|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger get injured?
(a) He fought with the yachtsman.
(b) He slipped off the dock.
(c) He got bitten by a dog.
(d) He cut his hand on the boat.
2. How long has Thomas lived on the island at the beginning of the book?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 month.
3. What time of day does Thomas start drinking?
4. How does Tom feel about school?
(a) It is important.
(b) It is exciting.
(c) It is boring.
(d) It is a privilege.
5. What does the black boy in the bar refuse to do for the yachtsman?
(a) Keep a lookout for authorities.
(b) Sing island songs.
(c) Not tell anyone what he saw.
(d) Help him hide stolen things.
6. What does Roger try doing before he becomes a writer?
7. What color is the sand on the island that Thomas lives on at the beginning of the book?
8. What is Roger's occupation?
9. How does Thomas think a good book should be written?
10. What does Thomas plan to do when his boys leave after the visit?
(a) Move back to France.
(b) Work on his paintings.
(c) Try and reconcile with one of his ex-wives.
(d) Find a roommate.
11. What is the name of the boy Thomas talks to at his local bar on the island?
12. Who talks back to the man who complains about the flare gun being shot?
(b) The yachtsman.
13. What is Roger's brother's name?
14. What is the occupation of Thomas' first wife?
15. How many times has Thomas been married?
(a) Three times.
(b) Five Times.
(d) Four times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas' oldest son look when Thomas first sees him?
2. Which of Thomas' sons is the polite one?
3. Which of Thomas' sons has a mean streak?
4. Who kills the shark coming into the reef?
5. What is the name of the bar Thomas frequents on the island?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)