|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy gesture to Will?
(a) To act as though they've never met
(b) To fornicate himself
(c) To come with him
(d) To get up and get out
2. What is the first culture difference Will perceives on this island?
(a) Children are given strict penalties for stepping out of line
(b) Children are not coddled for their injuries
(c) Children are treated as adults
(d) The civilization is tribal in nature
3. How does Susila compare the grief of her husband's passing?
(a) Like a black hole that sucks all joy from life
(b) It doesn't hurt after awhile, time heals all
(c) A steady pain, like a penance to remind her of him
(d) Like a phantom limb that hurts even after being amputated
4. How does the Rani view women?
(a) Essentially holy
(b) All women are deceitful temptresses
(c) All women are to be servants of the men
(d) Beings to be used for pleasure
5. What does the doctor remind Will to do at 11?
(a) Eat some fruit
(b) Call for the nurse to empty his catheter
(c) Pack his bags and prepare to leave
(d) Drink his fruit juice
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Bahu keep trying to convince Will about?
2. What was the habit the old Raja couldn't break?
3. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
4. What was the first thing the poem reminded him of?
5. How do the people of Pala suggest he conquer his fear?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)