|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator recognize Ishmael in Chapter 1?
(a) When Ishmael growls
(b) When the keeper forces Ishmael to move
(c) When Ishmael speaks to him
(d) When he is staring into his own eyes
2. What temptation does Ishmael say Adam succumbed to when he took the fruit from Eve in the Bible story?
(a) The temptation to have power over Eve
(b) The temptation to rule over men
(c) The temptation to have a glorious name
(d) The temptation to live without limit
3. What does the narrator take with him when he leaves the carnival grounds at the end of the book?
(a) Ishmael’s blankets
(b) Ishmael’s bars
(c) Ishmael’s books, maps and papers
4. What does Ishmael say made Germans captive under Hitler?
(a) Hitler’s charisma
(b) Hitler’s international support
(c) Hitler’s violence
(d) Hitler’s story about the Aryan people
5. What looming crisis does Ishmael imply will correct the ‘Takers’’ excesses?
(b) Population explosion
Short Answer Questions
1. What new name for the Leavers do Ishmael and the narrator arrive at in their discussion in Chapter 12?
2. What does Mr. Partridge tell the narrator when he inquires at the Sokolow house in Chapter 10?
3. How does the narrator characterize the 1960s?
4. What is the story the narrator tells in Chapter 3?
5. What event does Ishmael say correlates to the birth of the Takers’ story?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)