|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karana do before she climbs the ledge at the mouth of the cave?
(a) Lights a fire at the cave entrance
(b) Checks her drinking water
(c) Makes three more spears
(d) Makes three more arrows
2. What do Karana and Tutok do when they finally meet?
(a) Karana tells Tutok to stay away from her home.
(b) They trade words with each other, teaching their language.
(c) They argue over the black, stone necklace.
(d) Tutok tries to take Rontu with her.
3. What does Karana tell Tutok that proves she trusts the Aleut girl?
(a) Where Rontu sleeps
(b) Her secret name
(c) Where she stores her food and weapons
(d) Where her headland home is located
4. What does Karana do when she sees Tutok turning away and leaving through the brush?
(a) Karana smiles, glad that Tutok is leaving.
(b) Karana throws a spear at Tutok.
(c) Karana quietly hides in the bushes.
(d) Karana jumps to her feet, runs down the ravine, and calls Tutok's name.
5. Who does Karana vow to kill as she sits awake all night?
(a) A pack of wild dogs
(c) Chief Matasaip
(d) The men camped in Coral Cove
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Ramo choose as he tells Karana he is a man and the tribal chief?
2. What does Karana find in Ghalas-at when she returns?
3. As Karana looks down at the empty harbor, what is she thinking?
4. Why does Ramo get up in the darkness and leave Ghalas-at alone?
5. What does Karana do for four nights prior to sleeping?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)