
10. How many times has Thomas been married?
(a) Three times.
(b) Five Times.
(c) Four times.
11. What does Roger try doing before he becomes a writer?
12. How long has Thomas lived on the island at the beginning of the book?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 year.
13. Where does Roger leave his girlfriend when he breaks up with her?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) On a train.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) At an amusement park.
14. What does Roger talk about with the man he stays with on the night of Queen Mary's birthday?
(a) The ignorance of tourists.
(b) Evil in the world.
(c) The uses of religion.
(d) Queen Mary's reign.
15. What does Thomas feel no remorse about the night after the shark incident?
(a) His profession.
(b) His past.
(c) The shark attack.
(d) His divorces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Roger when he realizes the faults in one of his past girlfriends?
2. What does Eddy tell Thomas to take with him to protect the boys in the reef?
3. Who kills the shark coming into the reef?
4. Where does Tom previously live with his mother and father?
5. What color is the sand on the island that Thomas lives on at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)