|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons does Thomas have?
2. What kills Tom's pet pigeon?
(a) A dog.
(b) His cat.
(d) Another pigeon.
3. Where does Roger leave his girlfriend when he breaks up with her?
(a) At an amusement park.
(b) On a train.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) In a hotel.
4. Which of Thomas' sons is the smart one?
5. What color is the water around the island Thomas lives on at the beginning of the book?
6. What is the name of the bar Thomas frequents on the island?
(a) Ponce De Leon.
(b) Frog's Legs.
(c) French Stop.
(d) Paris De Voulez.
7. Where will the mother of two of Thomas' sons be while her boys are with Thomas?
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) Washington, D.C.
8. What is Thomas' favorite drink?
(b) Gin and Tonic.
9. Who does Roger stay with the night of Queen Mary's birthday?
(d) The yachtsman.
10. What is Roger's brother's name?
11. What is the name of Thomas' oldest son?
12. What does Thomas like to build his fires out of?
(c) Green pines.
13. What makes Thomas' oldest son happy when Thomas first sees him?
(a) Seeing his father.
(b) Calling his mother.
(c) Talking about something of interest.
(d) Eating some food.
14. Who talks back to the man who complains about the flare gun being shot?
(b) The yachtsman.
15. What does the black boy in the bar want to give the crying woman he sees?
(a) A book.
(b) Conch pearls.
(c) A lei of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom talk to his father about as they head to the gulf stream?
2. What is the name of the boy Thomas talks to at his local bar on the island?
3. Why does Thomas say painting is less lonely than writing?
4. What happens when David finally reels the large fish into the boat?
5. What does Roger enjoy doing that depresses him?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)