|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Rachel satisfy Will?
(a) She insisted he divorce Molly
(b) She would refuse him sexually
(c) She was too openly loving to will in the presence of Molly
(d) She was always consumed with her artistry
2. What does Appu's lover think of her mental state?
(a) She is abnormally sane
(b) She is slightly crazy
(c) She's a closet psychotic
(d) She is completely neurotic
3. Why did the waves of invasion pass Pala by?
(a) Pala has no military
(b) Pala has no harbor
(c) Pala has no trade
(d) Pala is shrouded by deadly reefs
4. What does Part 1 of the book state about religion?
(a) That the principals of every religion ought to be followed
(b) That all people are inherently evil and must be watched over by a tyrant god
(c) That to be eloquent about religion is to sully it
(d) All religions are equal and the same
5. After Murugan resisted the temptation of the young girl, who did they send?
(a) A councillor
(b) A young boy
(c) An older woman
(d) A middle aged goat
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Appu think that American doctors view their patients?
2. Who was Andrew MacPhail's second patient after the Raja?
3. Who was the Rani's master?
4. What does Karuna mean to the Palanese?
5. What was Murugan doing while everyone else was having a vision?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)