|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the missionary offer to pay Tuck per week as the pilot?
2. How much is the expense check that the missionary sends to Tuck along with the airline ticket?
3. Where does Mary Jean actually end up sending Tuck to recuperate when he gets discharged from the hospital?
(a) A bungalow.
(b) A college dorm.
(c) A motel.
(d) A cabin.
4. What does Kimi do as he bails water from the boat?
5. At the time of the plane crash, how old is Tuck?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Tuck and Kimi begin bailing again do the sharks finally depart?
2. What does the ship's crew call Jefferson when he arrives at the ship's railing?
3. Where is Tuck supposed to fly the morning after he meets the girl in Seattle?
4. When Vincent had crash landed on Alualu, what did Vincent give to Sarapul?
5. What position at Mary Jean's company does Tuck's visitor hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the emergency crews race after Tuck's plane when he crash-lands at the airport, the fireman notes that there is not enough fire. What does this statement signify?
2. Why is Tuck hung in a tree by the island natives?
3. Contemplating suicide on the boat, Tuck decided to look on the bright side. When he did so, what did Tuck realize?
4. How does Tuck's visitor explain the screams coming from the men's restroom at the airport to the security guards who rush in?
5. Immediately after Tuck boards the plane, what does his companion do?
6. As Tuck is about to be killed in the plane crash, what does the voice he hears say to him?
7. Tuck hears the voice as he and Kimi navigate to Alualu. What does the voice tell Tuck?
8. Why does Sarapul hate the Japanese guards on the island so much?
9. Why is the Sorcerer so upset with the pilot in regard to the pilot's travel plans?
10. When Tuck asks the hotel staff to give him a wake-up call the morning of his flight, why does the hotel desk person refuse Tuck's request for a wake-up call?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)