|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Ishmael say correlates to the birth of the Takers’ story?
(a) The birth of agriculture
(b) The development of trade routes
(c) The discovery of metallurgy
(d) The beginning of writing
2. When does the narrator recognize Ishmael in Chapter 1?
(a) When he is staring into his own eyes
(b) When the keeper forces Ishmael to move
(c) When Ishmael growls
(d) When Ishmael speaks to him
3. In Chapter 3, how does Ishmael tell the narrator to think, when he tries to get him to see the myth of his culture?
(a) Like a child
(b) Counter intuitively
4. What does Ishmael say he can offer the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) A new perception of the world
(b) A set of practical tools for changing the world
(c) A network of people who resist culture
(d) Access to mystical experience
5. How does Ishmael define a story?
(a) A manifestation of the self seeking its center through experience
(b) A set of events aligned by a human experience of them
(c) A scenario interrelating man, the world and the gods
(d) A fiction that makes factual life possible
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishmael say the narrator will be the result of learning what he is teaching?
2. Upon answering the ad, what does the narrator say he finds in the room when he goes in?
3. What is the office building like, where the narrator answers the newspaper ad?
4. How does the narrator characterize the end of the 1960s?
5. What does Ishmael say is the pinnacle of the story the narrator tells in Chapter 3?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)