|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first culture difference Will perceives on this island?
(a) Children are treated as adults
(b) Children are given strict penalties for stepping out of line
(c) Children are not coddled for their injuries
(d) The civilization is tribal in nature
2. Who does Will ask about when he sees Dr. Robert in the morning?
(c) Nurse Radha
3. How does Will feel about his marooning on Pala?
(a) He is angry at the plane for crash landing him on Pala
(b) He feels lonely, as no one shares his life views here
(c) He feels desolate as he is stuck there
(d) He is lucky, that is where he had to go anyway
4. What kind of marmalade does Will use?
5. What is/are Murugan's top prioritie(s) as ruler of Pala?
(a) To turn Pala into a tourist trap
(b) Militarization and industrialization
(c) To establish a dictatorship and become rich
(d) To find a way to persuade people to his will
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things are supported by tax dollars?
2. What is the difference between Will and Susila's pain?
3. Who turns out to be the father of the baby Shanta is nursing?
4. What does the Rani believe will save humanity?
5. What languages does the answer to #26 speak?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)