|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Karana incur as she trips to avoid the old bull on the slope?
(a) Her left eye is injured.
(b) She gets a nosebleed.
(c) Her elbow is injured.
(d) Her leg is injured.
2. What is Captain Orlov's reaction to Chief Chowig's refusal of one chest as payment?
(a) He sets sail while the sun is still high.
(b) He tells Chief Chowig there are more chests on the ship just like the one on the sand.
(c) He instructs his men not to use knives and spears.
(d) He has the six chests brought to the beach after the ship is fully loaded.
3. How do the Ghalas-at tribesmen prepare for the confrontation with Captain Orlov?
(a) They trust Captain Orlov will keep the agreement, so they carry no weapons.
(b) They leave all weapons in the village when they go to see the ship set sail.
(c) They leave their place at the foot of the trail, moving forward, waiting, and watching Chief Chowig.
(d) They carry only small knives as weapons.
4. Why is Karana leaving the raging battle of sea elephants?
(a) Darkness has fallen.
(b) She has vision in only one eye.
(c) Her elbow is swollen and throbbing.
(d) Both sea elephants are mortally wounded.
5. As a storm rages for six days, what is Karana doing?
(a) Making almost 100 spearheads
(b) Killing three wild dogs
(c) Visiting others in Ghalas-at
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a reason Karana delays her shot at the sea elephant?
2. What is swimming ahead of the canoe?
3. How does Karana know Spring has come?
4. Even the smallest stored canoe is too heavy to lift, so what is Karana's solution?
5. Why are the male sea elephants sitting separate from each other?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)