|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karana following across the small hills and a valley, club in hand?
(a) A pack of wild dogs
(b) Three men carrying the canoe away from Ghalas-at
(c) Nanko and Ramo and three wild dogs
(d) A group of men that came up from Coral Cove
2. How does the island seem to Karana after Tutok leaves?
(a) Less dangerous
(b) Back to normal
(c) Very quiet
(d) More peaceful
3. What does the big gray dog do when Karana finds him at the rocks after 2 days?
(a) Lays motionless
(b) Howls in pain
(c) Charges at Karana
(d) Tries to run off to the brush
4. Where did the large dog leader of the pack come from?
(a) Floated in on the surf one day after a storm
(b) The far side of the Island of the Blue Dolphins
(c) A small ravine
(d) The Aleut ship
5. Why does Ramo get up in the darkness and leave Ghalas-at alone?
(a) To get a canoe hidden in Coral Cove
(b) To hunt the wild dogs
(c) To surprise Karana by preparing the morning meal fit for a new chief
(d) He is angry with Karana
Short Answer Questions
1. As Karana looks down at the empty harbor, what is she thinking?
2. What does Karana make for Tutok as a gift?
3. What does Karana tell Tutok that proves she trusts the Aleut girl?
4. Who does Karana vow to kill as she sits awake all night?
5. What do Karana and Tutok do when they finally meet?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)