|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the student Mary Jean hires to look after Tuck go to school?
2. How old is the student Mary Jean hires to look after Tuck while Tuck recuperates?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 20 years old.
(c) 22 years old.
(d) 27 years old.
3. How many days pass at the bungalow before Tuck feels well enough to get up and move around other than to use the bathroom?
(a) Seven days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) Five days.
4. Where does Mary Jean actually end up sending Tuck to recuperate when he gets discharged from the hospital?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A motel.
(c) A bungalow.
(d) A college dorm.
5. How much of the airport's equipment does Tuck wreck when he crash-lands the plane?
(a) $1 million worth of equipment.
(b) $750,000 worth of equipment.
(c) $500,000 worth of equipment.
(d) $2 million worth of equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the naval intelligence man that Tuck meets at the dock, how long is the Micro Trader expected to be gone for?
2. How much money does the missionary offer to pay Tuck per week as the pilot?
3. How many Japanese ships did Vincent and his crew sink before the Sky Priestess was shot by a Japanese destroyer?
4. How do Sebastian and Beth first react when Tuck asks about the Filipino man he is traveling with?
5. How far beneath the surface is Sarapul when he has his prey trapped in a crevice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the telegram Tuck receives in his hotel room refer to staphylococci and research?
2. Why does Sarapul hate the Japanese guards on the island so much?
3. Why does Jefferson Pardee need to find a new lead story for his paper?
4. Immediately after Tuck boards the plane, what does his companion do?
5. How does the girl from the hotel bar respond when Tuck admits he shouldn't fly because he's a little drunk?
6. As Tuck is about to be killed in the plane crash, what does the voice he hears say to him?
7. As Tuck recuperates, he ponders religion. What did Tuck grow up believing that religion was?
8. Why is Tuck hung in a tree by the island natives?
9. According to Sarapul, where did navigators rank in the old days?
10. What does the pilot do when he misses the ship in Yap?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)