|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did the Takers’ story come into existence?
(a) 20-30 thousand years ago
(b) 2,000 years ago
(c) 200-300 years ago
(d) 10-12 thousand years ago
2. What does the narrator say he feels when he gets home?
(a) Hope and an obligation to work
(b) Ishmael’s eyes on him
(c) A new degree of emptiness
3. When does Ishmael say the event he put at 8,000 B.C. on his timeline ended?
(a) He says that it has not ended yet
(b) 2,000 A.D.
(c) 5,000 B.C.
(d) 500 B.C.
4. What does the narrator tell Ishmael he wants to know in Chapter 11?
(a) Where Ishmael’s other students are
(b) Why he decided to teach
(c) The Leavers’ story
(d) Where the Sokolows have been
5. What temptation does Ishmael say Adam succumbed to when he took the fruit from Eve in the Bible story?
(a) The temptation to have a glorious name
(b) The temptation to live without limit
(c) The temptation to have power over Eve
(d) The temptation to rule over men
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator find when he gets to the carnival grounds at the end of the book?
2. What does the narrator say his relationship with Nazi Germany is?
3. In Chapter 11, how does Ishmael define culture?
4. What does Ishmael say the Takers repudiated when they split from the Leavers?
5. Where does Ishmael say he was born?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)