|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator’s creation story begin?
(a) 10- 15 billion years ago
(b) 2 thousand years ago
(c) 4 billion years ago
(d) 250 thousand years ago
2. In Chapter 5, how does the narrator characterize the world without man?
(a) Post-apocalyptic dreamscape
(c) Bloody jungle
(d) Raw material
3. Whose voice does Ishmael say the narrator is lulled by?
(a) God the Father
(b) Mother Culture
(c) Mother Nature
(d) Father Time
4. What does Ishmael say he can offer the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) A new perception of the world
(b) A set of practical tools for changing the world
(c) Access to mystical experience
(d) A network of people who resist culture
5. What does Ishmael say is the pinnacle of the story the narrator tells in Chapter 3?
(b) God’s laws
(c) A just society
(d) Man himself
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he expected when he answered the newspaper ad?
2. What does the narrator say was removed when man learned to farm?
3. What does the narrator answer when Ishmael asks him, in Chapter 5, what man’s destiny is?
4. In Chapter 3, how does Ishmael tell the narrator to think, when he tries to get him to see the myth of his culture?
5. What does the narrator say is his first impression of the room in Chapter 1?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)