|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Robert say about western intellectuals?
(a) They are all blind to true beauty
(b) They are all sitting addicts
(c) They are too self absorbed to make any real progress
(d) They are all jaded to their own upbringings
2. Why did Shanta send Tom to talk to Vijaya?
(a) To lend Vijaya a hand
(b) To take consolation from the big man
(c) Vijaya is everything Tom likes to imagine he is
(d) To speak with him about his mother
3. How do the Palanese teach in comparison to us?
(a) They focus on the here and now versus the then and later
(b) They teach as we would teach in fifteen years
(c) They don't teach propaganda, whereas we do
(d) They teach physics and math as opposed to us teaching humanities and art
4. How did Will feel the moment Molly died?
(a) Remorseful that his actions had caused her death
(b) Elated and grateful that he was free of their marriage
(c) Relieved that he could truly be with Babs
(d) Indifferent to her suffering and death
5. Where was Dr. Robert serving as a naturalist?
(a) On the Nautilus
(b) On the Melampus
(c) On the Olympus
(d) In Turkey
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will compare his late father to?
2. What fruit does Susila compare Nirvana to?
3. How did Molly feel when she found out about the affair?
4. Who was the person Appu had always loved and who loved her?
5. Will meets the young man destined to be leader of Pala in the company of what man?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)