• Karana and her brother, Ramo see an Aleutian ship approaching the island.
• The men of Ghalas-at arm themselves, running down the trail to the shore to meet the ship.
• Half the men hide in the rocks, while the other half stand on shore.
• A Russian named Captain Orlov is in command of the Aleutian ship.
• The ship has forty men on board.
• Captain Orlov and the Aleutians come to the island to hunt sea otter and camp on the island.
• The Island of the Blue Dolphins is two leagues long by one league wide.
• The island is shaped like a dolphin lying on its side.
• Karana's sister, Ulape, finds a school of bass stranded on a ledge, and the tribe collects them.
• Two Aleuts ask Chief Chowig for some of the fish. He tells them the tribe needs the fish.
• Karana is angry that the...
This section contains 1,781 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)