|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael say he wants, in Chapter 4, when the narrator finally realizes the truth of what Ishmael has been talking about?
2. What does Ishmael say, in Chapter 5, is man’s purpose on the earth?
(a) To dream it
(b) To fulfill it
(c) To perfect it
(d) To rule it
3. How does Ishmael characterize the notion that agriculture started in the Fertile Crescent?
(a) He says that it has not been proved yet
(b) He says that it is undisputed
(c) He says that it is an old hat
(d) He says that it is subject to much debate
4. How does Ishmael respond when the narrator says that he does not believe that he is part of a story?
(a) He says that belief is the beginning of resistance
(b) He says that it is easier to believe in more incredible things
(c) He says that belief is less important than action
(d) He says that belief is unimportant
5. In Chapter 3, how does Ishmael tell the narrator to think, when he tries to get him to see the myth of his culture?
(a) Counter intuitively
(d) Like a child
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he reacts so violently to the ad in Chapter 1?
2. Why does the narrator say he answers the newspaper ad?
3. When does the narrator recognize Ishmael in Chapter 1?
4. How does the narrator characterize the 1960s?
5. Where, in the narrator’s account, does the destruction of the earth get reversed?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)