|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karana see in Black Cave?
(a) Skeleton of a sea elephant
(b) Skeletons of sea otters
(c) Skeletons of wild dogs
(d) A seated human skeleton
2. What does Karana do for four nights prior to sleeping?
(a) Goes to the flat rock to sleep in safety
(b) Tosses stones at the vicious pack leader
(c) Chases the wild dogs away
(d) Makes more sharp spearheads
3. What does Chief Chowig tell the two Aleuts who ask for bass?
(a) That there is plentiful bass near the beach in the early spring
(b) That the villagers ate all the bass the night before
(c) That the bass are spoiled and not edible
(d) He has to think of his own people and refuses to share the bass
4. Why is one of the birds named Tainor?
(a) It is the name of a young man Karana liked.
(b) It is the name of a small sailing ship.
(c) It is the name of an ancient tribal chief.
(d) It is the name of the small dog Karana once owned.
5. After fishing, as Karana climbs the cliff what does she hear?
(a) The Aleuts down on the beach
(b) Thousands of gulls passing overhead
(c) Nothing, an eerie complete silence
(d) Dogs fighting
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the large dog leader of the pack come from?
2. How do the constant winds affect the land?
3. What is the sound the unknown birds are making that Karana likes?
4. What does Karana place in Rontu's grave?
5. Why is Karana putting a canoe in the water at Coral Cove?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)