|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days at sea does it take for Tuck to run out of drinking coconuts?
2. How many times is Kimi shot by the guards?
3. What is the name of Beth and Sebastian's new pilot?
4. According to Sebastian, how long has Sebastian lived on Alualu for?
5. What kind of weapons do Malink's men paint while they are getting ready to fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the height of his boredom, what does Tuck find in his bathroom?
2. What does the Sorcerer promise to give Malink if Malink finds the man who came to the island with Tuck?
3. According to Malink, when is it hardest to lead a religion?
4. Why is Tuck intent on hitting the guards outside of his bungalow with spitballs?
5. According to Beth, why has Jefferson been kept isolated in the clinic after being captured by the guards?
6. When Tuck asks Sebastian why Sebastian isn't going to watch Beth's show for the natives, how does Sebastian respond?
7. Why will the ship drop Jefferson in the ocean and make him swim to the island of Alualu?
8. How had Tuck always combated his boredom in the past?
9. What had the Sorcerer been doing instead of warning Malink that the Sky Priestess would be making an appearance?
10. After Malink hears the Sorcerer's jet take off, Malink is visited by Vincent. What does Vincent tell Malink to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The entire story takes place primarily in three different locations. Compare the following locations in the story: Alualu, Truk, and the United States. Discuss how the characters are treated in each of these locations as well as how they live and interact with each other. Of these three locations in the story, which location would you most prefer to live and why?
Essay Topic 2
There is no doubt that Tucker Case has been greatly affected by the plane crash and his resulting injuries. Discuss how Tuck's experiences affect his confidence levels, his world outlook, and his ability to interact with those around him. How do his experiences help or hinder Tuck?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Kimi and Sarapul.
a. How are the two characters similar in terms of their personal lives? How are they different?
b. How are the two characters similar in their personality characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses? How are they different?
c. Looking ahead, how might their interactions with Tucker Case impact each of these men as they move forward with their lives? Will they be similarly affected or not?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)