|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the island seem to Karana after Tutok leaves?
(a) More peaceful
(b) Less dangerous
(c) Back to normal
(d) Very quiet
2. Why does Ramo get up in the darkness and leave Ghalas-at alone?
(a) To surprise Karana by preparing the morning meal fit for a new chief
(b) To get a canoe hidden in Coral Cove
(c) To hunt the wild dogs
(d) He is angry with Karana
3. What does Karana do when she sees Tutok turning away and leaving through the brush?
(a) Karana smiles, glad that Tutok is leaving.
(b) Karana quietly hides in the bushes.
(c) Karana jumps to her feet, runs down the ravine, and calls Tutok's name.
(d) Karana throws a spear at Tutok.
4. What does Karana do before she climbs the ledge at the mouth of the cave?
(a) Makes three more spears
(b) Checks her drinking water
(c) Makes three more arrows
(d) Lights a fire at the cave entrance
5. When the wild dogs are heard barking, who is being attacked?
(a) Chief of The Island of the Blue Dolphins
(b) Children of the Ghalas-at village
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karana make for Tutok as a gift?
2. Who does Karana vow to kill as she sits awake all night?
3. What does Karana tell Tutok that proves she trusts the Aleut girl?
4. What name does Ramo choose as he tells Karana he is a man and the tribal chief?
5. What does Karana do for four nights prior to sleeping?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)