|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that is now making Karana feel happy?
(a) The blue dolphins are swimming in Coral Cove.
(b) The rocks, the kelp, the tides, the Island of the Blue Dolphins
(c) A new source of fresh water is found.
(d) The canoe is repaired.
2. When the wild dogs are heard barking, who is being attacked?
(b) Chief of The Island of the Blue Dolphins
(d) Children of the Ghalas-at village
3. What is the final deal that Chief Chowig accepts from Captain Orlov?
(a) Payment in gold for hunting off the coast of Coral Cove
(b) Equal parts of the hunting catch
(c) One quarter of the catch
(d) Three parts for the Chief and one part for Captain Orlov
4. What does Karana do for four nights prior to sleeping?
(a) Tosses stones at the vicious pack leader
(b) Makes more sharp spearheads
(c) Goes to the flat rock to sleep in safety
(d) Chases the wild dogs away
5. What are the things that make the first day of house building a good omen?
(a) There are supplies on hand.
(b) Wild dogs have not been seen for days.
(c) The pleasant smells of the tidal pools, the wild grasses, and the sand plants
(d) Ramo is very eager to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a law in Ghalas-at?
2. What does the young male do that starts a fight?
3. What does Chief Chowig tell the two Aleuts who ask for bass?
4. What happens after the incident in the meadow?
5. What is it Karana makes after many tries?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)