|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
(a) That to be eloquent about religion is to sully it
(b) That the principals of every religion ought to be followed
(c) That all people are inherently evil and must be watched over by a tyrant god
(d) All religions are equal and the same
2. What dialect of English did the Palanese have?
3. What does Part 2 state about people?
(a) That people are stupid and must be shepherded
(b) People who do good deeds are good people and this should be the foundation of their society
(c) People who do good deeds are good people, but people can't be good all the time
(d) That people need to be watched at all times for signs of betrayal
4. What does Dipa want to do with Pala?
(a) Exploit its people
(b) Get to know the culture
(c) Blow it up
(d) Absorb it into his Greater Rendang
5. Why did the waves of invasion pass Pala by?
(a) Pala has no military
(b) Pala has no trade
(c) Pala has no harbor
(d) Pala is shrouded by deadly reefs
Short Answer Questions
1. What folly were the Raja and Andrew contemplating for the people of Pala?
2. What does Will compare his late father to?
3. How often does mail leave the island?
4. Why does Will think that Joe Aldehyde gave him a job?
5. What to the Palanese is a sex addict?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)