|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the person Appu had always loved and who loved her?
(d) Dr. MacPhail
2. What does the little book state about faith?
(a) It states that faith resides in the justified capacity to know who exactly we are
(b) Faith is only to be understood by the servants of God
(c) It states that Faith is the oppression of the masses, and that faith in oneself is the key to salvation
(d) Faith is to be interpreted and wholeheartedly followed by the Rani
3. How does Will arrive on the island?
(a) He went there for a vacation
(b) He was marooned by shipwreck
(c) He is there studying the fauna
(d) He crash landed there and was pulled from the plane wreckage
4. What is the title of the book the doctor gives to Will?
(a) "King Lear"
(b) "Brave New World"
(c) Notes on Who's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do to Them"
(d) "Notes on What's What, and on What it Might be Reasonable to Do About What's What"
5. What is the first thing Will does when he wakes up on Pala?
(a) Recounts his late wife's death
(b) Surveys his surroundings and makes a mental note of what he has
(c) He sits up and examines himself for injuries
(d) He immediately begins work on a spear
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things are supported by tax dollars?
2. Why does the Rani want to sell the oil to Southeast Petroleum?
3. How often does mail leave the island?
4. What does Mr. Bahu want to be paid to set up the deal for Lord Aldehyde?
5. What does Part 2 state about people?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)