|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Karana move to the other end of the island while the Aleuts are hunting?
(a) The far end of the island has no springs or places to hide the canoe.
(b) Karana is too sick to move from her home.
(c) Karana is afraid of spirits at the far end of the island.
(d) It is too far for Karana to travel.
2. What does Karana do to pass the time in the cave while she and Rontu are hiding from the Aleuts?
(a) She plays with Rontu.
(b) She makes a skirt from cormorant feathers.
(c) She sleeps and cries.
(d) She makes extra weapons.
3. What does the big gray dog do when Karana finds him at the rocks after 2 days?
(a) Lays motionless
(b) Howls in pain
(c) Tries to run off to the brush
(d) Charges at Karana
4. What does Karana see in the early morning light at the Aleut camp?
(a) A war party assembling on the beach
(b) Her canoe afloat in the cove
(c) A girl cooking on the beach
(d) Fire on the kelp beds
5. How does Karana care for the young otter she finds caught in the kelp?
(a) She frees it from the kelp and leaves it on the beach.
(b) She frees it from the kelp, puts it in a sheltered tide pool, and feeds it two fish.
(c) She frees it from the kelp and puts it in the sea.
(d) She brings it to her home and feeds it two dried fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the Aleuts is Karana afraid will find her?
2. What injury does Karana incur as she trips to avoid the old bull on the slope?
3. What does Chief Chowig tell the two Aleuts who ask for bass?
4. Why do Captain Orlov and his Aleut hunters camp on the high ground of the island?
5. Where does Rontu go on the day he dies?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)