|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: At Sea Chapter III - V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Johnny to buy rum for people on the dock?
2. How long has Thomas lived on the island at the beginning of the book?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 year.
3. Why does Tom not think David will be able to catch the fish in the gulf stream?
(a) They have the wrong gear.
(b) The bait was not meant for a large fish.
(c) It is too big for David.
(d) It will interfere with his brother's snorkeling.
4. How does Thomas' oldest son look when Thomas first sees him?
5. What does Thomas like to paint?
(a) Abstract pieces.
(b) Water landscapes.
(d) Island scenes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bodies does Thomas' crew find at the massacre sight?
2. How does Thomas feel when he wakes up after sleeping on the beach?
3. What is the name of the bar Thomas frequents on the island?
4. What does Thomas do the morning after Queen Mary's birthday?
5. Where does Thomas tell Roger to write his good book?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)