|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karana tell Tutok that proves she trusts the Aleut girl?
(a) Where her headland home is located
(b) Where Rontu sleeps
(c) Where she stores her food and weapons
(d) Her secret name
2. What happens after the incident in the meadow?
(a) Wild dogs never return to the headlands.
(b) Rontu disappears for one week.
(c) The Aleuts board their ship and sail away.
(d) Gulls are never again seen on the Island of the Blue Dolphins.
3. Why doesn't Karana bring Rontu with her to check out the Aleut camp?
(a) The Aleut dogs will smell Rontu.
(b) Rontu will slow her down.
(c) Karana doesn't want Rontu to get hurt.
(d) Rontu will bark at the Aleuts.
4. When Karana reaches the meadow, what does she see standing on the mound?
(a) Hundreds of gulls
(b) A pack of dogs
5. What does the big gray dog do when Karana finds him at the rocks after 2 days?
(a) Tries to run off to the brush
(b) Charges at Karana
(c) Howls in pain
(d) Lays motionless
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karana do when she no longer hears the man from the ship calling to her?
2. What happens on the evening Karana returns to her headland home?
3. What does Karana make for Tutok as a gift?
4. What does the pack leader do when he exits the cave?
5. How does Karana know Spring has come?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Karana worried about when she takes her new spear to go and hunt devilfish?
2. What does Karana do after she tracks the injured pack leader, finding him immobile on the ground?
3. Explain why Karana considers her yard a happy place?
4. How does Karana catch the wild dog she believes to be Rontu's son?
5. What does Karana discover in Black Cave on the southern coast of the island that frightens her?
6. Summarize Karana's feelings toward the animals on the island
7. After two summers alone on the island, Karana sees the Aleut ship heading toward the island. How does she prepare for her move to the hidden cave she had set up in case the Aleuts returned?
8. Explain what happens when Rontu fights the two wild dogs on the sea cliff.
9. Where does Karana make a grave for Rontu and what does she place on it?
10. How do Karana and Tutok spend their time together?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)