Essay Topic 1
1) Analyze the character of Karana.
2) How is she depicted by O'Dell?
3) How do her own words and actions reveal what type of character she is?
4) What do her relationships with her brother Ramo, and her animal friends reveal about her character?
Essay Topic 2
1) Summarize the survival skills Karana develops.
2) Include her methods of constructing and building her shelters.
3) How does she find and prepare food?
4) How does she tame animals?
5) What are her fishing methods?
Essay Topic 3
1) Discuss how Karana grows as a character from the beginning of the novel to the end.
2) How do her attitudes change toward the wild dogs?
3) How do her feelings change toward the Aleuts?
4) How do her feelings toward life on the island differ from the beginning to the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 4
1) Give three examples from the novel when Karana proves her selflessness and loyalty to a...
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)