|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tuck uses his escape hatch for the first time, what does Tuck use for a "head" to make it look like he's sleeping in his bed?
(a) A ball.
(b) A coconut.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A wig.
2. According to what Beth tells Sebastian, what does it take to control a man like Tuck?
(b) A gentle touch.
(c) A good ribbing.
(d) Sarcastic comments.
3. According to what Jefferson tells Beth, how long has it been since Jefferson last talked to any family members?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
4. How many days at sea does it take for Sepie to begin speaking to Tuck?
5. What is the name of the drink that the natives share at the drinking circle with Tuck?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Sky Priestess appears before the unprepared natives, what is the Sky Priestess carrying for them?
2. According to Sebastian, where did his Japanese associates send him to brush up on organ transplant surgery?
3. When Tuck escapes from the bungalow, how much open space between the bungalow and the clinic does Tuck need to cross?
4. How many guards does the Sorcerer send to search the Shark People's village looking for Kimi?
5. After suggesting what Tuck should do the next morning, what does the ghost say to Tuck just before disappearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the ghost appears in Tuck's bungalow, what does the ghost throw at Tuck?
2. According to Beth, why has Jefferson been kept isolated in the clinic after being captured by the guards?
3. After Malink hears the Sorcerer's jet take off, Malink is visited by Vincent. What does Vincent tell Malink to do?
4. After Tuck escapes from the compound and Malink is questioned about Tuck's whereabouts, what does Malink tell Sebastian when questioned?
5. When the ghost introduces himself to Tuck, what does Tuck tell the ghost that he didn't have to be?
6. At what point in his life had Tuck learned to be deadly accurate with a spitball?
7. When Roberto visits Kimi after Kimi has been shot, what does Roberto tell Kimi?
8. What had the Sorcerer been doing instead of warning Malink that the Sky Priestess would be making an appearance?
9. How do the Shark People respond when Tuck tries to convince them that the Curtises are bad people?
10. What does the author liken Tuck's boredom to a week passes without Tuck having contact with anyone?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)