|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the large dog leader of the pack come from?
(a) A small ravine
(b) The far side of the Island of the Blue Dolphins
(c) The Aleut ship
(d) Floated in on the surf one day after a storm
2. Who is leaving alone in a skin canoe?
(a) Chief Chowig
(b) Chief Kimki
(c) The Girl with the Long Black Hair
3. How does Karana plan to use the rock ledge in the newly-discovered cave?
(a) Store food and water
(b) Sleeping area
(c) Store and conceal the canoe
(d) Lie in ambush of the wild dogs
4. What does the shape of the island resemble when a person stands on a rise in the middle?
(a) An imperfectly-drawn circle
(b) Two separate pieces, linked by a reef
(c) A dolphin lying on its side
(d) A roughly-drawn rectangle
5. Why are the villagers calmed after the alarm?
(a) A huge warship bypasses the Island of the Blue Dolphins.
(b) The young warrior chief Kimka does not come onto the island.
(c) The ship has white sails rather than the red of the Aleuts.
(d) The wild dogs are finally driven off.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Aleuts act as they prepare to leave the island?
2. What is a law in Ghalas-at?
3. Who does Karana vow to kill as she sits awake all night?
4. Spring time on The Island of the Blue Dolphins brought lots of these?
5. As Karana watches Rontu from a short distance, what is she seeing?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)