|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Captain Orlov's reaction to Chief Chowig's refusal of one chest as payment?
(a) He instructs his men not to use knives and spears.
(b) He sets sail while the sun is still high.
(c) He tells Chief Chowig there are more chests on the ship just like the one on the sand.
(d) He has the six chests brought to the beach after the ship is fully loaded.
2. Who does Nanko think runs ahead of the group and boards the ship?
3. Why is Karana putting a canoe in the water at Coral Cove?
(a) To flee the loneliness of The Island of the Blue Dolphins
(b) To escape from attack of the wild dogs
(c) To spear a sea otter
(d) To spear a sea elephant
4. What does Karana realize is happening while she is paddling the canoe?
(a) The sea otter may capsize the canoe
(b) The kelp is too thick for a canoe
(c) The extra paddle is missing
(d) The canoe is leaking
5. When Karana reaches the meadow, what does she see standing on the mound?
(c) Hundreds of gulls
(d) A pack of dogs
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't Ulape and Karana throw rocks at the Aleuts from the cliff?
2. Who is the reason someone jumps overboard?
3. As a storm rages for six days, what is Karana doing?
4. Where does a white puff of smoke come from?
5. What does the young male do that starts a fight?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)