|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the image that nurse Appu saw in her minds eye that made her laugh
(a) The pyramids in white cloth
(b) A pedantic teacher on too much caffeine
(c) A bear on a unicycle
(d) Their kitten chasing yarn
2. What does the tea Will is fed do, according to the nurse?
(a) It is a flavorful beverage to delight his palate
(b) It is a pain killer
(c) It is a sleeping draught
(d) Helps people to stop worrying
3. What does Susila do for Will?
(a) Brings him tea and scones
(b) Talks about her trip to France
(c) Commiserates on the death of their spouses
(d) Talks him into a trance-like sleep
4. Why was Will headed to Pala?
(a) To introduce western culture to the indigenous people there
(b) To find himself
(c) To pave the way to the rich oil deposits there
(d) To document and take pictures of rare species of birds
5. What two things are supported by tax dollars?
(a) Sanitation and Healthcare
(b) Healthcare and contraceptives
(c) Education and contraceptives
(d) Healthcare and education
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
2. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
3. What does Mr. Bahu say the plague of the twentieth century is?
4. What is Will's perception of the relationship between Murugan and Dipa?
5. Who is Will's boss?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)