|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will compare his late father to?
(a) A spring sunrise
(b) A water buffalo
(c) An enormous turd
(d) A gentian
2. Why did Shanta send Tom to talk to Vijaya?
(a) To take consolation from the big man
(b) To lend Vijaya a hand
(c) To speak with him about his mother
(d) Vijaya is everything Tom likes to imagine he is
3. What religion did the MacPhails start out as?
4. What is Dhyana?
5. What is the first culture difference Will perceives on this island?
(a) The civilization is tribal in nature
(b) Children are not coddled for their injuries
(c) Children are given strict penalties for stepping out of line
(d) Children are treated as adults
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Dr. Robert say that Will can stay on Pala?
2. Will meets the young man destined to be leader of Pala in the company of what man?
3. Why did Rani and Murugan leave Pala originally?
4. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
5. Who calls Will while he is reading?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)