|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael characterize the people who recognized the mythology of Hitler’s rule, but went along with it anyway?
(a) He characterizes them as panicked fish in a school
(b) He describes them as silly children
(c) He describes them as animals in a stampede
(d) He characterizes them as mindless drones
2. What does the narrator say is his first impression of the room in Chapter 1?
3. What event does Ishmael say correlates to the birth of the Takers’ story?
(a) The discovery of metallurgy
(b) The beginning of writing
(c) The development of trade routes
(d) The birth of agriculture
4. Why does the narrator say he reacts so violently to the ad in Chapter 1?
(a) Because he had never had any response when he ran similar ads himself
(b) Because he had once taught lessons in saving the world himself
(c) Because he had always hoped to see an ad like this, but feels he had missed his chance
(d) Because he had once wanted to save the world
5. What does the narrator say he does with the newspaper the first time he reads Ishmael’s ad?
(a) Throws it in the trash
(b) Burns it
(c) Leaves the paper on a bench
(d) Throws it on the floor
Short Answer Questions
1. What end does Ishmael say he foresees for the Takers’ culture?
2. What is the office building like, where the narrator answers the newspaper ad?
3. How does Ishmael say the narrator learned the story of ‘how things came to be this way’?
4. How long ago did the Takers’ story come into existence?
5. Why does the narrator have a hard time identifying the creation myth of his culture?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)