|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men of the village of Ghalas-at prepare for the coming ship?
(a) They arm themselves, running to the shore to drive away the intruders.
(b) They run down to greet the ship, carrying goods to trade with the crew members.
(c) They all hide among the stones, afraid of the unwanted intruders.
(d) They carry their weapons down to the shore. Half the men stand at the edge of the water and half hide in the rocks ready to attack if necessary.
2. What is Rontu looking at over the edge of the reef?
(a) Blue dolphins in the bay
(b) Scallops on the kelp
(c) A giant devilfish
(d) Sails on the far horizon
3. Where did the large dog leader of the pack come from?
(a) Floated in on the surf one day after a storm
(b) A small ravine
(c) The Aleut ship
(d) The far side of the Island of the Blue Dolphins
4. How do the sea otters affect humans?
(a) They are valuable as a food source.
(b) They are valuable to the Aleuts as a source for lamp oil.
(c) They are valuable to the Aleuts because of their thick, beautiful pelts.
(d) They are a nuisance to successful fishing close to shore.
5. What does Karana throw into the water when she sees the devilfish?
(a) A spear
(b) Small devilfish
(c) Dead starfish
(d) Dead scallops
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it Karana makes after many tries?
2. What does Karana see in Black Cave?
3. Why does Karana decide she needs a new canoe?
4. Why did the Russians come to Coral Cove?
5. Who is in the ship sailing to the island from the north?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)